+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Large Format Printers

Donor Ikkarht is a jewel in the rough Ikkarht is a jewel in the rough Ikkarht is a jewel in the rough Ikkarht is a jewel in the rough
    Thanks

Large Format Printers

Hi, all.

As there's a great deal of people with knowledge and experience on these forums, I was curious to see if anyone could share their thoughts on large format printers (talking about 42-inch and above). I currently have an HP T1120ps at work, and have found it to be less than reliable over the course of several years. It has frequent issues with jamming, even when using heavyweight coated HP paper. It only seems to occur with paper 36 inch or above. HP customer service has been unable to help me resolve this issue, even with on-site tech support. Is this a common issue with HP plotters, or do I have a poor example?

I understand all printers occasionally have issues, but, in your experience, have you found Canon or Epson to be more reliable than HP? What about alternate brands, like Roland or OCE? Seriously considering switching to something else.

Share your thoughts. Any advice would be appreciated!

Banned MinTea will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    I have experience with a large format HP (mfp 4000 if I recall correctly) and have used it over say... five years? Completely agree with reliability issues vs. age, which is a shame considering they cost so much! It's always been a temperamental machine though. Plus customer support is pretty terrible IMO.

I've also used two different models of OCE as b&W plotters and found them reliable and sturdy. Our first model lasted for about 13 years and even then it was replaced due to a part not being made anymore. :)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MinTea For This Useful Post:

Junior Member sarmike is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I have a Canon IPF 8000 and I love it! It has 12 colors and has a incredible gamut.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sarmike For This Useful Post:

Junior Member Indy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Question The problem with plotter Epson 11880.

Hi everyone! I work with Epson plotters. There are particular problems with the plotter Epson 11880. When installing a new roll of paper in the plotter, it produces about 30 centimeters of paper and does not pull it back. It turns out that every time you change the roll printing starts with 31 centimeters. Loss of paper standing in 30 centimeters. Maybe someone knows how to fix this problem? I would be grateful for your help!

Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkarht View Post
    Hi, all.

As there's a great deal of people with knowledge and experience on these forums, I was curious to see if anyone could share their thoughts on large format printers (talking about 42-inch and above). I currently have an HP T1120ps at work, and have found it to be less than reliable over the course of several years. It has frequent issues with jamming, even when using heavyweight coated HP paper. It only seems to occur with paper 36 inch or above. HP customer service has been unable to help me resolve this issue, even with on-site tech support. Is this a common issue with HP plotters, or do I have a poor example?

I understand all printers occasionally have issues, but, in your experience, have you found Canon or Epson to be more reliable than HP? What about alternate brands, like Roland or OCE? Seriously considering switching to something else.

Share your thoughts. Any advice would be appreciated!
    Hi! I work with the brand Epson plotters already 5 years approximately . I love this technique! Plotter 9700 - great plotter ! For their needs very good technique ! Typing on it everything - drawings , posters , canvas . Under normal load - minimal problems . So as there are 11880 plotter , it 9 colors - the color palette is very big and good, I like , though plotter has some problems . While working with plotter not so long ago and I think that in the near future and cope with them. I advise you to consider the technique of the brand Epson , I personally happy with it !

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Indy For This Useful Post:

Banned MinTea will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Hi everyone! I work with Epson plotters. There are particular problems with the plotter Epson 11880. When installing a new roll of paper in the plotter, it produces about 30 centimeters of paper and does not pull it back. It turns out that every time you change the roll printing starts with 31 centimeters. Loss of paper standing in 30 centimeters. Maybe someone knows how to fix this problem? I would be grateful for your help!
    Is it something with all LFP though? My HP wastes at least 3 metres of paper when the roll runs out. :(

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MinTea For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by MinTea View Post
    Is it something with all LFP though? My HP wastes at least 3 metres of paper when the roll runs out. :(
    Last 3 meters can be removed from the holder and place in LFP as a sheet material. I partially solved the problem by turning the manual lifting and plotter paper. Helps to reduce the size of waste. But I want to know, maybe just in the settings there is a setting size plotter output.

Thanks

Question The problem with the nozzles on the plotter Epson 9700

Who met with such a problem? 1 Nozzle for Magenta not scrubbed, but happy that she swapped with tassel. After the first cleaning it at the upper left, the second cleaning it is also at the top, but one position to the right. I understand it's just something has burned itself on the printhead. Who faced? What did you do?

+ Reply to Thread