+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How long did it take you to get your account upgraded?

Junior Member corkymac is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I may need a thanks also as I'm fast approaching 20!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to corkymac For This Useful Post:

Junior Member corkymac is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Anyone know how many thanks you need? Or is it just the one?

Feel free to thank me hehe

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to corkymac For This Useful Post:

Junior Member OldBull is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Here is hoping it happens soon!

For all of us waiting.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to OldBull For This Useful Post:

PRC Member Marte is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hi guys , please READ.

This is to everybody:

Marte here , I found this forum looking for info about printing on the internet. Same as all of you I started from zero posts and hoping I would soon get my PRC membership as I am studying as much as I can and all resources available are precious to me for learning.

I signed up and I got to the 20 posts right away and nothing...
    I got my PRC membership not long ago and NO , I DID NOT PAY A CENT FOR IT.

So here are a few tips:

You need to have AT LEAST 20 posts , USEFUL POSTS , means that at least someone on the forum thank you for it.
    The section of the forums that is open to new members for posting useful things is the
    "Full pluggins" if you have software to share it will help A LOT ; just read first for reposts and make sure your links are working solid.

Be sure to participate in the discussions , if you have some useful tips for sure they will be thanked and that will help you a lot to get to the PRC.
    (things that you have discovered by self research or just try and test tips will help a lot as well.)

Another thing NOT IN THE RULES but you must know is PERSEVERANCE :
    If you think that signing up and posting 20 short useless comments is going to take you to the PRC right away , know that it does not work that way.
    Why? there is an incredible amount of leeches , means people that sign in a forum just to download as much as they can and they NEVER contribute with anything , once they are done they just never get back in the forum.

I come here EVERYDAY to study , I signed up because I really have the need to learn to print properly ( I work as freelancer and can not afford the money nor the time to go sign up in classes and even if I had I don´t speak the language yet here where I live so this is my "university"). For the past few weeks I have been reading EVERY SINGLE THREAD written here , go to my workshop and try , come back with my feedback and ask my questions. SERIOUS PARTICIPATION IS SUPER IMPORTANT.
    It makes sure you are not just another leech and you are truly interested on become a part of the community.

Maybe I sound too serious but the truth is that this is the best community I have found so far , people is dedicated to this as a job and all agree in one point:

A FORUM IS COLLECTIVE INTELLIGENCE.

We learn from each others , we share our resources and experiences so the road is easier and faster for everybody. We sail the same boat in the same direction.

If you can realize this , you are truly interested and serious about these matters , do not worry , your membership will come along sooner rather than later.

Another thing I have read is new members complain about administrators and moderators almost not present and or no reply to private messages regarding this topic.
    If you belong to some other forums you have noticed that moderators check for rude people , racist comments , BIG words and things like that , right?
    Check and read the forum here = there are none.
    I do believe that the fact that one has to earn the membership helps a lot for the health of this forum and when your PRC real membership arrives is because they can see you have proved yourself a valuable asset for the group or you have a genuine interest in what we do and you are really serious about this.

If so... go on , I assure you the effort and the time is totally worth it.
    At least me ... I have learnt here in a few weeks more than in years of study by myself and hey ... have even made a few good friends .

So go on , stay , get involved and participate , you will see there is a lot of very cool and interesting people here always willing to give you a hand .

Cheers!

M.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Marte For This Useful Post:

Junior Member craigerr is on a distinguished road craigerr's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up I will have to wait and see i guess

there seems to be alot of helpful people here, would like to share files here will continue to get my account upgraded.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to craigerr For This Useful Post:

Junior Member aguacate is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I have:

and waiting... and waiting...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to aguacate For This Useful Post:

Junior Member rawhide is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    this sounds like a lot of work, can 20m people hit the thank button to expedite my updgrade? i need to start sucking some files hehe.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rawhide For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2