+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Graffiti / Street Art consultation!

Donor lich707 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Graffiti / Street Art consultation!

Hi guys! I am new to printroot and I want to make myself useful if I can help it!

I have a huge bank of experience, practice, and research into almost every style of lettering - tags and written script styles, throw ups, straight letter pieces all the way up to full wildstyle pieces. (If you don't what these things are, just ask!) I know pixacao and wicket styles, too. One of the things that can really turn people off is a mistake in the use of graffiti aesthetic or structure, so I'd love to help you make your next project 100% authentic.

Much like the rich study of typography, there are many implicit motifs, and certainly many ubiquitous ligatures. Adding certain details is difficult for most people without real graffiti experience. Tasteful use of slight variation in similar letters, decorations like arrows and halos, underlines, and layouts can turn your design from "cut-and-pasted graffiti" to street certified.

Let me know if I can help you with your work! Just a tiny big of help from someone with experience can go a long way.

Don't forget that different styles belong to different places on the earth! Almost every major city in the US, Europe, and Asia have unique schools of lettering. This kind of information is impossible to obtain without consulting someone who has traveled and seen everything the graffiti world has to offer.
    Last edited by lich707; 12-16-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Banned hatanumaras is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I LOVE Faust's chisel tip handstyle. If you could emulate that style accurately, I would like to snd some work your way.

Donor lich707 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Are you looking for one-off stuff, like phrases, or are you working on a font? I can give it a try :)

Banned lolliepoz is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Check out Typodermic, font "Owned", that should fit your category.

+ Reply to Thread