+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Epson Sure Color 30600

Junior Member puruppo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Epson Sure Color 30600

Hello Everybody,
    today I went to a demostration of the new epson Sure Color 30600. It's an Ecosolvent plotter 64"... The price is really good, almost scary me, and seems to be a good printer, I think I'm going to buy it. Does someone have this printer and can tell me their opinion?
    Thanks.

Junior Member gabibyte is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hey there,

We have just bought one a few weeks ago and we haven't really tested it to it's powers but i must say i am very impressed. The price point is very low, the quality so far was very good and the speed! We have to sort out and get a good rip and then we can really open the 29m2/hour speed at 720dpi that it really has. Ink is not that expensive either. Having a tough time feeding and aligning the media correctly since it's our first eco-solvent plotter and thus we haven't got that much experience, but we've printed on poster paper so far and we are really pleased with the results. Always gives you the feeling of a reliable machine.

Currently we're using a Shiraz RIP trial with which i for one am hugely pleased to work with, it's got all the necessary options and we are considering it against other powerful RIPs like Fiery. Not sure about the ink consumption since i don't have anything to compare it with, but we've printed almost 50 linear meters on 1.37 roll and it dropped in ink levels about 6-8 percent at most. Yes we've printed mostly at 1440dpi, you do the maths i have no idea.

We're hoping to try new materials with it and i will tell you how it went. Anymore questions i can answer, feel free to ask.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gabibyte For This Useful Post:

Junior Member puruppo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Thank you gabibyte,
    I think that quality/price of this printer is the best in the market right now.

Junior Member gabibyte is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    The funny thing was that when i was looking for a printer, a salesman for Roland told me that Epson SureColor is old technology and the Roland is new. From what i know the Roland uses an older generation of Epson DX-5 or DX-6 heads. The SureColor uses the latest generation and also the latest generation of ink, which is theoretically better than the GS ink because the yellow should have new formulation and thus prints are guaranteed for 3 years...which in real time is 1.5 years, which for me is good enough.

If people want 10 year prints i'm not interested, they should go to UV prints. I'm interested in the fast-changing print-market, not selling stuff that lasts 100 years.

I will keep testing it and post my progress and critics here.

+ Reply to Thread