+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any here a bartender? Post your little-known tips and tricks here!

Junior Member Halfy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Any here a bartender? Post your little-known tips and tricks here!

So here's the deal, been getting into handcrafted cocktails and began making them at home. You'd think that all you need to do is get the recipe for a drink, which are all available online to an insane degree, but the reality is not so simple.

First, every's recipe is different for the same drink. You want a negroni? Well, you could follow the directions and come out with a drink that's too bitter or too sweet. Without understanding the vermouth and bitters that go into the drink, it will be hard to adjust to some's liking.

Secondly, technique! Little things that are never explained fully in a normal recipe like how to properly wet shake a drink using ice. The longer you shake it, the more diluted the drink gets, which may or may not be what you're looking for.

Any bartenders out there w/ some protips that aren't generally known? Here's a simple and obvious that people ignore (including myself): use a chilled cocktail glass of appropriate size. A warm glass will heat up your drink quick and make it a lot less enjoyable. You can cool down a glass quickly by putting some ice in it and filling it w/ water. Let it sit till moisture condenses on the outside and throw the ice water out. Super fast to do and it'll make for a better drink.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Halfy; 08-21-2013 at 07:52 PM.

Junior Member PetarOnline is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    flirt with customers :D

Banned leec3 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    My friend is really into this and I can attend to the fact that it's very tricky. But I'm a good friend, I try all of his drinks ;)

Banned adamablo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    The trick to bartending is - if you have enough time asking exactly what you/the customer wants specifically, they always have something they prefer that's different to the original recipe.

+ Reply to Thread