+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [REQUEST] Help digitizing a few Gorillaz LPs

Member Composed is a jewel in the rough Composed is a jewel in the rough Composed is a jewel in the rough Composed is a jewel in the rough
    Thanks

[REQUEST] Help digitizing a few Gorillaz LPs

It's a complicated story but I've been collecting Gorillaz albums/singles/promos/acetates for 10+ years and I've been wanting to clean up clicks and pops in the 7 or 8 Gorillaz tracks that are only available on vinyl.

I've tried using Adobe Audition and [since I'm familiar with the CC Suite] I've had the most luck but I worry that I remove too much and should probably be using iZotope RX or WaveLab - or at least try them.

Levels may need to be adjusted as well - I ripped the LPs once and I would at least like to know if my original recordings [16-Bit WAV, nothing fancy] are salvageable or if I need to re-record them with better equipment.

Any Sound Recording Technology enthusiasts / golden ear who could help with this project that's been on hold since November of last year. Either way - some generic show of support would be appreciated. Imagine how ridiculous I feel asking for mastering support in the one section of a Graphic Design but I've got my fingers crossed. P.S. I love you if you've read this far.

Feel free to ask me to elaborate on anything.

Junior Member cancar will become famous soon enough cancar will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    Great idea, I personally encourage you to find a vinyl player (the new ones) that have software to rip vinyl into digital format, some of them rip in FLAC

Member Composed is a jewel in the rough Composed is a jewel in the rough Composed is a jewel in the rough Composed is a jewel in the rough
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cancar View Post
    Great idea, I personally encourage you to find a vinyl player (the new ones) that have software to rip vinyl into digital format, some of them rip in FLAC
    Oh, absolutely. I used one of those cheap ION decks because (from what I've read) even though the table is pure garbage, the USB recording quality is basically the same. Was pretty unsatisfied with everything about the software and lack of options when importing music so I returned it.

Basically was wondering if I should invest in another or clean up what I've already ripped and be satisfied with my current analogue setup.

+ Reply to Thread