+ Reply to Thread

Thread: To those complaining about free font posts, "spamming" with requests, and so on-

Banned HappySunshineKid is on a distinguished road

To those complaining about free font posts, "spamming" with requests, and so on-

First off, this is for the most part a great site. I have been able to find some of the fonts I've been looking for that I couldn't find else where. For that, I'm appreciative. But it does get tiresome seeing some people complaining about what gets posted, more so than the so-called spamming, and here's why:

First off, we're told to use the search before requesting, and for the most part that works and I have no problem with that. But sometimes the search doesn't bring up any results. This may be because of people naming the fonts with numbers and symbols replacing the actual letters in the name. I know this is for a reason, but it really screws up the searching process. So if we can't find what we're looking for with Search, we're told to look through each page individually. Do you realize how long that would take? At last count, I believe there were 500 or so pages in the Resourses part of the forum. Some of us simply do not have time or patience to go through every single page in hopes of finding a font. So if requesting something is faster and easier than tediously searching, I see no problem with it.

Second, we're then told that we're not allowed to only make requests, but that we must give something back. Um, did you stop to think that some of us simply can't afford to buy fonts? Which is why we look for sites like this to begin with. If we could afford fonts in order to have fonts to share (since we're told numerous times that we're not supposed to share free fonts), we wouldn't need to come here in the first place. And you don't have to go out and buy and share fonts just for those of us who can't afford it. We all appreciate it when you do, but it is still your choice, so to expect something in return is, in my opinion, rude. What ever happened to doing something out of the kindness of your heart without expecting something in return? If we have something to offer back, we will, but don't treat those of us who don't as if we're worth less than those who do.

And then you have the people who share fonts, but have them restricted to a ridiculous amount of posts. How does having 20+ posts on this forum mean you deserve them more than any else? What do you expect us to do, post a bunch of free fonts and requests to get to those numbers? But oh wait, we're not allowed to do that.
    Last edited by HappySunshineKid; 10-28-2013 at 05:32 PM.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to HappySunshineKid For This Useful Post:

Junior Member LeBetenoir is on a distinguished road
    Yeah, also I see a lot of people complaining about "leechers" who download and don't say "thank you". Now, it's really just good manners to say thank you, but if someone forgets or doesn't know to do it or whatever, does that make them a leech? I've seen people get really angry and vehement about this issue! is there something I'm missing here, do we get paid for thanks?

+ Reply to Thread