+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another Reply to @HappySunshineKid

Member DvlsAdv0c8 has a reputation beyond repute DvlsAdv0c8 has a reputation beyond repute DvlsAdv0c8 has a reputation beyond repute DvlsAdv0c8 has a reputation beyond repute DvlsAdv0c8 has a reputation beyond repute DvlsAdv0c8 has a reputation beyond repute DvlsAdv0c8 has a reputation beyond repute DvlsAdv0c8 has a reputation beyond repute DvlsAdv0c8 has a reputation beyond repute DvlsAdv0c8 has a reputation beyond repute DvlsAdv0c8 has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,048 Times in 108 Posts

Another Reply to @HappySunshineKid

@HappySunshineKid
    It appears by your wording that you are referring to at least some of my comments/posts. You are welcome to PM me if you would like to continue this discussion in private. Same goes for any else. I am happy to explain my stance, but again, I can only speak for myself.

...we're told to use the search before requesting, and for the most part that works and I have no problem with that. But sometimes the search doesn't bring up any results.
    Do you really think that anybody will have a problem with you saying "Hey, I did a search and was unable to find this" if you have to post a request? If nothing else, somebody will quite cheerfully point you in the direction of previously posted links.

...we're then told that we're not allowed to only make requests, but that we must give something back. Um, did you stop to think that some of us simply can't afford to buy fonts?
    UM, you are preaching to the choir, my friend. Believe me, I'm POOR, just barely paycheck-to-paycheck. Good fonts do go on sale though, and some even just come cheap. I'd rather see $3 fonts that haven't ever been posted than free fonts that we all have that have been posted 18,000+ times. You don't have to wait until somebody requests something, either. If you buy a nice, inexpensive font, do like I do and just post it on the forum. You'd be surprised how inexpensive some of mine were.

How does having 20+ posts on this forum mean you deserve them more than any else? What do you expect us to do, post a bunch of free fonts and requests to get to those numbers? But oh wait, we're not allowed to do that.
    Just making 20 posts does not a deserving poster make, which is exactly why I changed my method of sharing. I had to meet that number also, you know. I am totally willing to help out though, as a few others on here can attest to, even if you've only posted a few requests or even some free fonts.

It's really not that hard to get to 20 posts. Just don't expect to do it overnight. Do you really NEED that font, RIGHT THIS MINUTE? If you do, ASK! You might be surprised how helpful many of us really are.

But if you suddenly appear as a new user and make 25 separate posts titled "test post #whatever," or anything along those lines, it's perfectly obvious what you are doing, and I will say no to your request. People who do things like this come across like greedy, drooling font perverts who offer to babysit for free. Says a lot about a person, and whether they truly need or respect what you have. People like that tend to draw exactly the kind of attention we don't want here.

...We all appreciate it when you do, but it is still your choice, so to expect something in return is, in my opinion, rude.
    EXPECT something in return? Who said that? I only ASK and HOPE that you will return the favor TO THE FORUM IN GENERAL, not me personally. We all came here to GET something, but it's just respectful (and common sense) to return the favor when you can. Otherwise you're just that greedy, drooling font pervert I spoke of before, and I'm not handing over my child to you with that knowledge. Yes, my choice.

Think about what it is EXACTLY that we are doing here. OK, just THINK. And don't take it so darn personal. It's pretty clear who on this forum is straight up, and who is acting like a drooling font pervert.

I do agree, though, that something needs to change.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DvlsAdv0c8 For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread