+ Reply to Thread

Thread: @BirdYoshi and @onyxtwilight

Member DvlsAdv0c8 has a reputation beyond repute DvlsAdv0c8 has a reputation beyond repute DvlsAdv0c8 has a reputation beyond repute DvlsAdv0c8 has a reputation beyond repute DvlsAdv0c8 has a reputation beyond repute DvlsAdv0c8 has a reputation beyond repute DvlsAdv0c8 has a reputation beyond repute DvlsAdv0c8 has a reputation beyond repute DvlsAdv0c8 has a reputation beyond repute DvlsAdv0c8 has a reputation beyond repute DvlsAdv0c8 has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,048 Times in 108 Posts

@BirdYoshi and @onyxtwilight

@BirdYoshi -

I have wondered the same thing. I see mod names when they are online, but I guess maybe they PM people instead of posting reprimands on the forum? I don't know.

On the other hand, there is a "Report this post" button we can all use if a post violates the forum rules; let's see where that gets us.

But we are not mods or admin, and the rules do say we cannot mod ourselves.

@Onyxtwilight -

First of all, I can only speak for myself here. But I think many others will agree with my point.

I agree with you that post-count controls can create problems. This is why I chose to set some additional restrictions of my own on who I send download links too, and put that info with everything I post.

I even went back, pulled all of my previously posted links, and changed all of my previous posts to reflect that information. And yes, I do check each new name as I receive requests, and I keep a white/blacklist.

I am also willing to be flexible if a user without enough posts but a clean enough posting history PMs me and asks if they can have the font anyway.

I don't mind free fonts if they are unusual/spectacular/hard to find, or a user's own creation. I don't even mind your Adobe Giddyup if it hasn't been posted before. In my mind, THAT is kind of the point - getting others to post and participate in this forum, within the guidelines of the rules.

But when a user posts something from Dafont or FontSpace or FontSquirrel that we ALL KNOW we can get there for free, or makes separate posts called "Test Post #whatever" multiple times, or requests/posts something that has already been posted without SEARCHING first, they are not following forum rules.

I personally scoured every available post in this section before I began posting or requesting so that I would know what was already available/requested. Tedious, but well worth it.

And there are a lot of nice people on here who are also willing to share if you are nice to them and treat them and this forum with respect, post-count limits or not.

And yeah, I don't get the o n e (It does it with t w o also) thing either. I have not seen this on other Vbulletin forums I have participated on.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DvlsAdv0c8 For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread