+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Psm 7

Donor ikar098 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tomcatinc View Post
    PSM and Brisque have one nice feature: one calibration curve for all colors. Harlequin must have copied all values for each color. Transparency handling is bad, true, but if you resolve it during the creation of the file, it gives you much more freedom. I use PSM 8 on daily bases, I know it's flaws and I get around them.
    SFL is in general worse than TSP: PSM 8 does not support it and optics tend to have it's issues. Switching to TSP is a good idea although it costs but then you will have only one PSM, PSM 8 and that is it, no juggling + some more options to work with.
    Is it a big difference between PSM 8 and PSM 7 in relation to files with transparency, etc.

Junior Member Master99 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I work on PSM 8 But there are a lot of mistakes and it is unstable, and I'm looking for a replacement who can tell who is a software RIP works with the payment of DOLEV 800 V2, or on which devices you use it.

Sorry for badly English.

PRC Member tomcatinc is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ikar098 View Post
    Is it a big difference between PSM 8 and PSM 7 in relation to files with transparency, etc.
    Actually, no. PSM brought support for new hardware. Transparency handlig is very bad. If you RIP PDF, sometimes it converts color bitmaps to BW and fonts are not interpreted as required. Use postscript, flatten trasparancies and convert fonts to outlines are 70% solution of problem.
    Sometimes I use Harlequin based RIP to produce 1bit tif file to image it through PSM. I'm using PSM for 5.5 years on daliy bases so I learned to get around it's bugs and problems.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Master99 View Post
    I work on PSM 8 But there are a lot of mistakes and it is unstable, and I'm looking for a replacement who can tell who is a software RIP works with the payment of DOLEV 800 V2, or on which devices you use it.

Sorry for badly English.
    Get Brisque or Prinergy or Harlequin. Which system is the right for you is a matter of your taste. PSM 8 works very good for me. As I told before, I know how to get around its age so I do it and I have very few problems all together.

Thanks
    Get Brisque or Prinergy or Harlequin. Which system is the right for you is a matter of your taste. PSM 8 works very good for me. As I told before, I know how to get around its age so I do it and I have very few problems all together.
    But Prinergy or Harlequin will be working with DPS 75 plate because I had to ask how many of us RIP it raster and light film, but if you ask how many of us had a separate computer processors, these RIP then I have a prolem. I have a disabled feature in PSM8 single bit TIFF, and I can not throw them in the PSM, if you have a key to unlock it please Throw.

What narahunok work PSM8 it is not bad but sometimes I get to those files that he rastruye them a few hours and not always right, and he does not understand some fonts and they just fall out of the descent, falls to translate them into curves in Acrobat.

Sorry for badly English

Thanks
    But Prinergy or Harlequin will be working with DPS 75 plate because I had to ask how many of us RIP it raster and light film, but if you ask how many of us had a separate computer processors, these RIP then I have a prolem. I have a disabled feature in PSM8 single bit TIFF, and I can not throw them in the PSM, if you have a key to unlock it please Throw.

What narahunok work PSM8 it is not bad but sometimes I get to those files that he rastruye them a few hours and not always right, and he does not understand some fonts and they just fall out of the descent, falls to translate them into curves in Acrobat.

Sorry for badly English
    If you can not put 1bit tiff directly to PSM, then make postscript files out of them in any way possible. One way is to import to indesign or quark and make ps from there. This is time consuming but works. Only keep in mind that PSM expose curve will not affect 1bit tiff so you have to put PSM calibration into the RIP that would produce 1bit tif.
    Regarding fonts, Illustrator, Corel, Indesign and Quark are able to convert fonts to curves.
    PSM should finish conversion to job within minutes. 8 composite 8-ups are converted to job in about 7 minutes on my machine. If it does something for hours, either it is something out of it's reach, disk space is too low or you don't have enough memory.

Thanks
    If you can not put 1bit tiff directly to PSM, then make postscript files out of them in any way possible. One way is to import to indesign or quark and make ps from there. This is time consuming but works. Only keep in mind that PSM expose curve will not affect 1bit tiff so you have to put PSM calibration into the RIP that would produce 1bit tif.
    Regarding fonts, Illustrator, Corel, Indesign and Quark are able to convert fonts to curves.
    PSM should finish conversion to job within minutes. 8 composite 8-ups are converted to job in about 7 minutes on my machine. If it does something for hours, either it is something out of it's reach, disk space is too low or you don't have enough memory.

tomcatinc you have Prinergy I would try to place had been prepared it would be better served on a really small memory I want to buy a new MAC and rearrange it on the entire system, yet there is the matter with you COREL PSM keeps on PS? Because when I shoot it like rastering well, but give the output as it goes blank film falls so do MERGE then everything is normal.

Sorry for badly English
    Last edited by Master99; 03-10-2011 at 12:20 AM.

Thanks
    tomcatinc you have Prinergy I would try to place had been prepared it would be better served on a really small memory I want to buy a new MAC and rearrange it on the entire system, yet there is the matter with you COREL PSM keeps on PS? Because when I shoot it like rastering well, but give the output as it goes blank film falls so do MERGE then everything is normal.

Sorry for badly English
    I don't use Prinergy. I use PSM and Harlequin (I used Brisque until it went dead). Use Indesign only for converting 1bit tiff to ps.

Junior Member MrColor is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I don't use Prinergy. I use PSM and Harlequin (I used Brisque until it went dead). Use Indesign only for converting 1bit tiff to ps.
    Why not plotting tiff directly?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrColor View Post
    Why not plotting tiff directly?
    Because it is K'ed in such way that I can not place 1bit tiff into queue. So, workaround is 1bit ps from 1bit tiff.

11. Your ad here

Member JohnQ is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Because it is K'ed in such way that I can not place 1bit tiff into queue. So, workaround is 1bit ps from 1bit tiff.
    Anybody can share PSM 7 with K? We like it.
    Many thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnQ View Post
    Anybody can share PSM 7 with K? We like it.
    Many thanks
    As I explained before, PSM 7 is needed only if you have SFL (optic fiber connection). If you have TSP, use PSM 8, which can be found in this forum with K.
    A way around no-K-PSM7 is: use K'ed PSM 8 to convert .ps into .job and image .job from PSM 7.

Member JohnQ is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    As I explained before, PSM 7 is needed only if you have SFL (optic fiber connection). If you have TSP, use PSM 8, which can be found in this forum with K.
    A way around no-K-PSM7 is: use K'ed PSM 8 to convert .ps into .job and image .job from PSM 7.
    Thanks, I have SFL only. This is matter.

Donor ikar098 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

tsp

What cind of cable is TSP where I can get schematics for this cable

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ikar098 View Post
    What cind of cable is TSP where I can get schematics for this cable
    TSP cable connects TSP card in your computer with TSP connector in your imagesetter. If you do not have these components, you don't need a TSP cable. So, check this first.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast