+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Fiery XF6 - All options perm and working!

PRC Member Willburwilde is a name known to all Willburwilde is a name known to all Willburwilde is a name known to all Willburwilde is a name known to all Willburwilde is a name known to all Willburwilde is a name known to all
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kospe View Post
    Yes, I followed exactly the instructions.

I'm using a virtual machine with VMWare. I have tried with a Win7 system and it works. The problem is with Windows Server 2008. Maybe some security setting about digital signed drivers?
    Strange, working here 2008r2:

And you definitely turned of UAC too?

FYI:
    Fiery XF 6.22 Normal System Requirements
    http://www.efi.com/library/efi/documents/677/fiery_xf_622_system_requirements_en_us.pdf

EFI supply Fiery XF ProServers on Windows® 7 Professional for Embedded Systems x64
    http://www.efi.com/library/efi/documents/348/efi_proserver_br_en_us.pdf

Hardware Specifcations
    2x Intel XEON E5-2643, 4x 3.3 GHz, 32GB RAM, 4 x 2TB HDD, SATA, 7200 RPM (2 drives configured as Raid 0) DVD-RW, NVIDIA Geforce 8400 GS 512 MB, 22-inch widescreen PCE-E LCD, Keyboard, PS/2-USB, Mouse

I am using Windows 7 x64 Pro for ProServer and its fine.

Probably better to go with Win 7 if using ProServer ;)

Donor jbhardling is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

VMWare

Anyone go this working on a VMWare / Parallels - Windows virtual machine and if so could you post a link to it?

TIA
    JB

PRC Member spider is a glorious beacon of light spider is a glorious beacon of light spider is a glorious beacon of light spider is a glorious beacon of light spider is a glorious beacon of light spider is a glorious beacon of light
    Thanks

Thumbs down Read the rules!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jbhardling View Post
    Anyone go this working on a VMWare / Parallels - Windows virtual machine and if so could you post a link to it?

TIA
    JB
    this is NOT the place for REQUESTS!!!

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks

TIA
    JB
    I was managed to do it many times on VMWare under Windows.
    Just follow the instructions... it should work.
    Cheers,
    CW

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ColorWizard For This Useful Post:

PRC Member spider is a glorious beacon of light spider is a glorious beacon of light spider is a glorious beacon of light spider is a glorious beacon of light spider is a glorious beacon of light spider is a glorious beacon of light
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorWizard View Post
    I was managed to do it many times on VMWare under Windows.
    Just follow the instructions... it should work.
    forget about this spammer!

he was just repeating his 1.5 year old request from post #26.
    in the meantime it was confirmed that it is working in vmware!

so you can see this guy is too lazy to read this thread and to follow installation instructions.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to spider For This Useful Post:

Donor paulito is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Install Problem - No Dongle Found

Hi there, I'm running Win7 Sp1 and I can't seem to get this to work.

Fiery XF Server can't seem to start. I see the red icon, right click to start server but no go. It stops at "No License Found" and icon turns red again.

When I click License Info: I can see 101796672 lic info
    When I click Show Dongle ID / Activate Fiery : It says No Dongle Available

I followed the attached instructions but I'm not sure where I went wrong.

1. I was able to install haspdinst.exe -i in cmd (it said successful)
    2. I was able to run install.bat --> Put system to test mode --> sign Multikey.sys
    3. Fiery XF seems to install with no error.
    4. I then replaced EFI file in FlexLM folder. I also put lic file in this folder.
    5. Delete SafeNet in Device Manager
    6. Delete Aladdin registry keys

In Step B-7, what does "Re-install drivers in Part A" mean? Is it the "haspdinst.exe" step or the "install.bat" step? Or both?

I re-did all steps a couple of times but had no luck. Also, from back-reading all the post, do I still need to download and install Sentinel System driver from safenet website in addition to files attached in Post#1?

Appreciate any help! I don't remember EFI XF 4.5.1 being this hard to install lol

Thanks guys!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to paulito For This Useful Post:

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by paulito View Post
    2. I was able to run install.bat --> Put system to test mode --> sign Multikey.sys
    Check if Multikey.sys is actually has been signed. For some reasons it may not be signed.
    Properties windows should have 'Digital Signatures' tab:

Last edited by ColorWizard; 03-09-2016 at 11:58 PM.
    Cheers,
    CW

Thanks
    Check if Multikey.sys is actually has been signed. For some reasons it may not be signed.
    Properties windows should have 'Digital Signatures' tab:
    I uninstalled everything and re-did the whole thing. I am now in the signing of the system file. Multikey.sys does have the Digital Signatures tab under its properties.

The unusual thing so far is that after signing and rebooting, Win7 gives me an error saying "MultiUSB Key device driver software not successfully installed". I also noticed MultiUSB Key under Device Manager has an exclamation mark. Is this normal?

Thanks
    I suppose you have used the latest version of Dongle Emu (post #1, the part titled as 'All options').
    The archive contains detailed instructions. Following this instructions, I was able to install both Fiery XF and Fiery proServer without a problem. The only step that I have changed a little is B.7. I have used haspdinst.exe from the installer of Fiery XF v6.1, not v6.2.
    Here is the result:
    Cheers,
    CW

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ColorWizard For This Useful Post:

Donor jbhardling is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    forget about this spammer!

he was just repeating his 1.5 year old request from post #26.
    in the meantime it was confirmed that it is working in vmware!

so you can see this guy is too lazy to read this thread and to follow installation instructions.
    First off I'm not a spammer. Figured if someone got it to work in VMWare - why should someone else go through all the BS to mimic it when they could just post the VM file.

Sorry for requesting something - I'm sure it ruined your experience here. My apologies.

JB

15. Your ad here

Thanks
    ...why should someone else go through all the BS to mimic it when they could just post the VM file.
    Personally, I won't do it just because it also contains other information that I am not willing to share.
    I believe it should be quite easy to install Fiery XF/proServer with the given instructions. If for some reasons you can't do it, most likely the cause of the problem is not the patch or the instructions given in this thread.
    You can request a remote assistant for solving the problem related to your configuration.
    Cheers,
    CW

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ColorWizard For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thumbs down EXACTLY this is what i call LAZY!!!

... Figured if someone got it to work in VMWare - why should someone else go through all the BS to mimic it when they could just post the VM file...

JB
    OMG, you are really asking why you should do your own installation???

to make your own experiences, to learn somethimg new and to be able to help some other members with same issues just like colorwizard is doing here!

if you want something working right out of the box go and ask your software dealer for assistance!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to spider For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I suppose you have used the latest version of Dongle Emu (post #1, the part titled as 'All options').
    The archive contains detailed instructions. Following this instructions, I was able to install both Fiery XF and Fiery proServer without a problem. The only step that I have changed a little is B.7. I have used haspdinst.exe from the installer of Fiery XF v6.1, not v6.2.
    Here is the result:
    Hi, 2 questions just to confirm if I did Step A (install dongle emu) correctly:

1. In the above post of Willburwilde (Post #121) with the screenshots, should I be getting the RED Windows Security popup warning? The one that says that Windows can't verify publisher of driver software and asks if to install driver anyways? I have tried re-doing everything a number of times now and SOMETIMES I get the popup window but often, I do not.

2. In step B.7 in the instructions (Reinstall drivers from part A), does it mean I re-do this step:

Start > run > cmd > haspdinst.exe -i

Do I still need to run install.bat again after haspdinst.exe -i?

Thanks so much for all the help guys. Really frustrated that I cannot get this to work. I know med is fine since most of you guys have successfully installed it!

EDIT:
    So I booted on my cpu to check if what I had is the same as what ColorWizard has on his Device Manager. Win7 took about 10mins to boot installing what I believe are Windows Updates. After desktop had loaded, lo and behold, FIERY SERVER ICON WAS GREEN!!!

I actually have no idea what the last thing I did yesterday was. Like I said, I just kept repeating all the steps, uninstalling and installing again when it didn't work.

Wow! Thanks for all the help specially to ColorWizard for taking the time.
    Last edited by paulito; 03-10-2016 at 07:30 PM.

Donor Davidz is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Win10/64bit - install help desparately needed

Hi all experts!
    After some time I got back to trying to install Fiery XF on Win10/64bit and I can't even properly install the dongle driver - no matter what version of haspdinst I use. The one supplied in the tools-folder in XF6.2 cannot be installed due to compatibility issues. The one in XF6.1 can be installed but even with a properly signed Multikey.sys it doesn't work. (I followed Willburwilde's Post#1 to the letter). When trying to install Fiery XF I cannot get beyond step B.1 (checking presence of dongle).

BTW: "Test mode" does not work in Win10 either. Installing and running unsigned drivers (like Multikey.sys) can only be enforced when one triggers the "advanced start-up settings" via troubleshoot-option. Has anyone suceeded in actually setting up a working XF 6.2.2. properly on Win10/64bit? Please help.

Many thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidz View Post
    Hi all experts!
    After some time I got back to trying to install Fiery XF on Win10/64bit and I can't even properly install the dongle driver - no matter what version of haspdinst I use. The one supplied in the tools-folder in XF6.2 cannot be installed due to compatibility issues. The one in XF6.1 can be installed but even with a properly signed Multikey.sys it doesn't work. (I followed Willburwilde's Post#1 to the letter). When trying to install Fiery XF I cannot get beyond step B.1 (checking presence of dongle).

BTW: "Test mode" does not work in Win10 either. Installing and running unsigned drivers (like Multikey.sys) can only be enforced when one triggers the "advanced start-up settings" via troubleshoot-option. Has anyone suceeded in actually setting up a working XF 6.2.2. properly on Win10/64bit? Please help.

Many thanks in advance!
    are you schizophrenic???

you have confirmed yourself in post #75 that its working!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast