+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Fiery XF6 - All options perm and working!

Donor ansenet is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hello guys have done all Win 10 64 test, Win10 32, server 2008 64 and not only works on server 2008 32-bit or win 7,8,8.1. All test 64 will not work for what I get dongle does not work for win server 2008 10 64.
    Activated in 32-bit. If there is someone who could win 10 64-bit wonder

Donor Davidz is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    are you schizophrenic???

you have confirmed yourself in post #75 that its working!
    Well I also commented in #75 that I haven't properly tested everything - too bad I was wrong in that post - other things have been more important than getting XF to work properly - sorry, I should have mentioned this, but no I'm not schizophrenic :-)

PRC Member spider is a glorious beacon of light spider is a glorious beacon of light spider is a glorious beacon of light spider is a glorious beacon of light spider is a glorious beacon of light spider is a glorious beacon of light
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidz View Post
    Well I also commented in #75 that I haven't properly tested everything - too bad I was wrong in that post - other things have been more important than getting XF to work properly - sorry, I should have mentioned this, but no I'm not schizophrenic :-)
    well, at least you should have dongle driver running at post#75.
    otherwise you have tested nothing!

Donor Davidz is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    well, at least you should have dongle driver running at post#75.
    otherwise you have tested nothing!
    When I did the install I referred to in Post #75 I used vUSB on a system that was upgraded from Win7. I was then able to install dongle emu and the software. Unfortunately shortly thereafter I was busy with other things and simply forgot to thoroughly test the installation let alone to inform the forum (XF control showed a green symbol which led me to believe that everything is ok). After some months I had to do a new install of Win10/64bit and that's when it became clear to me that Fiery indeed doesn't work at all.

So somewhat you are correct that I really didn't do any testing and therefore my apologies to all that were led to believe that Willburwilde's great work really does work on Win10/64bit.

Donor oxident will become famous soon enough
    Thanks

ProServer's RIP malfunction?

Great thread, thanks wilburwilde and every other contributor!

I've tried a few combinations but it looks to me that the ProServer installation is somehow more difficult than the standalone version.

After preparing a VM running a fresh Win7 x64 and a working Multidec/Hasp setup, the installation and activation process went fine and the activation is also valid.

But somehow, every PS/PDF file I throw into the job manager fails to preview or RIP.

If I do the same process using the standalone version of Fiery XF, it works perfectly.

So I guess, the ProServer needs some more "preparation", doesn't it?

PRC Member Willburwilde is a name known to all Willburwilde is a name known to all Willburwilde is a name known to all Willburwilde is a name known to all Willburwilde is a name known to all Willburwilde is a name known to all
    Thanks
    Did you use x2 hdd's for proServer?

Thanks
    Yes, I've attached two virtual HDDs and even made sure that the drive letter of the 2nd drive is assigned as "D".

At the point, the setup asked me where to put the "Output" and "Archive" (? not sure) folders, I've answered "D". The according folders have also been created automatically upon first launch of the XF service.

PRC Member Willburwilde is a name known to all Willburwilde is a name known to all Willburwilde is a name known to all Willburwilde is a name known to all Willburwilde is a name known to all Willburwilde is a name known to all
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oxident View Post
    Yes, I've attached two virtual HDDs and even made sure that the drive letter of the 2nd drive is assigned as "D".

At the point, the setup asked me where to put the "Output" and "Archive" (? not sure) folders, I've answered "D". The according folders have also been created automatically upon first launch of the XF service.
    The logs in c:\programdata\efi\server\logs give you any hint?

jox
    Donor jox is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

type of printers

Photo printer and proofer:
    SureColor SC-P7000 Violet Spectro (24-inch printer)
    SureColor SC-P9000 Violet Spectro (44-inch printer)
    Stylus Pro 4900 Spectro M1 (17-inch printer)

What should i do if I want to use the posted sw package with these printers?
    Because I will be able to test it with one of these machines. Thanks for your help.

Thanks
    Well, those printers all appear to be supported. Just install Fiery XF and try it. Use the instructions here in this thread (first post) for installation/activation. Regarding the actual USE of this software, you'll have to find your own way using the integrated help and/or your knowledge.

Please remember that it remains an application for (semi-)professionals

11. Your ad here

12. The Following User Says Thank You to oxident For This Useful Post:
    jox

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Willburwilde View Post
    The logs in c:\programdata\efi\server\logs give you any hint?
    As far as I remember, the logs only contained some basic information about starting/stopping the server service and some information about the output devices.

Unfortunately, I've rolled back the setup in order to install the standalone package. But I'll try again as soon as I got some basic success in general usage. My HP DesignJets don't seem to have a sufficient gammut for proofing and for sole production uses, Colorgate offers a way better (subjective) quality for my needs (and devices).

But good to know that Proserver *should* have been working

PRC Member lessbones is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oxident View Post
    As far as I remember, the logs only contained some basic information about starting/stopping the server service and some information about the output devices.

Unfortunately, I've rolled back the setup in order to install the standalone package. But I'll try again as soon as I got some basic success in general usage. My HP DesignJets don't seem to have a sufficient gammut for proofing and for sole production uses, Colorgate offers a way better (subjective) quality for my needs (and devices).

But good to know that Proserver *should* have been working
    I'm curious to know in what ways you find the EFI quality to be deficient-- Since day one of using version 4.5 I abandoned the EFI profiling software as it gave poor results, but I've continued to use it daily for it's workflow and client/server setup, just by making profiles with 3rd party tools. Either way, just wanted to know if that was the same experience you've had, and how Colorgate has been an improvement--

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lessbones View Post
    I'm curious to know in what ways you find the EFI quality to be deficient ... and how Colorgate has been an improvement--
    Maybe I'm just too stupid for the linearization and profiling process EFI uses in their products (this includes Color Profiler Suite when used as a companion for Fiery driven color laser printers) but here is a comparison of the experiences I made with XF 6.x in contrast to Colorgate:

I really like Fiery XF's client/server architecture. That would enable me to offload the processing power to a decent server while keeping the clients thin and simple. Colorgate only supports a similar setup using Hotfolders but you'll end up in using an RDP session with the machine where CG's running.

XF seems to offer some kind of flexibility in re-using different workflows for different output devices. That's a good idea for establishing consistent workflows for all of your output devices. On the other hand, CG's MIM concept, especially when talking about their "Metamode", lets you define more details, like different color spaces, profiles, rendering intents and printer settings in one simple template.

For example: Let's say you do photo prints on glossy and architectural presentations on matte paper, both on the same printer. In Colorgate, you simply define two different workflows.

The first uses Adobe RGB with a photographic RI as an input profile, uses the correct output profile for your glossy paper and sets the printer to 600dpi in bi-directional printing mode. It also "knows" that your glossy paper is 42inch wide and that you don't want to have it cutted automatically after printing.

The second workflow uses sRGB, relative colorimetric, output profile for matte paper, printing in 1200dpi, uni-directional, 36inch wide, with crop marks and automatic cutting.

I know, some of these settings can be also be done using different workflows in XF but some important things (like media type and resolution, for example) are only definable for the individual printer, workflow-wide.

Regarding the quality: If I use the built in options to profile my printer and setup workflows with should match each other perfectly (same colorspace, input profiles, RI, disabled "color enhancements" and even the same rendering engine), Fiery XF's colors look quite weird and contrast-less, although the (softproof?) preview displays them correctly. In both cases, I created a media profile from scratch without adapting a supplied one.

Yes, I know I should consider using an i1Pro for profiling instead of the built-in spectrometer, but if Colorgate is able to use it quite well, why does XF perform so bad?

Using an external ICC profile could be an option but then I'll loose the options to do profile optimizations and re-linearizations "in place".

Again, just for clarification, maybe the DesignJet Z-series is just not "made" for Fiery XF. I would love to hear I'm wrong

PRC Member spider is a glorious beacon of light spider is a glorious beacon of light spider is a glorious beacon of light spider is a glorious beacon of light spider is a glorious beacon of light spider is a glorious beacon of light
    Thanks

Thumbs down go somewhere else!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lessbones View Post
    I'm curious to know in what ways you find the EFI quality to be deficient-- Since day one of using version 4.5 I abandoned the EFI profiling software as it gave poor results, but I've continued to use it daily for it's workflow and client/server setup, just by making profiles with 3rd party tools. Either way, just wanted to know if that was the same experience you've had, and how Colorgate has been an improvement--
    guys, you are getting quite offtopic here!

if you want to discuss differences and advantages of individual rips you should open your own discussion thread instead of messing this great installation thread!

Thanks

Cool

if you want to discuss differences and advantages of individual rips you should open your own discussion thread instead of messing this great installation thread!
    Ahh, good to see you're still here

You're right. Didn't notice it was getting this long.

So, quickly back to topic: Have you guys noticed that the ProServer installation actually requires three HDDs? The installer wants to put the archived jobs to drive D and tries to use drive E as a rip scratch drive. Maybe it was my fault to put them both on drive D.

The other idea is that EFI might have included some features in its own Win7 embedded OS which is missing on a stock vanilla OS. Maybe Willburwilde didn't face this problem because he's using Win2013. Definitely something to try out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast