PERfection is a bitmap retouching program which runs on a Windows (NT 4, 2000, XP Professional) based high performance computer.
PERfection allows the user to open, edit and save compressed bitmap files generated by CopyDot scanning on both EskoScan scanners and scanners with CopyDot capabilities from most other vendors (see the readme.txt file on the installation CD for a full list of supported 3rd party scanners). The key features offered by PERfection which make it vir-tually indispensable to integrating screened mate¬rial into digital production flows are :
PERfection reads and writes all CopyDot relevant file formats :
- monochrome EPS files
- multi-colour composite EPS files (spot colours), and composite CMYK
- single or multiple TIFF files, one per colour, or composite through TIFF low resolution file
- DCS1 files (CMYK only)
- DCS2 files – multiple or single file (C,M,Y,K and/or up to 16 spot colours)
- DCS files with TIFF separations (PCC format)
- PSImage files conforming to the PostScript, DSC, EPS and PSImage specifications for use in a Creo/Scitex workflow
- NLW format files supporting spot colours containing up to 65.536 colours for use in a Creo/Scitex workflow [/INDENT][/INDENT]
- HandShake format files for use in a Creo/Scitex workflow.
Also, PERfection supports the EskoScan EskoDDS (descreening) input format by both reading and generating control information for the EskoDDS application.
In addition, PERfection can output CopyDot data to composite PDF files supporting any image size (through tiling) and any number of separations. PERfection reads any PDF file written by the EskoScan scanner application as well as by PERfection itself. Also, PDF files generated by 3rd party applications like Adobe Acrobat Distiller containing embedded bitmap images can be read in most cases. PERfection supports reading and writing of multi-page PDF documents e.g. as used by the EskoScan Reverse Imposition and EskoBook applications.
PERfection displays CopyDot scans as composite colour images and permits simultaneous editing of all separations – including scans containing spot colours.
PERfection supports up to 16 separations in each image -process, spot colour, or both.
PERfection has no limitation to the maximum uncompressed size of the opened files. Image sizes larger than 4 GB has been sucessfully tested.
PERfection works directly on full resolution image data giving the operator full control and confidence.
PERfection decompresses and recompresses image files using CCITT Gr. 4 or other algorithms.
PERfection allows editing of separation definitions including adding, deleting, merging, and renaming separations as well as redefining process colour equivalents.
PERfection includes a long range of tools optimized for use in bitmap images including text, line, pen, erase, clone, and fill. All of these tools work with solid colors or user specified tints.
PERfection can rotate, flip, crop, enlarge, and re-size CopyDot images to fit any output condition.
PERfection includes highly optimised filters for CopyDot data which may be used on the full image or on a user selection:
• AutoClean filter which automatically removes dust and dirt from non-screened areas, e.g. text.
• DustFilter filter optimized for removing small dust particles from a scan without harming fine details in text and line graphics areas.
• DotClean filter which effectively eliminates defects, i.e. dust and scratches from screened areas with minimal deteriorating effects.
• Resample filter which allows resolution and size of an image to be changed independently through advanced bitmap resampling techniques.
• Registration filter for registering separation files.
• Rotation filter for rotation of the image or a selected area/selected active channel(s).
• Dot Correction filter for selectively modifying the dot pattern, e.g. to suit changed printing conditions.
As this was repeatedly requested, I re-up with all due respect to the original uploader:
Only the registered members can see the download links/content. please Register to gain full access.