+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Epson Stylus Pro WT7900 not printing...

Donor megaZEE is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Angry Epson Stylus Pro WT7900 not printing...

Hi Guys,
    I have Epson WT7900 printer just arrived yesterday. But I'm unable to print from it. From the one CD it comes with I installs Epson WT7900 Comm Driver. But we are unable to print from it. It always says Can not print from this driver.

I have Windows 7 64bit.

We are doing packaging designs and we pick this printer because it can print white plus simulates Pantone colors.

Please help as I don't know what I've done wrong... The Epson dealer technicians don't know either they told me they will check for solution and come back to me... but until now nothing...

Please Help!!!
    Last edited by megaZEE; 03-07-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Thanks

Pantone Cool Gray problem

Well we need RIP software to run the printer. So i downloaded 2 demo softwares:
    1- Mirage Design Edition: Printer starts to work but when i printed some of the pantone color from this software the color didn't match with Pantone book.
    2- ColorBurst 9.4.6: printed the same Pantone colors i selected to test the above Mirage RIP. The result was satisfying the printed pantone color match with pantone book.

But then I printed Pantone Cool Gray 2C to 11C only two last shades (10C and 11C) were matching rest of them didn't match and all appeared reddish.

Help Please... or what other rip software do you guys recommend for epson wt7900...

Regards,
    megaZEE

Moderator babajingjumong is a jewel in the rough babajingjumong is a jewel in the rough babajingjumong is a jewel in the rough babajingjumong is a jewel in the rough babajingjumong's Avatar
    Thanks

hi brother

Quote Originally Posted by megaZEE View Post
    Well we need RIP software to run the printer. So i downloaded 2 demo softwares:
    1- Mirage Design Edition: Printer starts to work but when i printed some of the pantone color from this software the color didn't match with Pantone book.
    2- ColorBurst 9.4.6: printed the same Pantone colors i selected to test the above Mirage RIP. The result was satisfying the printed pantone color match with pantone book.

But then I printed Pantone Cool Gray 2C to 11C only two last shades (10C and 11C) were matching rest of them didn't match and all appeared reddish.

Help Please... or what other rip software do you guys recommend for epson wt7900...

Regards,
    megaZEE
    hi brother..read this thread

http://www.printroot.com/forum/f35/oris-pressmatcher-colortuner-cgs-setup-files-emulator-complete-package-7222/

i think your problem will come out with this software.

God Bless
    "People with a good Heart...is a good Person...God Bless"

Thanks
    Hi Brother,
    Do we need to have spectroproofer because i don't have it with my printer.
    My understanding is that when I give it a Pantone color it will print them as they should be.

The reason I'm asking the Oris website states "Full support of inkjet printers with built-in spectrophotometer".

Regards,
    megaZEE

Quote Originally Posted by babajingjumong View Post
    hi brother..read this thread

http://www.printroot.com/forum/f35/oris-pressmatcher-colortuner-cgs-setup-files-emulator-complete-package-7222/

i think your problem will come out with this software.

God Bless

Thanks
    Guys,
    Today I installed the EFI ColorProof 4.5.1 on a windows XP system. Created a WorkFlow on the EFI XF using GRACoL 1v2 spec. as I found a video on the YouTube. I printed the same color samples of Pantone Spot colors I printed through ColoBrust. The Pantone Colors are not 100% but okay but still Pantone Cool Grey don't match they are less reddish but still don't match with pantone book. So I'm still looking for solutions. If I found something I'll post it here...

Things I hate about the Epson Stylus Pro WT7900:
    - Cleaner ink consumes very fast. Only testing Pantone Colors i printed about 30 pantone colored 10x10mm box.
    - Very week I have to shake the white ink cartridge and insert it again. Which is surprisingly consumed very fast also and it's a expensive ink than rest of them...

Video link: EFI setup to GRACoL 1v2 spec.
    [URL="http://youtu.be/34nW-D-DcyY"]http://youtu.be/34nW-D-DcyY[/URL]

aaron125
    So do you actually have any kind of spectrometer hardware and if so, what are you using? I'm guessing the answer will be no.

If that's the case, you really do need to buy yourself something like an i1 or Isis or similar because without a spetcro, you will never have any decent colour matches. Reason this happens is because when the RIP company creates the profiles for your printer, they don't actually use your personal WT7900, so there are differences between whatever they used and your actual, physical printer and the paper you're printing on.

For this reason, it is necessary for you to have some kind of spectro hardware for creating printer profiles. I would also extremely highly recommend you also get an i1Display Pro colorimeter for screen calibration and profiling. What brand/model screens are you using?

To get the best screen/soft-proof to print match, one really needs to have a hardware calibration screen. Although these are not inexpensive, without one, there will forever be an uphill battle in trying to get your screen image to match the printed output. With a hardware calibration screen, this is often taken care of by itself and is not an issue at all.

In case you're thinking of it, I would't recommend to buy the Epson SpectroProofer module for the only reason that you cannot use it with other printers, except those in the Epson x900 range. This means that when the time comes for you to upgrade to the next printer, you would have to spend all those thousands $$$ again on another spectro. It s for this reason I recommended the i1Pro or Isis or similar as you can keep these for many years and create profiles for any printer from any company.

Hope this helps mate.

PRC Member Chiefster is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I am amazed that you went out and bought Epson WT7900 without knowing you needed some sort of RIP software!

PRC Member bamboo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Epson WT7900 is not for Pantone reproducing.

It is mainly for showing up to your customers where are the white layer will be, and how it plays with the metallic foil and/or other matherials.
    Just spray some water and apply your Epson print with white ink to the other layer of film.

Even if you go and buy Eye One Pro bundle or similar spectro, and have a decent Inkjet RIP like EFI, you'll ended up with two different profiles here: for colours with- and without the white layer. (Believe me, here will be the difference and one day you'll notice it.. too late.) Which one you will choose to work with in your primary workflow? How to join that two type of spectrometry into one workflow? That IS the questions.

aaron125
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I am amazed that you went out and bought Epson WT7900 without knowing you needed some sort of RIP software!
    As am I.
    Quote Originally Posted by bamboo View Post
    Epson WT7900 is not for Pantone reproducing.

It is mainly for showing up to your customers where are the white layer will be, and how it plays with the metallic foil and/or other matherials.
    Just spray some water and apply your Epson print with white ink to the other layer of film.

Even if you go and buy Eye One Pro bundle or similar spectro, and have a decent Inkjet RIP like EFI, you'll ended up with two different profiles here: for colours with- and without the white layer. (Believe me, here will be the difference and one day you'll notice it.. too late.) Which one you will choose to work with in your primary workflow? How to join that two type of spectrometry into one workflow? That IS the questions.
    It seems quite amazing to me that one would go out and spend many thousands of $$$ on anything, not just a printer, that they had no idea of how to use or what would be required to make their purchase useable.

No, the real question is why anyone would spend SO much money on any LF printer when they don't have much knowledge or perhaps even no knowledge of how to use the device they've just purchased?

PRC Member bamboo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    That is not the question. That is a tendence of the new times... Times of the un-professionals.
    ..I bought a scalpel - now I'm a surgeon! I bought a [pro]camera - now I'm a [pro]photographer! Etc.

11. Your ad here

+ Reply to Thread