+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chromix ColorThink Pro 3.0.3 + ColorCast

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks

Chromix ColorThink Pro 3.0.3 + ColorCast

ColorThink + ColorCast Module

Overview

CHROMiX ColorThinkâ„¢ is the color management toolset that helps you understand your color better than ever before. The ColorThink toolset is an application composed of nine modules for visualizing, evaluating & solving color problems.

ColorThink Pro adds major features to the award-winning ColorThink software toolset. While most tools have been updated and enhanced, the biggest changes are the Color Worksheet, the ColorSmarts Guide and in the Graphing and Profile Inspector tools.

Even with the addition of over 100 new features there are FEWER tools due to the revolutionary design of the Color Worksheet. The Worksheet simplifies image, color and profile evaluation while doing away with the profile linker and image inspector.For what's new, see the Feature Comparison sheet.

Key Features
    • New underlying architecture allows integration across tools, supports up to 10- channel profiles everywhere!
    • Graphs have more detail, automation & features. Can be saved as images or movies
    • ProfileInspector adds gamut volume, inking statistics, dot gain and the best curve analysis
    • New Color Worksheet opens a whole new world of learning and analysis. Models entire workflow to isolate color issues.
    • ColorSmarts Guide acts as your color consultant; performing tests and automating tasks
    • Powerful profile linking. Create device-link and abstract profiles from ANY multi-profile combination. Includes clean-black links
    • Revolutionary ColorCast technology modifies existing profiles to have powerful build-in proofing capabilities. Overcome Photoshop limitations for proofing up to 10 channels!

Patch info
    • The application activated as 'Pro' version.
    • Optional ColorCast module is active.
    • A little-known mode 'Server mode' is active (new pallet 'Maxwell xPU Control')

The application was successfully launched under virtualized MacOS v10.6.4:

Files
    For installation files visit Chromix site.
    The patch has been updated!
    Patched app:
    Hidden Block (you must be registered and have 20 posts):
    You do not have sufficient rights to see the hidden data contained here.

After the first run the application will pop up the message window 'An unexpected error occured: Error n01'. Click 'Ok', then re-launch application.

Do not spread the patch!
    Use it for your own (educational) purposes only!
    Last edited by ColorWizard; 03-12-2015 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Patch has been updated
    Cheers,
    CW

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ColorWizard For This Useful Post:

Donor leo68 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Not working for me on native 10.6.8.
    Without changing owner/permission the patched app doesn't start. After changing the permissions the application start but ask for registration.

Any idea?

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leo68 View Post
    Not working for me on native 10.6.8.
    Without changing owner/permission the patched app doesn't start. After changing the permissions the application start but ask for registration.

Any idea?
    hi leo68,

I did some research and found that the problem occurs because of the application can't find the file of preferences (CHROMiX ColorThink Prefs) located at <user>:Library:Application Support.
    So, I made changes to the patch and now it should work. After the first run the application will show up the window with the message about unxpected error: En01. You should click 'Ok' and then re-launch application.

New patched app will be ready for download in a few minutes...
    Cheers,
    CW

Thanks
    The patch has been updated!

In some cases the application may not work correctly with old patch!
    Cheers,
    CW

Donor leo68 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorWizard View Post
    hi leo68,

I did some research and found that the problem occurs because of the application can't find the file of preferences (CHROMiX ColorThink Prefs) located at <user>:Library:Application Support.
    So, I made changes to the patch and now it should work. After the first run the application will show up the window with the message about unxpected error: En01. You should click 'Ok' and then re-launch application.

New patched app will be ready for download in a few minutes...
    Now it works like a treat!
    Thank you very much for your great job.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leo68 View Post
    Now it works like a treat!
    Thank you very much for your great job.
    The best way to thank is to click on "Thanks"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ColorWizard For This Useful Post:

Digitix
    Does not work on MacOS 10.7.2
    I deleted the preferences of the previous version and does not work.
    When starting, it is jumping on the dock and finally closed.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarpla View Post
    I will check it.
    Cheers,
    CW

Thanks
    hi oscarpla,

just checked! As I described, after the first run the application poped up the message window 'An unexpected error occured: Error n01'. I re-launch app without a problem:
    Cheers,
    CW

Digitix
    I do not see any error. Directly get stuck and fails to show anything.

:(

The difference I've found, is in the folder you see in the image attached.
    left window is the application patch. And the original right.

Name:  Captura de pantalla 2012-01-31 a la(s) 12.29.21.png
Views: 2655
Size:  26.8 KB
    Last edited by Digitix; 01-31-2012 at 03:38 AM.

13. Your ad here

Thanks
    I do not see any error. Directly get stuck and fails to show anything.

:(

The difference I've found, is in the folder you see in the image attached.
    left window is the application patch. And the original right.

Attachment 1397
    This is much like that bin file has lost its resource forks after it has been extracted from archive. I would recommend to extract archive under MacOS system on local drive. Or you can use terminal to change the mode of the file: chmod 755 ColorThink\ Pro\ 3.0.3 and than place it over original one.
    Cheers,
    CW

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ColorWizard For This Useful Post:

Digitix
    Ok, doing chmod 775, is resolved. To say that this decompressed with mac, but for some reason does not restore permissions.

Donor dainipon_user is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Use Stufflt expander than unachiver

Quote Originally Posted by ColorWizard View Post
    This is much like that bin file has lost its resource forks after it has been extracted from archive. I would recommend to extract archive under MacOS system on local drive. Or you can use terminal to change the mode of the file: chmod 755 ColorThink\ Pro\ 3.0.3 and than place it over original one.
    Hi, I have try to extract archive with unachiever and i have same problem than Digitix. Try Stufflt Expander. It works now perfectly.
    Best

Donor agustinbsas is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kinklee View Post
    How does the 20 post limit work. What kind of posts do they have to be?
    Usefull or questions; no flood, no "thanks" or similar...

best

Donor T. Schruda is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    mornin yall,

is there a chance to get that colorcast for the PC version ?

do i understand, that you can actually optimize an ICC to another ICC? like with a RIP you optimizie to ISO coated f.e. ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast