+ Reply to Thread

Thread: basICColor IMprove

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks

Lightbulb basICColor IMprove

basICColor IMprove v1.0.0

Software for intelligent correction, optimization and processing of measurement data

basICColor IMProve is a software solution for intelligent optimization and proceccing of color measurement data. In many situations measurement data are not perfect for ICC profiling and thus result in ionferior profiles. Erroneous measurements can result from problems in printing, inhomegeneities or just errors in reading the patches. In other cases you might want to average measurement date before you create profiles (e.g. with basICColor print). That´s where basICColor IMProve comes to the rescue.

basICColor IMProve is a collection of various tools under one hood: Correction for the effect of optical brighteners, TVI corrections, gradation changes in order to meet standards like PSO or G7 – measurement data correction that leaves nothing to be desired! The quality of ICC profiles is only as good as the data you feed in. Analyzing and optimizing these data results in a better profile quality and thus in a higher reliability of the production process. Insofar basICColor IMProve complements any profiling software in the market.

• Intelligent Automatic
    In 'Automatic' mode basICColor IMProve analyzes measurement data in an intelligent way and performs the necessary corrections automatically. Correcting, smoothing and optimizing color measurements has never been easier.
    • Optical Brightener Correction
    A slider allows for a continuously variable correction of the effect of optical brightener agents (OBAs) in spectral data. If you set the slider to max, the result is similar to a measurement with a UV-cut filter.
    • Comprehensive Report
    A detailed PDF report shows all the results of the analysis, depicts the data graphically and gives tangible recommendation for the futher correction process.
    Functions
    • Software for intelligent optimization and processing of measurement data
    • 'Automatic' button for intelligent analysis and correction of measured data
    • Various tools: removal of redundant color patches; correction of erroneous readings; data smoothing; optical brightener correction; dot gain adaptation; black point correction; white point editing; averaging of measurement data
    • Measurement data visualization in 2d or 3d; comparing the data visually and statistically; visualization of the dot gain
    • Detailed PDF report

This tool must be used for your own educational purposes only.
    Do not share it all over the Internet!

No need to install. Download, unpack and launch it!

The app:
    Hidden Block (you must be registered and have 30 posts):
    You do not have sufficient rights to see the hidden data contained here.

The mac version is [URL="http://www.printroot.com/forum/f21/basiccolor-improve-8610/"]here[/URL].
    Cheers,
    CW

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to ColorWizard For This Useful Post:

Bob12345
    In "About" box, says "Please register to get full functionality". There's a serial, but no "license.lic" file. Is any functionality missing ?

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob12345 View Post
    In "About" box, says "Please register to get full functionality". There's a serial, but no "license.lic" file. Is any functionality missing ?
    I can't say I did an extensive testing of the app, but I can say, that all of the availabe "tool buttons" on the main window perfom as expected
    As far as I found, there is only one optional feature that will depend on the license - 'MeasCorrection'.
    License check in About dialog does not influense functionality.
    Cheers,
    CW

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ColorWizard For This Useful Post:

Donor cengell is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Thank you for this!!!

for
    Donor for is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    What about v2?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by for View Post
    What about v2?
    Nothing new...

At least, I'm not going to patch it.
    For you and all who are interested in, I can give a hint, how to prolong demo mode in few simple steps.

You probably know, that it's possible to use fully functional basICColor tools with time-limited (demo) license, which is linked to so called MachineID number. You may also know how to get this license. The only thing that you can hardly know, is the fact that the MachineID under Windows is computed from system volume serial number.

So to be able to obtain (legally!) new demo license you must to change your MachineID, i.e. you must to change system volume serial number.

That's all.

P.S.
    In saying this, I proceeded from the assumption that you are able to:
    • find the way how to change system volume serial number,
    • find out how to obtain demo-license.

Happy new Year!
    Cheers,
    CW

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ColorWizard For This Useful Post:

PRC Member lessbones is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    can anyone reupload this?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lessbones View Post
    can anyone reupload this?
    I would advise you to switch to ColorLogic ColorAnt, just because of:
    • IMprove is an OEM version of ColorAnt,
    • ColorAnt gives you quick and easy way to get a fully functional 30-day demo license (there is a workaround how to change MachineID to get new demo license),
    • ColorAnt frequently updates.
    Cheers,
    CW

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ColorWizard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorWizard View Post
    I would advise you to switch to ColorLogic ColorAnt, just because of:
    • IMprove is an OEM version of ColorAnt,
    • ColorAnt gives you quick and easy way to get a fully functional 30-day demo license (there is a workaround how to change MachineID to get new demo license),
    • ColorAnt frequently updates.
    do you have details on how to change the machine id? it seem this would be useful for other colorlogic products as well (CoPrA, ZePrA, etc.)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lessbones For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lessbones View Post
    do you have details on how to change the machine id? it seem this would be useful for other colorlogic products as well (CoPrA, ZePrA, etc.)
    it's here (my previous post):
    http://www.printroot.com/forum/f21/basiccolor-improve-9261/#post168170
    Cheers,
    CW

16. Your ad here

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ColorWizard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Ok so finding a way to change the 'system volume id' -- I wasn't sure if that was a standard thing to be able to search for but that clarifies it-- thanks!

Donor laazzaa is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Can you please advise how to get rid of the "You have exceeded the alowed number of registration attempt" even if you change the system volume id?
    thanks

Donor digitix is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    It possible to change ID on Mac OS X?
    In Windows the number refers to the hard disk, but Mac is not referred.

+ Reply to Thread