+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Aurelon ICISS

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BIBIB View Post
    ( It's true - it was something strange because it was impossible to directly replace the programs with the patched ones- due to some "no permission" problem - and I trashed first the programs and after this I copied the patched ones in the same folder )
    It's because of permissions. You could change it through the Finder menu File->Properties
    Cheers,
    CW

Donor dreko is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Non working ICISS

This is a nice way to preview and test the program. However, one cannot save any separation work. So essentially it's a non working demo.

Good to try, I did some nice stuff with it... tried to save the seps to examine, however, the separator software will not save any work. You'll get a colorspace inconsistency error due to the nerfed application.

Oh well... at least someone was kind enough to post this non working demo

PS, I don't have any permission problems, I'm curious if ANYONE has used this successfully

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dreko View Post
    This is a nice way to preview and test the program. However, one cannot save any separation work. So essentially it's a non working demo.

Good to try, I did some nice stuff with it... tried to save the seps to examine, however, the separator software will not save any work. You'll get a colorspace inconsistency error due to the nerfed application.

Oh well... at least someone was kind enough to post this non working demo

PS, I don't have any permission problems, I'm curious if ANYONE has used this successfully
    hi dreko,

may be that sounds weird, but I have no problems with ICISS.
    The application was running under MacOS X 10.6.8:

Once the application has been installed, the original binaries has been replaced with patched. After that I made a test - an image in RGB color model was converted to multichannel CMYK+RGB using the script from lesson #7 of [URL="http://download.aurelon.com/Manuals/ICISS/Tutorial.zip"]Tutorial[/URL].

Preview from ICISS Scanner:
    all channels are turned on

RGB are turned off

Output options:

After the image was successfully converted it was opened in Photoshop:

As for me, it works! :)
    Cheers,
    CW

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ColorWizard For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hmmmmm.......

Well I do see the examples. Did you create that multichannel file, or was it a sample file already provided?

I've got the program running in Snow Leopard with the provided patches. However there is an error when trying to save out seps. Conflicting color spaces error.

I've looked through all the tutorials, which are not very elegantly done, and the tutorials are no help. Scripts I've saved/created don't work.

I'll try it again, but I still believe this is a broken app. I'd love to hear from any other users that have gotten this working...
    In any case, it was still good to see even if it's not functioning properly....

best

PRC Member pardon has a spectacular aura about pardon has a spectacular aura about pardon has a spectacular aura about
    Thanks
    Well I do see the examples. Did you create that multichannel file, or was it a sample file already provided?
    +1

Colorwizard please re-zip with a different archiver and reupload filez
    maybe this is a problem with broken files of forks

Thanks
    Nope, I've used the test file from [URL="http://www.photoindustrie-verband.de/dq-tool"]DQ-Tool[/URL] of [URL="http://www.photoindustrie-verband.de/?lang=en"]Photoindustrie-Verband e.V.[/URL]

I've got the program running in Snow Leopard with the provided patches. However there is an error when trying to save out seps. Conflicting color spaces error.
    I would try to reproduce the error if you would sent to me the script and gave the information on the application reported the error, Scanner or Separator?

I've looked through all the tutorials, which are not very elegantly done, and the tutorials are no help. Scripts I've saved/created don't work.
    Once more, please, give a bit more information: what you do, what is not working, etc. Now it's hard to say what's wrong with it...

but I still believe this is a broken app.
    I wouldn't say so. The error message about conflict in color space means that the error occurs in CMM module which gets control only after successful registration check.
    Cheers,
    CW

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pardon View Post
    +1

Colorwizard please re-zip with a different archiver and reupload filez
    maybe this is a problem with broken files of forks
    I pretty sure, that there is no problem with zip files in hotfile. For the test in my last post I've downloaded them, successfully unpacked and replaced original apps to be sure, it's all ok with them. So on your request, here are patched bin-files only for ICISS Scanner, Separator and Lab2Dot:
    Hidden Block (you must be registered and have 20 posts):
    You do not have sufficient rights to see the hidden data contained here.

For those who don't know what to do with binaries:
    1. Right-click on the app-file
    2. Choose Show Package Content
    3. Move the patched binary to the folder Contest:MacOS
    4. Confirm the replacement if necessary.
    Cheers,
    CW

Thanks

new script

Hi Colorwizard,

Thanks for replying.
    I got it working.

I've got to say the user manual/tutorials are poorly written! But hey, what do you want for free, right? :)

It was a little tricky, but end the end, I made a custom script for 12 channels, got it to separate out into photoshop with all 12 channels intact, however I'm not sure the color mapping alterations got processed correctly.
    I'll have to verify this...

but so far, it does seem to be working. Verification test results coming soon!

thanks

Thanks
    Hi Colorwizard,

Thanks for replying.
    I got it working.
    huh... and life is getting better!
    Cheers,
    CW

Thanks

life is better! :)

Ok this works amazingly well!

Many many thanks color wizard!
    Tricky to use, however, I just made a spectacular 12 color sep.

The color mapping tool is wonderful, I wish Adobe would incorporate this level of finesse within Photoshop

Thanks

12. Your ad here

PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Thanks
    Ok this works amazingly well!

Many many thanks color wizard!
    Tricky to use, however, I just made a spectacular 12 color sep.

The color mapping tool is wonderful, I wish Adobe would incorporate this level of finesse within Photoshop

Thanks
    please tell me where you need a 12 color separation.
    which printing process is able to output 12 colors?
    color mapping is easily done in pdf workflow!
    even in photoshop you can create a multichannel separation to map individual channels to another color.

Thanks

12 or more channels

Fineart Silkscreen needs lots of colors, the top screen printing shops easily and often hit 30 - 50 colors

As a user of Photoshop since 2.5 I can honestly tell you, it's a great program. But ICISS's color mapping kicks PS butt on this.
    try it, and you'll know

That being said, I did tweak the ICISS seps in PS, minor level adjustements, etc afterwards.
    My friend is working on a 20 color job now and that's small

the last one hit over 100 colors

BIBIB
    Hello ColorWizard,

I reinstalled the app on 10.5.8, I replaced the bin's with the patched ones ( no permission problem this time ) but the app still remain in demo mode ( no dongle, no serial )...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BIBIB View Post
    Hello ColorWizard,

I reinstalled the app on 10.5.8, I replaced the bin's with the patched ones ( no permission problem this time ) but the app still remain in demo mode ( no dongle, no serial )...
    hi BIBIB,

unfortunately, I can't identify what is wrong...
    sure, it would be far easier if I could reproduce the error... but I can't

sorry, no other thoughts except one - try another system setup...
    Cheers,
    CW

SimonCharlie
    Hi ColourWizard,

I have the Separator & Scanner working fine, the Lab to Dot I assume needs a spectrophotometer or similar to use?

But the Editor says it needs read+write access to the Root HD, see attached...
    (I am the administrator of the computer)
    Any ideas?

Thanks

Sc
    Name:  Screen Shot 2010-11-04 at 11.29.16.jpg
Views: 1136
Size:  26.0 KB

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast