+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Agfa ApogeeX v5

Junior Member sickrandir is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Service manual for ApogeeX 5

This thread is amazing. Apogee seems to answer all the troubles I currently have with Harlequin RIP (ERROR_IN_CONFIG_FILE) and my proofer device (Epson 7880).
    The only thing I would need is the Service Manual to setup everything at best.
    I found online the manual for ApogeeX 4 but I kinda need the one for 5th edition!
    Anyone can help?

Thanx

PRC Member MrApogee will become famous soon enough
    Thanks

Service manual for ApogeeX 5

Quote Originally Posted by sickrandir View Post
    This thread is amazing. Apogee seems to answer all the troubles I currently have with Harlequin RIP (ERROR_IN_CONFIG_FILE) and my proofer device (Epson 7880).
    The only thing I would need is the Service Manual to setup everything at best.
    I found online the manual for ApogeeX 4 but I kinda need the one for 5th edition!
    Anyone can help?

Thanx
    Hello sickrandir,

theres no offical Manual vor the X5 Version, so you can use the X4 Version Manual.
    I also say X5 Version was a "service pack" for X4 Version
    Its a long time ago(3Years), because now I use X6 Version, but I think if you follow the Installer instructions you would get succes.
    There are different kinds of installation e.g. Mainserver, Failover and Satellites
    So you can install e.g. on 3 Windows 2003 Server 32bit(not64bit by the time!!!)
    1. Mainserver
    2. Failoverserver(Backup for the complete Mainserver)
    3. Satellite to outsorce e.g. your Rips, epson...
    Don´t use any other Version of MSSQL Server, you must install the one from the Installer, because Agfa has a special release. Also I think there was another preinstaller called prerequisites(have also a look to the installer manual)
    I hope this will help you
    MrApogee

Donor curva is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

User manual apogee 6

Good day! Do not know if it will help you sickrandir, but the link has the service manual for version 6, or as the friend told Mr. Apogee use the version 4. Best regards.

https://rapidshare.com/files/774952648/SM_Apogee_Prepress_6.0_Service_Manual.pdf

4. The Following User Says Thank You to curva For This Useful Post:

Donor curva is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Apogee x and negative plate

Hello friends, I'm losing hair ... still can not give the correct output plate x apogee in the forum here, by the way is great. Use a AVALON N4 (en r4300s) directly connected to the prepresserver, ts Azura plate negative. Using the password provided by friends of the forum in order to change the settings, the media has changed from positive to negative, positive and negative calibration and nothing ... I always have a negative output to the plate ready. In the CTP moved to the positive plate, and the plate was perfect in the graphics area, but outside the plate was sensitized. Someone had the same problem. I am grateful to everyone who has tried to help me, but the problem still persists. Best regards.

Member Tualatin will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    1) You have a few plates of the same size and exposure always on the plate that has the highest number
    2) On exposure negative and negative type plate at the same time
    3) An invalid media to rip (Check the type of plate, update)

You do not need any password, go back all that you do in the service menu

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tualatin For This Useful Post:

PRC Member ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard is a glorious beacon of light ColorWizard's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Hardware for APX v5

Can anyone recommend a server configuration for APX v5? The average monthly volume is 20 000 pages of A4. APX server will work with Apogee Printdrive.
    Besides creating and preflighting PDFs it's planned to use imposition and PDF Renderer (for PDF-s with transparency). Dominant output formats are B3, B2, B1.
    Cheers,
    CW

Thanks

Apogee Hardware

Quote Originally Posted by ColorWizard View Post
    Can anyone recommend a server configuration for APX v5? The average monthly volume is 20 000 pages of A4. APX server will work with Apogee Printdrive.
    Besides creating and preflighting PDFs it's planned to use imposition and PDF Renderer (for PDF-s with transparency). Dominant output formats are B3, B2, B1.
    Hello Colorwizard,
    I would prefer the follwing configuration for you:
    1. Mainserver Dual Xeon(4Core) GB Ram and fast Harddrives
    2. Failoverserver and First Satellite Dual Xeon(4Core) 4 GB Ram and fast Harddrives
    3. Second Satellite Dual Xeon(4Core) 4 GB Ram and fast Harddrives
    4. Printdrive Dual Xeon(4Core) 4 GB Ram and fast Harddrives
    Gigabit NetworkSwitch and DualNetworkcards in the Server are recommend.
    (The average monthly volume is 20 000 pages of A4 is very much, so you must have a very good hardware)
    Or you make the same Configuration with Intel I7 CPUs 8 Core, but I prefer always HP Hardware in a production environment.
    So you will get 4 Servers. The Operationsystem MUST be Windows Server2003 32bit.
    I hope that will help you
    kind regards
    MrApogee

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MrApogee For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorWizard View Post
    Can anyone recommend a server configuration for APX v5?
    First a quick ride and network
    The rest of the more expensive the better

Horris
    Hi Agfa Masters,
    Is there anybody who can share PlateMaker software?
    Regards.

PRC Member ChristianSTG will become famous soon enough
    Thanks

Platemaker is standar inside of installer of apogee

Quote Originally Posted by Horris View Post
    Hi Agfa Masters,
    Is there anybody who can share PlateMaker software?
    Regards.
    wen install apogge you can isntall client , and platemaker, platemaker is only one intreface for control some CTP devices, same operatiosn can be make with client of apogee

14. Your ad here

Thanks

Platemaker

Hello Horris,

the Platemaker is also a complete PrePresssystem with a sql Database. You need an extra Client(PlatemakerClient see cristianstg) to run it.
    I won´t like it because its buggy and not userfriendly, but you need it if you want to run a new eg. Avalon N Platesetter directly connected.
    In other cases you can run the AGFA Printdrive, its old but runs very well. You can run CTF and CTP from Agfa e.g. Avantra or Xcalibur. Also you can run other Platesetters using the tiffout option.
    MrApogee

Horris
    ChristianSTG & MrApogee,

Thank you very much indeed for the useful information.

So does it mean that it cannot be installed as stand-alone (Like PrintDive), and we need Apogee server to be installed first? I will not use Apogee workflow, I just need a tiff catcher.

I am going to use it on a new CTP, Avalon N16, actually it is not Agfa machine, it is Screen PTR16000II, I could not find Dot Tiff Controller from Screen TruFlow, if someone can help, it is appreciable.

Thanx
    Horris

Thanks
    Install the client and select the custom (Choose Platemaker)

Thanks

Avalon N16

Hello Horris,
    yes of course its a screen CTP but an OEM specialy for AGFA. In the past agfa made always some modifications to the oem devices, so I don´t know the avalon will run with a dainippon screen tiff catcher.
    I don´t understand the dealer where you want to by the avalon, he must know this.
    If you dont want to you an Apogeex workflow, i think this will not run.
    So there ar theses ways:
    1.)ApogeeX PrePressWorkflow DIRECTLY connected to the avalon via pifcard(I dont know the name of the special card but you need a special card to connect. The Avalon softwaredriver is part of the Workflow)
    2.) ApogeeX PrePressWorkflow connected to Platemakerserver via Network and the pif card in the Platemaker
    3.) Third party workflow e.g. Harlequin, Barco... connected to a Platemaker, using the OpenconnectOption of the Platemaker by importing tiff files from your third party workflow. I think the Openconnectoption is a installed part of the Platemaker.
    So you can impose your files with your third party workflow, than sending via network to a PlatemakerHotfolder, in order using the right tiff format e.g. lzw, macintosh packet bits, harlequin. There are many importfilters from agfa.
    MrApogee

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MrApogee For This Useful Post:

PRC Member ChristianSTG will become famous soon enough
    Thanks

is very symple

You need install one main server with apogee, and one satelite conected to main server you can install the TP necesary for run your screen machine.

In the main server is showed two apogee system one with all tp of apogee and one second with CTP device and necesary TP.

Quote Originally Posted by Horris View Post
    ChristianSTG & MrApogee,

Thank you very much indeed for the useful information.

So does it mean that it cannot be installed as stand-alone (Like PrintDive), and we need Apogee server to be installed first? I will not use Apogee workflow, I just need a tiff catcher.

I am going to use it on a new CTP, Avalon N16, actually it is not Agfa machine, it is Screen PTR16000II, I could not find Dot Tiff Controller from Screen TruFlow, if someone can help, it is appreciable.

Thanx
    Horris

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ChristianSTG For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast