WinPatrol PLUS 32.0.2014.0 Final
WinPatrol’s Host-based Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) takes snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge. WinPatrol was the pioneer in using a heuristic behavioral approach to detecting attacks and violations of your computing environment. It continues to be the most powerful system monitor for its small memory footprint. WinPatrol’s easy tabbed interface allows you to explore deep inside your computer without having to be a computer expert. A one-time investment in WinPatrol PLUS provides a unique experience you won’t find in any other software. As a robust SECURITY MONITOR , WinPatrol will alert you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission. WinPatrol PLUS includes our unique R.I.D. technology. As a MULTI PURPOSE SUPPORT UTILITY WinPatrol replaces multiple system utilities with its enhanced functionality.
WinPatrol allows you to get a better understanding of what programs are being added to your computer. It monitors important system areas that are commonly altered by many malicious programs. This includes the startup groups (registry and startup folder), cookies and active tasks. You can terminate processes and enable or disable startup programs. The cookie monitoring option allows you to automatically delete cookies based on a keyword found in the cookie name. Additional features include a WHOIS lookup tool and an option to alert you on changes. WinPatrol is easy to understand, yet quiet powerful.
Traditional security programs scan your hard drive searching for previously identified threats. WinPatrol takes snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge. You’ll be removing dangerous new programs while others prepare to update their definition/signature data files.
WinPatrol is NOT:
1. Likely to conflict with other security programs you rely on.
2. A huge drain on your system resources or performance.
3. A yearly subscription or program only designed to help if you pay to upgrade.
4. A signature based system that relies on already identified threats.
5. A program that will update itself automatically without your knowledge.
6. Going to connect to the internet unless you explicitly request info.
7. Going to install any addition crap or toolbars on your system.
WinPatrol PLUS 32.0.2014.0 Final-AT4RE : 4.43 MBWhat’s NEW with WinPatrol WinPatrol 31.0.2014.0 (July 19th, 2014):
* New Start Menu and System Tray Icons. Changes to the Scotty system tray icon generated a much larger reaction than expected. Part of the problem was the color yellow is commonly used as a warning. The new Scotty system tray icon is easier to see with a new traditional Scotty icon on a green background. Our yellow tile with Scotty will still be used but only to indicate when a scan for changes is in process. If a notification is displayed, the yellow icon will continue to show until you accept or reject the change.
The Blue Orb icon was introduced when Vista users found our original icon hard to view. The Blue Orb will be used by our install program, wpsetup.exe. For anyone with a Start Menu, you’ll also find more readable tile icons for WinPatrol(Green), WinPatrol Explorer(Blue), Uninstall(Purple) and Help(Yellow).
* Pale Moon. Many WinPatrol users have requested support for the Mozilla browser called Pale Moon. In the last version support for Cookies stored by Pale Moon was added and identified as a Mozilla type of a browser. Unfortunately, while WinPatrol handled cookies for Pale Moon it only included the Mozilla choice is another Mozilla browser was detected such as Firefox. This error has been corrected and if WinPatrol finds that Pale Moon has been installed it will include the Mozilla option on our screen for setting up cookie filters. As always, WinPatrol will support any browser that Windows identifies as the default when requesting PLUS Info or Safe Update versions.
* Safe Update Version Info. Our Safe Update button will now include version information for security programs Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Microsoft Security Essentials where appropriate.
* Server Optimization. WinPatrol v32 optimizes communication with our server in the case of a denial of service attack occurs. While WinPatrol will never create enough traffic to hurt your local network our new optimization will make sure you have all the bandwidth you need.