Symantec Encryption Desktop Professional 10.4.0 MP1 HF1
Symantec Encryption Desktop Professional is a comprehensive suite of encryption applications which provides flexible, multi-layered encryption by bundling Drive Encryption to secure the files stored on local hard drives, and Desktop Email Encryption to secure confidential data in email.
- Hard drive encryption software locks down the entire contents of a laptop, desktop, external drive, or USB flash drive, including boot sectors, system, and swap files.
- Enables encrypted email and secure AIM® Instant Messages.
- Creates storage-independent encrypted containers for transport and sharing of specific files using included utilities; PGP Self-Decrypting Archive, PGP Virtual Disk, and PGP Zip.
- Includes PGP Shredder which can completely destroy unwanted disk-based files and folders.
- Drive Encryption can be centrally deployed and managed by Symantec Encryption Management Server.
- Secures email without burdening users, to improve compliance with policies and regulations without hindering productivity.
- Allows users to easily and transparently share encrypted files and folders, improving data security without impacting user productivity.
- Management by Encryption Management Server centralizes creation, deployment and management of data security policies and reporting.
Compatibility with Microsoft Windows 10
This release supports the installation of Symantec Encryption Desktop on systems running Microsoft Windows 10, both 32- and 64-bit versions.
User Interface for Microsoft Windows Pre-Installation Recovery
Microsoft Windows Pre-Installation (WinPE) provides a bootable recovery tool to recover data from an encrypted drive that has been damaged or corrupted. You can now boot to a system that has been damaged or corrupted using a WinPE recovery CD or USB drive and then use the new graphical user interface to recover an encrypted drive.
New Pre-Boot Smart Card Compatibility
Added compatibility with Gemalto TOP DM GX4 72k (FIPS) cards for pre-boot authentication for Symantec Encryption Desktop for Windows.
What's New in Version 10.4.0 MP1:
• Added support for Symantec Encryption Desktop while performing an in-place upgrade from an earlier version of Windows to Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
File Share Encryption
• Symantec File Share Encryption now notifies users when an attempted operation could require some time to be completed if the shared folder is very large.
• Data corruption no longer occurs when you save IBM Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) files that are larger than 4000 bytes stored in a remote share on a Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 file server.
• Microsoft Windows 10 systems no longer load the incorrect Windows user profile when Single Sign On users attempt to authenticate at pre-boot for the first time after the hibernation feature is enabled.
• Users can now successfully authenticate at pre-boot on Lenovo ThinkPad X1 (2016 model) using a keyboard layout other than English US.
• HP ProBook 650G1 notebooks no longer become stuck in a reboot loop upon the first boot or reboot attempt after disk encryption is completed.
Home Page -System Requirements:
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update (32-bit and 64-bit editions)
- Windows 10 November 2015 Update (32-bit and 64-bit editions)
- Windows 10 Enterprise (32-bit and 64-bit editions)
- Windows 10 Pro (32-bit and 64-bit editions)
- Windows 8.1 November 2014 Update (32-bit and 64-bit editions)
- Windows 8.1 Update 2, August 2014 (32-bit and 64-bit editions)
- Windows 8.1 Update 1, May 2014 (32-bit and 64-bit editions)
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise (32-bit and 64-bit editions)
- Windows 8.1 Pro (32-bit and 64-bit editions)
- Windows 8 Enterprise (32-bit and 64-bit editions)
- Windows 8 Pro (32-bit and 64-bit editions)
- Windows 7 Enterprise (32-bit and 64-bit editions, including Service Pack 1)
- Windows 7 Pro (32-bit and 64-bit editions, including Service Pack 1)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit edition)
- Windows Server 2012 (64-bit edition)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit edition, including Service Pack 1)
- Windows Server 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit editions, including Service Pack 1 or 2)Symantec Encryption Desktop Professional 10.4.0 MP1 HF1 + Keymaker-CORE | 124.5 MB