What's new in NovaBACKUP PC 17.0:
NovaBACKUP Alerts service:
It's now easier than ever to send an e- mail alert with NovaBACKUP. Starting in NovaBACKUP 17, we've included the NovaBACKUP Alerts service. Simply provide your e-mail address and we'll do the rest – no more messy SMTP settings (unless you want them!)
Daily, Weekly and Monthly Summary Reports:
You are now able to configure and e-mail a summarized report of all activities performed by NovaBACKUP in the last day, week or month.
Updated Log Viewer:
The log viewer has been given a facelift and matches the new Summary Reports. It's also cleaned up the information being presented to help you better understand what happened during your backup job. The log viewer now also prints out logs that match what's on screen (HTML log)
Network Devices now in Disaster Recovery / Virtual Dashboard:
Pre-configured Network Devices will now be available as an option within a manually executed Disaster Recovery job. Additionally, if you select a network destination for a backup job from the Virtual Dashboard, NovaBACKUP will automatically provide the credentials from the Network Device.
- Fixed an issue relating to a Network Device during scheduled Disaster Recovery backups
- CMC network file section error fixed – users can no longer select the entire network during backup job creation
- CMC manual file selection error fixed – users can now browse subfolders during manual file selection
- Fixed issues when backing up documents to an xSP device via CMC
- Clients connected to a CMC can now add devices from their local NovaBACKUP installation
- Resolved issues with certain clients where the CMC was incapable of starting a restore process
- Removed Anti-Virus support
- Removed CD / DVD / Blu-Ray support
- Resolved background crash if a user's backup metadata was stored incorrectly
- Modified files selected / files completed reporting within Log Viewer to more accurately portray what's happened.