Key Features Available in Version 8:
- Botnet protection: Brand new technology that protects against infiltration by botnet malware to prevent spam and network attacks detected in outbound traffic from your computer. Botnet protection searches outgoing network communications for known malicious patterns, and matches the remote site against a blacklist of malicious ones. Any detected malicious communication is blocked and reported to the user. Click to view a screenshot.
- Enhanced Exploit Blocker: Protects against attacks on web browsers, PDF readers, Office documents, as well as Java communications and Java-based software that provides the ability to eliminate lockscreens and ransomware.
- ESET SysRescue Live: The next generation of the ESET SysRescue utility, ESET SysRescue Live allows you to create a bootable disk, in the form of a USB flash drive or CD/DVD, with the ability to scan and clean your system even when you cannot boot into Windows. ESET SysRescue Live is a Linux-based malware cleaning tool that runs independent of the operating system from the ESET Smart Security retail CD (North America only).
- HIPS Smart mode: Only suspicious system events trigger a notification beyond the set of pre-defined rules in Automatic mode (operations such as system registry, active processes and programs).
- ESET Cybersecurity Education (North America only): New Cybersecurity Education introduces a more interactive and game-like approach to training. This replaces the previously named ESET Cybersecurity Training (note: the new name change is not reflected in the UI yet).