Default Folder X 4.6.5
Save your files effortlessly and open your folders instantly.
Default Folder X makes Mac OS X's Open and Save dialogs work as
quickly as you do. Custom keyboard shortcuts put your favorite and
recent folders at your fingertips. Pop-up menus let you navigate your
folders and open Finder windows.
You can access the contents of your recent, favorite,
and open folders right from Default Folder X's toolbar.
Its hierarchical pop-up menus expand as you mouse over them,
letting you navigate your folders to get to your files.
To work faster, you can assign a keyboard shortcut for all of
your favorite folders. If an Open and Save dialog isn't open,
then you can use Default Folder X's menu bar, Dock icon, or
Real time saving
If you're constantly saving things inside the same folder,
Default Folder X can remember that folder for you.
You can even set a different default folder for each application you use.
That way, you'll already be in the right folder when you're working.
Have you ever wanted to save a file to an open Finder window?
Default Folder X lets you open up or save to any Finder window
with a single click. It also lets you get info on, rename, and
delete existing files, putting the Finder's power in every Open
and Save dialog.
To help you quickly return to folders you've recently used, Default Folder X remembers them for you. It can even rebound to the last file you used in all your recent folders. With Default Folder X, you'll never forget where you put something.
Spotlight on the spot
Mac OS X delivers amazing search capabilities with Spotlight,
but adding your own search keywords requires a trip to the
Finder's Get Info window or to an application like Tags, Fresh,
or Tag Folders. No more! Default Folder X lets you add
Spotlight keywords, OpenMeta tags, and Finder labels on the spot,
while you're still in the Save dialog. It even remembers keywords
you've used before and automatically completes them as you type.
Leopard delivers amazing previews with QuickLook, but in
Open dialogs they're small and you can only see them in column view.
With Default Folder X you get previews below every Open dialog,
expanded to fill the available space. Need to see more detail?
Click on the image and it zooms up to full size.
And if you'd rather have words instead of pictures,
Default Folder X delivers those details too. The file's size,
the date you created and modified it, the Finder label,
Spotlight comments, OpenMeta tags, access permissions -
they're all there too.
Workflow without work
Rather than make you learn and set up a new application,
Default Folder X blends into Mac OS X. Its pop-up menus and Finder integration will start saving you time immediately, and it will put your
pre-existing Favorite folders in its toolbar right away. When you do
decide to start customizing it, Default Folder X lets you set
default folders and assign shortcuts right from its toolbar.
Finally, effortless workflow.
What's New Version 4.6.5:
OS: MacOSX• You can now create a copy of a selected file or folder within a file dialog using Default Folder X's new Duplicate command.
• You can use the Cmd-Shift-C keyboard shortcut to go to "My Computer" in file dialogs.
• Fixed a problem that could cause OmniOutliner 4 to stall for two minutes when saving files.
• Default Folder X now ensures that Open dialogs in NetNewsWire begin in the correct folder.
• To be consistent with the Finder, the Desktop is now accessed within file dialogs using Cmd-Shift-D.
• A "ReboundInColumnView" option enables Default Folder X’s rebound feature when you’re using column view in Open dialogs. Option-click on the Settings button in the Default Folder X preference pane to change it.
• When updating itself, Default Folder X will pop the "Install and Relaunch" window to the front after the update finishes downloading.
• Default Folder X’s Preview and Spotlight windows sometimes appeared in the middle of the screen if the file dialog was large enough to push them off the bottom of the screen. This has been fixed.
• The first two items in Default Folder X's Favorites menu are now correctly displayed when you access it from the menubar.
• Fixed a bug that could cause an application’s file dialog to crash in unusual circumstances.
Size: 12 MB
Only the registered members can see the download links/content. please Register to gain full access.