The Altium Development team is pleased to announce the release of Altium Designer 2013.
Altium Designer 2013 further improves your design environment by delivering several new PCB features and updates to the core PCB and Schematic tools. With the reengineering and opening up of our widely used DXP platform, Altium Designer 2013 underpins our focus on our core technologies, customers and partners.
The key highlights of this release:
- Compnt parameters in SmartPDF output
- Ability to define polygonal-shaped blanket directives
- Enhanced customization of schematic pins and ports
- Hyperlink text support in schematic documents
- Schematic annotation based on part location
- PCB object and layer transparency
- Silk To Solder Mask clearance design rule
- Outline vertices editor for polygon pours and regions
- Predefined views for PCB in 3D
- Project document previews
- Support for Microchip mTouch controls
- Additional data management enhancements
- Vault-defined supply chain information in BOM
- Preferred suppliers choice for part choices
Full details of this update including bug fixes can be found in the release notes.
Altium believes that any who wants to make a difference using electronic products should be able to do so. And we help designers do this by giving them everything they need to be able to make this difference. We develop, create and sell electronics design tools – software and development hardware – that unify the entire electronics design process in application, that is easy to use and as affordable as we can make it. This unified electronics design environment – it's called Altium Designer – is the result of years of development work but is now just part of AltiumLive, a web-based portal that is the means by which we help professional electronics designers connect people and devices. The go hand-in-hand. Altium Designer and AltiumLive together create an ecosystem that is greater than the sum of the parts. They bridge the gap that separates the design of a product and how that product is manufactured.