What's new in version 5.6.1:
- Added status update for scanning by 'Fix Invalid Shortcuts' tool.
- Added more checks in 'Fix Invalid Shortcuts'.
- Added option to find 'duplicate folders' in 'Find Duplicate Files' tool.
- Added several new plug-ins and updated some existing ones.
- Added option to clean indexed databases in the Chrome and the Firefox browsers.
- Added option to clean favicons database in the Chrome browser.
- Updated history cleaning for Opera browser v24.
- Cookie Manager now indicates which browsers have cookies present for a given URL.
- Added option to remove 'site preferences' in Firefox browser which can save some history of visited URLs.
- Added progress indicator in the taskbar while 'Erase Your History' perform a cleaning/analysis.
- 'Erase Your History' now cleans other users' Internet Explorer browser cookies while deleting history.
- Updated ignore lists.
- Updated 'Remove Junk File' tool's drive list user interface; added new theme.
- Updated Registry Backup and Restore (RegBak) tool.
- Updated 'Erase Your History' > 'Misc' to show more items that were ignored previously, like 'Clean Temporary Setup Files' which cleans aborted Windows installations.
- Added 'firewall rule' section cleaning in the 'Clean System Registry'.
- Improved the scanning algorithm in 'Clean System Registry' to avoid certain paths in Windows 8.
- 'Clean system Registry' now finds more errors in the ActiveX section.
- Fixed an issue in Erase Your History' tool where some cleaning functions perform 'secure data wipe' even if the option was to just delete it.
- Fixed error in listing of Firefox LocalStorage cookies.
- Fixed 'program freezing' in the 'Uninstaller Manager' tool when certain 'uninstall strings' are encountered.
- Fixed an issue in the 'Uninstaller Manager' tool where some entries were not launching the uninstaller correctly.
- Fixed a few issues where 'Clean System Registry' was causing errors for MS Office 2013 users.
- Fixed an issue where 'Clean System Registry' was causing an error using a network-ed HP Printer/Scanner.
- 'Clean System Registry' tool is now less aggressive in deleting empty keys in the ActiveX section.
- MS Search plug-in is now not auto-detected. It was resetting Windows search index database.
- Fixed the listing of Erase Your History> Misc > Temporary Files in Windows 8.1. Now it does not appear in the list.