+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Xerox Color 550 VS Xerox DocuColor 700

Donor darkweb is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I have a DC Press 700 with fiery rip, so far so good for my printer and the rip. Is only that the fiery rip a bit slow.

Junior Member corkymac is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I'm in the process of purchasing a Xerox 550 with the standard rip. Can't wait.

Junior Member projdoom is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    700 has more power for heavy stocks and doesn't slow down as quick when paper weight increases.

On the other hand 550 has new system level or Fiery (9r2). Rip is much quicker.

Junior Member zyberace is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Can somebody compare Fiery Ex and FreeFlow for 700DCP?

Donor macknife1 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Unhappy

Maybe this post is a little bit outdated, but I have to say:

We owned a Xerox 700 with a DucoSP-Rip. The colorstability of the Xerox 700 wasnt good enough to produce more then one or two "Certified Prints" in a row.

After two prints, we had to calibrate the Xerox 700 again or else the measurements were out of range. :-(

robaat

xerox 700

maybe it doesnt belongs here, but we had a xerox 700 and the cost were much to high compared to production

trial.demo

Xerox 700 with EFI integrated + pressmatcher very strong solition!

I use this before! never have any issue! color very good

Donor MonteCarlo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

registration problem

We own Xerox 550 and we have registration problems (up to 3mm) when we use both side printing. Considering to change our Xerox 550 to Xerox 700 because of better hardware we heard that Xerox 700 has same problems too. Any experience on 770?

Junior Member corkymac is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hi, you should be able to keep registration within 1-1.5mm. I print business cards 21 up on ours all day and hardly ever have any come back due to registration. Sometimes you have to tweak things slightly to compensate but I'm really pleased with our 550.

PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteCarlo View Post
    We own Xerox 550 and we have registration problems (up to 3mm) when we use both side printing. Considering to change our Xerox 550 to Xerox 700 because of better hardware we heard that Xerox 700 has same problems too. Any experience on 770?
    we have the same problems here with xerox 550. 1.5 mm misalignment on the front and 1.5 mm on the back may add up to 3 mm. the registration heavyly depends on the surface and the weight of the paper.

if you take a look at the tech specs of the manufacturers (xerox, canon, etc.) this registration tolerance is normal.

our next machine has to be more accurate and will be much more expensive for sure.

11. Your ad here

Junior Member gearsandgeardrives is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Lifting Systems

[URL="http://www.gearsandgeardrives.com/bg.php"]Linear actuators are basic building blocks as manufacturing automation equipment. The linear actuator directs a force that it receives from another device into a straight line in order to perform a task. If the actuator is powered by electricity, it will turn that force into a straight line force. That is very straightforward. If the actuator is powered by hydraulics, it will do the same thing with the power, convert it into a straight line. There are different of sources of power for the linear actuator that is used as manufacturing automation equipment. [/URL]Driving power from pneumatics, electricity, or hydraulics are the sources. The selection of any of these sources is usually dictated by the type of application in which it will be employed, the budget for the application, and the performance required.

for more details
    http://www.gearsandgeardrives.com

Donor boesermichl is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    we have the same problems here with xerox 550. 1.5 mm misalignment on the front and 1.5 mm on the back may add up to 3 mm. the registration heavyly depends on the surface and the weight of the paper.

if you take a look at the tech specs of the manufacturers (xerox, canon, etc.) this registration tolerance is normal.

our next machine has to be more accurate and will be much more expensive for sure.
    But it is easy to adjust by yourself - BE CAREFUL for exactly sizes of Papers!!!! Then - adjust in the DC 700 exactly by 0.1 mm! we printed Businesscards on 240gr Paper both-sided with registration below 0.5mm !

It is NOT the machine, it is on the user!

Junior Member esku is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Do not buy Creo's rip ever because they are not going to fix any issue. Creo engineers does not work for Xerox anymore. I have a Xerox 8080 and I'm still waiting for 4 open-problem with imposition and font substituion for almost two years.

I know very well both Xerox700 and Xerox 55 and I recommend both, however both with External Fiery controller (EX), Tray 6 oversized and I1 for calibrating.

I have not payed attention to the date's of tip but now I recommend you Xerox J75 and Its marvellous ILS and SIQA sw.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2