+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Xerox Color 550 VS Xerox DocuColor 700

gervasius

Xerox Color 550 VS Xerox DocuColor 700

My employer want to buy Xerox digital press. We decide to buy dc 700 with creo RIP but our seller can`t offer that machine in this moment. Now he can offer to us xerox 550 with creo RIP and dc 700 with EFI integrated RIP. We don`t know what to do. Dc 700 have better hardware, but 550 have better RIP.

In this combination I`ll prefer to give advantage to better RIP (creo), but in company I have EFI ColorProof FX 4 used for proofing and I`m very satisfied. In the list of devices i can choose EFI Fairy.

Does somebody try to connect EFI fairy with EFI ColorProof FX and is it a good enough combination comparing with creo RIP?

PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gervasius View Post
    My employer want to buy Xerox digital press. We decide to buy dc 700 with creo RIP but our seller can`t offer that machine in this moment. Now he can offer to us xerox 550 with creo RIP and dc 700 with EFI integrated RIP. We don`t know what to do. Dc 700 have better hardware, but 550 have better RIP.

In this combination I`ll prefer to give advantage to better RIP (creo), but in company I have EFI ColorProof FX 4 used for proofing and I`m very satisfied. In the list of devices i can choose EFI Fairy.

Does somebody try to connect EFI fairy with EFI ColorProof FX and is it a good enough combination comparing with creo RIP?
    Dont exspect too much from the Creo RIP. We have the Color 550 with Creo since 2 months. The RIP software is version 1.01 so there are many annoying bugs! Nearly ALL PDFs with shadings, shadows or transparencies are not rendered corrtecly with APPE!
    For now we can only you use CPSI which causes bad vignettes. Xerox and Creo are working on this issue.

Also the connection to the iOne is often lost and you have to repeat the calibration steps.

Very frustrating ist the fact that you cant apply settings from one job to another one. If you want to print a new PDF like the job before you have to make all settings again. :-((

On the other hand the rendering speed and the color accuracy is great!

BTW i have been told that the Creo for Xerox 700 has NO APPE at all! So you cant compare those two RIPs one by one.

If have no experiences with EFI Fiery (which is able to print our PDFs!) so you have to decide yourself.

But if Creo wont fix our issues we will have to exchange the RIP, maybe to FreeFlow.
    Last edited by spider; 05-23-2011 at 11:41 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to spider For This Useful Post:

Donor delfinr5 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    Dont exspect too much from the Creo RIP. We have the Color 550 with Creo since 2 months. The RIP software is version 1.01 so there are many annoying bugs! Nearly ALL PDFs with shadings, shadows or transparencies are not rendered corrtecly with APPE!
    For now we can only you use CPSI which causes bad vignettes. Xerox and Creo are working on this issue.

Also the connection to the iOne is often lost and you have to repeat the calibration steps.

Very frustrating ist the fact that you cant apply settings from one job to another one. If you want to print a new PDF like the job before you have to make all settings again. :-((

Otherwise the rendering speed and the color accuracy is great!

BTW i have been told that the Creo for Xerox 700 has NO APPE at all! So you cant compare those two RIPs one by one.

If have no experiences with EFI Fiery (which is able to print our PDFs!) so you have to decide yourself.

But if Creo wont fix our issues we will have to exchange the RIP, maybe to FreeFlow.

The EX Print Server integrates the APPE PDF rendering technology to offer native PDF end-to-end workflow. This allows your customers to improve the consistency and flexibility of the final print from design to output in digital and offset print solutions. The way in which the Fiery implements this technology means that your customer will always have the most efficient processing solution at their finger-tips, ensuring accurate and efficient processing of all files types, not just PDF.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to delfinr5 For This Useful Post:

PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by delfinr5 View Post
    The EX Print Server integrates the APPE PDF rendering technology to offer native PDF end-to-end workflow. This allows your customers to improve the consistency and flexibility of the final print from design to output in digital and offset print solutions. The way in which the Fiery implements this technology means that your customer will always have the most efficient processing solution at their finger-tips, ensuring accurate and efficient processing of all files types, not just PDF.
    Your comments are not helpful at all. Did you copy the text from a marketing brochure or is this your personal experience?

Creo also claims that their APPE is very fast and reliable and offers native PDF workflow to their customers but they are not telling the truth!

gervasius
    I hope I can handle Creo, because I have some experience from 2004-2006 on DC6060. Anyway, I`ll ask about creo rip version at the meeting on Friday, but Creo must be better, it is about 3.000 € more expensive than Feiry.
    My problem is what ih Feiry with colorproof fx will work better than creo. I have no a way to verify that.
    Thanks for help...

Thanks
    I hope I can handle Creo, because I have some experience from 2004-2006 on DC6060. Anyway, I`ll ask about creo rip version at the meeting on Friday, but Creo must be better, it is about 3.000 € more expensive than Feiry.
    My problem is what ih Feiry with colorproof fx will work better than creo. I have no a way to verify that.
    Thanks for help...
    What is your definition of a "good" rip?

Accurate colour is one point. But IMHO the job handling is also very important!

Do you only print PostScript or PDF? Do you need variable data printing?
    What about in-rip imposition or device link profiles? Do you want to print on many different media types?

There are many aspects to consider, not only perfect colour output.

The rip will only be perfect if it fits all your needs!

Thanks

What about in-rip imposition or device link profiles? Do you want to print on many different media types?

Indeed we must analyze various parameters before considering a RIP, as you say. But I think it is just one of the best solutions with FreeFlow Print Server for variable data, color management Splash is the best along with Fiery (EFI Splash bought) and of course the simplicity and clarity is critical, the power that has FreeFlow and EFI is essential, IMHO (Analyst Xerox PSG).
    Greetings

Thanks
    Indeed we must analyze various parameters before considering a RIP, as you say. But I think it is just one of the best solutions with FreeFlow Print Server for variable data, color management Splash is the best along with Fiery (EFI Splash bought) and of course the simplicity and clarity is critical, the power that has FreeFlow and EFI is essential, IMHO (Analyst Xerox PSG).
    Greetings
    I had a look at Google and it seems there is no Splash for Xerox Color 550.
    It is also not listed as optional RIP in the 550/560 specifications!

And Splash has no APPE! So its not a true native PDF workflow.

Thanks
    I had a look at Google and it seems there is no Splash for Xerox Color 550.
    It is also not listed as optional RIP in the 550/560 specifications!

And Splash has no APPE! So its not a true native PDF workflow.

Not what you found, or you'll find, is discontinued for EFI Splash, is now embedded within Fiere, since version R2 and System 8 System 9 now. I still think is the best color management solution, now integrated into the CWS.

gervasius

Yes, you are right, i didn't explain our needs. Perfect color is most important aspect of output. Demand for variable data is very rare, and I always printing pdf files, for imposition preps and quite imposing plus. For device link profiles is good to have it, but it is not so important and we do not planing to print to many different media types. We have plan to compete our offer for lower number of copies. We provide Offset Printing, mostly catalogs, books, flayers, itc. On option is to print imposition and approximately color proofs for offset.

Greetings
    We didn`t consider other RIPs, but now we will. Accurate color is most important to us. This is EFI from offer [URL="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S9BYCDQS"]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S9BYCDQS[/URL]

13. Your ad here

Thanks
    Yes, you are right, i didn't explain our needs. Perfect color is most important aspect of output. Demand for variable data is very rare, and I always printing pdf files, for imposition preps and quite imposing plus. For device link profiles is good to have it, but it is not so important and we do not planing to print to many different media types. We have plan to compete our offer for lower number of copies. We provide Offset Printing, mostly catalogs, books, flayers, itc. On option is to print imposition and approximately color proofs for offset.

We didn`t consider other RIPs, but now we will. Accurate color is most important to us. This is EFI from offer [URL="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S9BYCDQS"]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S9BYCDQS[/URL]

Thanks for specifying your needs. I guess we have the same demands to a perfect rip/printer. Our main business is offset printing too. Now we are producing low quantities of flyers, manuals or business cards on the Xerox 550 with Creo rip.
    Most important for us is perfect PDF rendering and offset color quality on different paper types. We are quite satisfied with the Creo solution except the PDF problems which will be fixed hopefully soon.

After purchase of the machine the technician told us that EFI command workstation in combination with CGS PressMatcher offers the best color results. The calibration is fast and easy without any learning curve. I am quite sure this is by far the best solution but it is the most expensive too. Maybe you might take a look at it.

Banned kissz2004 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Hq rip imposition key

Hi
    Any one have imposition password for HQ rip

Thanks

imposition for color proof

Hi
    Can any one help me how to setup imposition with color proof

Thanks

Unhappy Docu color 700 proof

Is docu color gave perfect proof print

gervasius
    After purchase of the machine the technician told us that EFI command workstation in combination with CGS PressMatcher offers the best color results. The calibration is fast and easy without any learning curve. I am quite sure this is by far the best solution but it is the most expensive too. Maybe you might take a look at it.
    That sound as a good idea. I`ll ask for offer about that CGS RIP, tomorrow.
    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast