+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: what is the best large format RIP in your opinion?

Junior Member amd195 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    onyx poster shop 7.2 is a good choice

Donor awaddon is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CO3derek View Post
    Which rip is the bet depend on what for:
    1. for color proofing - EFI ColorProof XF, GMG, ergosoft
    2. for production - wasatch, onyx, ergosoft.
    Recommand:
    EFI ColorProof XF- easy step by step to make good result.

Ergosoft - color is good, with all color solution. it can make icc profile for any device and material, easy to paste up & production.
    Hi all, first post here and I agree

I have been printing Large format for over 10 years and currently work at a medium size printer in Southampton dealing with Litho, Digital and Large format printing.

We use both EFI ColorProof XF and Onyx Production house.

EFI is great for proofing (hence the name ColourProof), you can profile for your own papers (with the relevant plugins), also you can further tweak the colour with an optimisation profile that goes on top of the paper profile, unfortunately it struggles to cope with high volumes of individual files so is not a good option for mass large format production. We use EFI for litho print proofing where colour is critical. The colour Verifier is a very neat little tool (optional add-on) where you can use an eye-one to scan certain colours and if they are printing wrong it will automatically compensate for the variation and re-tweek your profile.

Onyx on the other hand is ideal for mass large format production as you can drop 100 files on in one go and it will fly through the ripping process one after the other, you can control, tweak and replace colours on the rip using filters, also with the option of nesting you can run whole rolls of paper consisting of multiple job continuously while unattended.

Onyx Production House also has built-in profiling software which is easy to use, comes with instructional video and you only need to get hold of an Eye-one to do it. The colour reproduction is not as accurate as EFI but then it was built for production not colour critical proofing, we run hundreds of posters through it every week. We use hot folders which are set up with different settings for different medias, qualities etc., so you can drop 50 files on a folder and they will appear in the queue already setup for Photo satin paper, then 30 more files dropped on to another folder and they will come in set up for Light stop banner material etc.

I have also used ErgoSoft Posterprint which is very user friendly, you see the layout of you jobs on the paper as they are going to print, you can even drag them around to change position etc., not quite as powerful for mass production as onyx but still a good rip and great for beginners.

I have a cracked copy of it v10.07 somewhere if anyone is interested!

...never tried the wasatch RIP!

Hope some of this helps

3. The Following User Says Thank You to awaddon For This Useful Post:

Donor awaddon is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    ...also Onyx Production House can host several printers at once depending on your Dongle licence!

I have some dongle dumpers and emulators which work pretty well too! (hasp and sentinel)

Junior Member spantomat is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    we use versaworks for all our prints on roland-machines..

but we are looking for a rip for the epson r1800. any suggestions?

Bob12345
    Quote Originally Posted by awaddon View Post

I have some dongle dumpers and emulators which work pretty well too! (hasp and sentinel)
    Look forward to seeing them!

b3932489
    I have:
    two version of EFI XF, one of Onix, two version of Posterprint and an old ColorBurst.

Of course EFI XF is highly configurable, like onix.
    ColorBurst it's simple, but functional. Like Posterprint.

The best? Probably EFI. But, sometimes, you can prefer the simplicity of CB or PP...

Junior Member Drdeath19134 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Which one is better EKRIP or AcroRIP?
    Ek Rip is by far better. a little costly unless you find cracked versions. I ran into a wal looking for the 2200 version and the r1800.

Donor T. Schruda is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    what i just realized after getting to really know EFI, wasatch, colorgate and now onyx..

for proofing i agree to above.. EFI is by far the most accurate one because of the iteration progress through a whole it874 chart.. and the dynamic wedge.

but for fineArt printing.. you can only use the it874 chart, too.. and that is not good enough for a CMYK rgb printer.!.. the onyx CMM machine is the most powerful one in my experience.. it has great tools for adjusting all 7 ink channels..
    and a special CMYK+rgb chart for the ICC using 3400 patches! the profiles, well done, are excellent and the gamut is larger then an RGB profile!.. the reds and specially dark blues improve a lot.
    with wasatch i couldnt achieve this quality yet.

Junior Member webrammy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    EFI Colorproof XF is pretty good. I'd vouch for it.

Junior Member runmac is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Onyx Production House

12. Your ad here

Teuflutch
    I use EFI eXpress and EFI Colorproof XF. It is good RIP software and easy to use

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Teuflutch For This Useful Post:

Donor mrhooper is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    We have been using EFI Colorproof XF for years, and it is a solid solution. We recently got a quote on a new Epson 9900 and an Oris Color Tuner rip. They wanted $10K for the rip alone. I almost fell off my chair. I think We will stick with EFI for only a $1500 upgrade! Does anyone know much about the Oris product? im curious for some real world feedback on how it compares to others?

megaeric
    I look for a good one to works with epson 7880C textile ink

Donor mvmservis is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    for mimaki, i use wasatch. Now i use 5.1.4, but i want to get newer cracked version :)

megaeric
    Quote Originally Posted by awaddon View Post
    Hi all, first post here and I agree

I have been printing Large format for over 10 years and currently work at a medium size printer in Southampton dealing with Litho, Digital and Large format printing.

We use both EFI ColorProof XF and Onyx Production house.

EFI is great for proofing (hence the name ColourProof), you can profile for your own papers (with the relevant plugins), also you can further tweak the colour with an optimisation profile that goes on top of the paper profile, unfortunately it struggles to cope with high volumes of individual files so is not a good option for mass large format production. We use EFI for litho print proofing where colour is critical. The colour Verifier is a very neat little tool (optional add-on) where you can use an eye-one to scan certain colours and if they are printing wrong it will automatically compensate for the variation and re-tweek your profile.

Onyx on the other hand is ideal for mass large format production as you can drop 100 files on in one go and it will fly through the ripping process one after the other, you can control, tweak and replace colours on the rip using filters, also with the option of nesting you can run whole rolls of paper consisting of multiple job continuously while unattended.

Onyx Production House also has built-in profiling software which is easy to use, comes with instructional video and you only need to get hold of an Eye-one to do it. The colour reproduction is not as accurate as EFI but then it was built for production not colour critical proofing, we run hundreds of posters through it every week. We use hot folders which are set up with different settings for different medias, qualities etc., so you can drop 50 files on a folder and they will appear in the queue already setup for Photo satin paper, then 30 more files dropped on to another folder and they will come in set up for Light stop banner material etc.

I have also used ErgoSoft Posterprint which is very user friendly, you see the layout of you jobs on the paper as they are going to print, you can even drag them around to change position etc., not quite as powerful for mass production as onyx but still a good rip and great for beginners.

I have a cracked copy of it v10.07 somewhere if anyone is interested!

...never tried the wasatch RIP!

Hope some of this helps
    I interested if you can send to me I will be so greatfull to test with my epson 7880C or send me a link to download it. thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast