+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: speedway: software or hardware?!!

Junior Member geverluis is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

speedway: software or hardware?!!

Ok, I'm newbie here but I need to be clear about this, is there any speedway card to install when you buy a heidelberg CTP, working with metadimension. I checked the one that I control, but I only found the NC107i nic card (gigabit ethernet card), nothing more; so, my question: Is there any others nic cards 100/1000 ethernet compatible with speedway engine manager (if the nic that i found is generic, not heidelberg customized).

Donor c_caberol is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Sorry but you need a Heideberg special board (rj45 connector) to drive a Heidelberg Ctp. If you want I cand send you a pictures of them.

Junior Member HDM_Prepress is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hello!
    You have to use an original Heidelberg board. Because driver of Speedway Control Manager writen for original GIPB (GIEB) board.
    However, preference is to be given to the Gigabit connection. It means that if you connect the white G-bit cable to Gigabit port in the GIPB (GIEB) board you must connet another end to X309 on the CTP. In case of use LVDS you must connect another end to X300.
    Now available two PCI interface boards:
    GIPB; SN: 00.779.1351
    For SuSe Gen II > 30pph and SuSe VLF the GBit-Connection to image setter is required.
    and
    GIEB-PCI-E; SN: 00.779.2018
    PCI-Express – Alternative for GIPB 00.779.1351 (identical performance).

Good luck!

eltonking3000
    you must first install SwayDriver and right engine manager dependent to your ctp
    what is your ctp model?

Thanks
    Does the CTP board have two option to get connected to the PC, Doesn´t it?. So the vendor charged me the gpib card despite he asked me for a server with a Gigabit nic card, and his technician connect the ctp to the gigabit option. Because I didn´t find anyother customized card. thank a lot. I'll do nothing, simply I can´t. I hope you could give more info.

Thanks
    c_caberol
    Sorry but you need a Heideberg special board (rj45 connector) to drive a Heidelberg Ctp. If you want I cand send you a pictures of them.

HDM_Prepress
    You have to use an original Heidelberg board. Because driver of Speedway Control Manager writen for original GIPB (GIEB) board.
    However, preference is to be given to the Gigabit connection. It means that if you connect the white G-bit cable to Gigabit port in the GIPB (GIEB) board you must connet another end to X309 on the CTP. In case of use LVDS you must connect another end to X300.
    Now available two PCI interface boards:
    GIPB; SN: 00.779.1351
    For SuSe Gen II > 30pph and SuSe VLF the GBit-Connection to image setter is required.
    and
    GIEB-PCI-E; SN: 00.779.2018
    PCI-Express – Alternative for GIPB 00.779.1351 (identical performance).
    Good luck!

eltonking3000
    you must first install SwayDriver and right engine manager dependent to your ctp
    what is your ctp model?

c_caberol: Thanks, if you don´t mind I'll apreciate your pictures, my email: [email protected]
    HDM_prepress: Good data, I have some issues on transmision, what could it be? Hardware or software?
    eltonking3000: I operate a prosetter74 my engine manager is speedway.

Again Thanks

Thanks
    So...
    Which issues exactly?
    What kind of symptoms?
    My ptevious post was about Suprasetter. Prosetter suports only LVDS connection for data transfer via P-IMAGE-CTRL pcb at X5 connector. Second cable from CTP to PC is for operate via GUI - not for big amount of data transfer. Prosetter has two possibilityes to connect to the GUI via P3C2 pcb:
    1. Via rs232, connector X113
    2. Via ethernet, connector X114 (10Mb) and X115 (10/100Mb).
    I think you have second case.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HDM_Prepress For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Well there were different issues, but the most common is a shift (about 1mm) in the fast scan direction after this the job usually get damaged, and the GUI gives the message a transmition problem had ocurred. But in the log there´s no info or code about the failure. The besides ERR_3328 (plate missing) appears ERR_3327 (flow system), once a saw ERR_0000 during the las two months.

Thanks in forwards.

Thanks
    I'm so sorry but I have no experience in Prosetter, only in Suprasetter. Tell me if I can help you in any more question.

Thanks
    As usual from simple to complex.

ERR_3328: Plate on table missing for load
    I think you only need to clean the plate detector (light switch) on the loading table.

ERR_3327: An internal hardware error occurred. Communication error on the SPI Bus.
    Simpliest way is to check the communication cable this cable is UTP Cat5. If it is necessary - change a connectors. Try to change a ethernet board on your PC. If this does't help you'll need to check the P3C2-CPU Board. The best way is to check it on the same CTP, simply change to yours and watch what happend.

Shift (about 1mm) in the fast scan direction and damaging of job.
    There are three possibilities here:
    1. A cable - UTP Cat7. Check the cable, If it is necessary - change a connectors.
    2. GIPB (GIEB) board. Check it on the CTP or FTP (Suprasetter and even Primesetter with MetaDimension are compatible) or call servise to provide same board for the tests.
    3. P-IMAGE-CTRL board. Check it on the same CTP (without options) or call servise to provide same board for the tests.

Good luck!

12. Your ad here

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HDM_Prepress For This Useful Post:
    sam

sam
    Junior Member sam is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    i have esko ctp so can u give me the information on this ctp

PRC Member zombie will become famous soon enough zombie will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by snidows View Post
    man do you have rip for heidelberg di46 ?
    You can use any HQ rip IF you have the DI plugin.

Junior Member Digital_Boris is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

SWAY Board

Quote Originally Posted by c_caberol View Post
    I'm so sorry but I have no experience in Prosetter, only in Suprasetter. Tell me if I can help you in any more question.
    Hi,

I have a Suprasetter 102. Problems in comunications, most probably defected part is the SWAY board inside the CTP.
    Do you refurbish such plates?

My defective plate has a micro-chip which is damaged. I have a brand new identical micro-chip but no way to programm it...

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Boris
    [email protected]

Thanks

Refurbish of a board

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Boris View Post
    Hi,

I have a Suprasetter 102. Problems in comunications, most probably defected part is the SWAY board inside the CTP.
    Do you refurbish such plates?

My defective plate has a micro-chip which is damaged. I have a brand new identical micro-chip but no way to programm it...

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Boris
    [email protected]

We are ready to repair any defective board of your Suprasetter. In the case of SW board we can refurbish it. simply send it to us a we send you a repaide .

regards

Carlos.

Junior Member Digital_Boris is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Refubish SWAY

Hi,

Ok, please let me know some contact data.

Mine:

BestPlate co
    Buchares, Romania
    Judetului str. 10
    [email protected]
    www.bestplate.ro

Tel: +4021.211.17.94
    Mob:+40722.538.991

Regards,

Boris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast