+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Separations into pdf

tzanolo

Separations into pdf

Hello!
    I use acrobat 10, Prinergy 5 and preps 6 plus.
    I need to create a workflow that generates pdfs. Vector, raster, x1a, anyone.
    at the end of my workflow I need 3 pdfs: 1 with just Cian and Magenta, 1 with yellow and black, and 1 with CMYK.
    I know how to do it manualy at photoshop, just deleting the channels. And I know how to create a workflow with:
    refine>output form pdf
    I need to create 3 outputs from pdf, that automaticaly generates 3 pdfs, with just the collors (plate or channels) I need.
    I cant find the options when I go to process templates.

Any Ideas?

blaster
    Quote Originally Posted by tzanolo View Post
    Hello!
    at the end of my workflow I need 3 pdfs: 1 with just Cian and Magenta, 1 with yellow and black, and 1 with CMYK.
    I know how to do it manualy at photoshop, just deleting the channels. And I know how to create a workflow with:
    refine>output form pdf
    I need to create 3 outputs from pdf, that automaticaly generates 3 pdfs, with just the collors (plate or channels) I need.

Any Ideas?
    Make the pdf - duplicate the imposition 2x - go to acrobat and with pitstop delete the unwanted colors of page one. Then do the same thing with page 2 only with the other 2 colors and you're done :)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blaster For This Useful Post:

tzanolo

Arrow

First of all, thanks to answer me!

Its ok to do it with pitstop, but i have almost 400 signatures to make it... I really need to discover a way to create it within prinergy...

robaat

Indesign

Can't you do this out of Indesign?

trial.demo
    First of all, thanks to answer me!

Its ok to do it with pitstop, but i have almost 400 signatures to make it... I really need to discover a way to create it within prinergy...
    Hi

Maybe more Pitstop "Server" Prinergy can drop inside a Hotfolder and Pitstop just do the rest...

andrisssh

Photoshop

You mentioned photoshop. Why dont you use automate in photoshop.

andjey
    Try to use Prinect toolbox. USe (Color editor: Spot color). You can on/off colors of you want.

mikie
    Hello!
    refine>output form pdf

Any Ideas?

You can export separation files from quarkxpress, indesign and acrobat pro. Export them as separation and in CMYK you will have 1 pdf file with 4 pages with each color in a different page. For the CMYK layout you can output a composite pdf and insert it at the end of the 4 separated page pdf to have 5 pages.

+ Reply to Thread