+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: rotating mirror (spiner) problem

Banned petarbitola is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neopay View Post
    The Spinner of Primesetter is very sensitive and if you did not change the two filters every 6 months or one year it causes that the spinner will be dirty and the space that contains compressed air where the shaft is turning will produce noise and can be locked after. so I suggest that you change the two filters of the compressed air and cross your fingers that the spinner will not stop working otherwise you will buy a new spinner.
    Please tell me, that filters, how they look. Are they as glass tubes?
    Last edited by petarbitola; 02-20-2011 at 01:31 AM.

PRC Member neopay is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Smile

Yes inside theese two glass containers you have the two filters that must be changed>
    You can see in the pictures bellow. The Rotating mirror has a shaft that turns in a air cushion with a the air pressure that must be dry and clean. so you have a peltier cooler system to cool down the air and then compensate the water that you can find in the one of the two containers, The three clics that you hear in every machine start is that it throw the water out.

Name:  01.png
Views: 838
Size:  160.4 KB
    Name:  06.png
Views: 813
Size:  73.6 KB
    Name:  02.png
Views: 842
Size:  60.6 KB
    Name:  03.png
Views: 796
Size:  53.3 KB
    Name:  04.png
Views: 841
Size:  58.0 KB

I hope that I help
    Attached Images  

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neopay For This Useful Post:

Thanks

spinner problem

I also have that service software, and I already saw these picture, but I think all that must be done by real service man

Anyway, thank you.

Member JohnQ is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neopay View Post
    Yes inside theese two glass containers you have the two filters that must be changed>
    You can see in the pictures bellow. The Rotating mirror has a shaft that turns in a air cushion with a the air pressure that must be dry and clean. so you have a peltier cooler system to cool down the air and then compensate the water that you can find in the one of the two containers, The three clics that you hear in every machine start is that it throw the water out.

Attachment 367
    Attachment 368
    Attachment 369
    Attachment 370
    Attachment 371

I hope that I help
    Oaw, neopay is correct. I forgot the filter. This could be bad effect to the M2P board and some circuit board too if you do not clean or exchange it 6-12 months period.

Junior Member geverluis is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

How cold is the room temperature?

Piterbitola you told the room temperature is a cold, that can cause moisture on the surfaces, Did you try to warm up the room temperature, before starting the Setter?.
    A friend works in city colder than mine, and on Mondays he usually starts his Setter (prosetter 105 mine is prosetter 74) about 11:00AM to prevent moisture problems. I hope your Spinner is OK, because that device is a kind of expensive.

Thanks
    The room temperature, is about 10°C. Yes we start some airconditioner to heat the room a short time before we start printing on imagesetter, than the temperature is about 15-17°C, but the elements inside imagesetter, especially metal elements, is very cold and they need time to worm. I know the temperature on the room must be higher of 18°C, but in these room in these winter period never is.

Anyway we decide to by that two filters and change. When I do that I weel inform in these forum what I did.

Junior Member geverluis is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    But please don´t try to heat the back side of the Setter directly, we damaged a peltier doing that, and then we had to work with a bag of ice.

pepevela

beware

The spinner is a very delicate element. if handled carelessly, can block them. Clean filters and check with your service engineer.

PRC Member tomcatinc is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Heidelberg recommendation:

Ambient temperature: +18°C to +28°C
    Humidity: 45 – 80%, non-condensing

I have to emphasize that it must be constant. Microclimatization is essential with these devices. It is better and cheaper to have 21°C all the time. Cheaper comes from the fact that you start working immediately after startup, you don't have to send your spinner for service and you do not stop producing films while spinner problem is solved.

Your spinner has air bearing which means that it rotates on ball bearing up to a certain speed and than "lifts" to float/rotate on air cushion to achieve higher speeds. Disability to lift means that you have to work very slowly without air cushion. If you hear a screeching noise, that means that your spinner is not having an uniform air cushion (spinner is not lifting properly but is offset). This causes damage to the ball bearing and ball bearing seat (a ring that ball bearing descends to when the air pump shuts down). These damages will eventually block the spinner to rotate.

My suggestion: stop working and send the spinner for an overhaul until the whole problem gets too expensive. It could be cheaper to obtain another machine then to repair the very big problem that is coming back.

Junior Member Photoman is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I remember from the limited time i spent with one at a friends shop that they are sensitive to temperature changes.
    They kept a heater on in the room at a low setting all day and night to stabilize it. There is a lot of metal in it and the tolerances are tight.
    When its to cold or hot, the metal will expand or contract and lit switches and other components will either fail or give false readings.

12. Your ad here

PRC Member tomcatinc is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    As we all know, metal changes it's size with heat change. If you image one separation in ambient temperature 10C and another in 23C, registration marks will be offset. Not to mention different film climacterics, chemistry problem, cold lubrication, ....

Junior Member HDM_Prepress is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hello!
    NEVER! Never use any lubricant to grease the RMU (Rotating Mirror Unit) because it's builded in air bearing principle. Abmient temperature may cause the problem becsuse body of RMU made from brass and rotating shaft from steel. But I think that problem in dust which get inside RMU. Solution is cleaning with acetone. You have to disassemble tne unit. Be careful and never touch small hexagonal blunt bolts which allocated on prizm cap tney are for balancing and preadjusted on factory. Use good hex wrenches with snarp edges because bolts which in brass body very easily to strip.
    More easy way is to vacuum the unit. You have to remove the electronics (two small pcbs). Be careful here too because on one of pcbs (MSOL) SOL (Start of Line) sensor is located. You must place back the MSOL precisely on the initial place. Use very powerful vacuum cleaner and suck (not blow) every hole from every side.
    Neverthless the best way is to call certified service engeneer.
    Good luck.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to HDM_Prepress For This Useful Post:

Junior Member HDM_Prepress is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hello!
    NEVER! Never use any lubricant to grease the RMU (Rotating Mirror Unit) because it's builded in air bearing principle. Abmient temperature may cause the problem becsuse body of RMU made from brass and rotating shaft from steel. But I think that problem in dust which get inside RMU. Solution is cleaning with acetone. You have to disassemble tne unit. Be careful and never touch small hexagonal blunt bolts which allocated on prizm cap tney are for balancing and preadjusted on factory. Use good hex wrenches with snarp edges because bolts which in brass body very easily to strip.
    More easy way is to vacuum the unit. You have to remove the electronics (two small pcbs). Be careful here too because on one of pcbs (MSOL) SOL (Start of Line) sensor is located. You must place back the MSOL precisely on the initial place. Use very powerful vacuum cleaner and suck (not blow) every hole from every side.
    Good luck.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to HDM_Prepress For This Useful Post:

Junior Member spartacus85 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HDM_Prepress View Post
    Hello!
    Good luck.

the procedure is correct....but you have to use Isopropyl alcohol instead of acetone.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to spartacus85 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    The problem is still present, and imageseter is work corectly with that nosie by spiner. I decide to keep working until it's stop by self.
    I decided to open the spiner, but I did not know how to do it, so I put the spiner back.
    If there is anyone to tell me which part to open and which order, (with photos), because I'm afraid not make a mistake or not damages something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast