+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rip with precise dot placement

Junior Member thekrakenrules is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Rip with precise dot placement

I work in a field that requires precise dot placement from the printer. I would be curious about users RIP experiences related to this. If you have specific comparisons, please share them.

Junior Member sweiss105 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I'm currently running the E7600 with EskoArtwork's FlexRIP/FlexPROOF and we get fairly accurate dot proofs, but there is something left to be desired. The head honchos are looking to upgrade to the 7900 and we are being told that the 7900 dot proofs are leaps better than what is achievable with the 7600.

PRC Member DoctorBlade is on a distinguished road DoctorBlade's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrakenrules View Post
    I work in a field that requires precise dot placement from the printer. I would be curious about users RIP experiences related to this. If you have specific comparisons, please share them.
    Please elaborate on precise dot placement. Do you mean exact halftone values or accurate replication of dots per image (say you have two images that you want to have identical dot arrangements)?

Donor CrossyPrinter is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    If its screen printing the Accurip, Multi Rip, Fast Rip and many others will do the postcript at the printer thing for film making positives. Which lets you define angle and shape and frequency of your dot from your image editing program. Nice feature. Expensive for the larger model versions... Ive read about Ghostscript but havent tried it in a while. Anyone had similar experiences?

Junior Member Beardy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Neither PS nor PDF fully define scan conversion rules, so you may not be able to do what you want ... depending on what you want to do!

PRC Member johnlongthomas is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    you can output one bit tiffs from a rip and then recombine them or not and they will put the dots in the same place on multiple different devices

Junior Member sartono is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    i'm searching the way to do it too.... hope others can help....
    thank you

Junior Member lx3cbl00d is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Dot shape is not good

I using HQ RIP, and when using microscope to check the dot, dot shape is not good (not smooth at the edge of dot)
    When i check roam from rip, its same. Is someone have same experience?and how to solve that?

Junior Member Big Fat Rat is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Did you mean simulating raster structure for proof, or... something comleatly different?

Junior Member 647689321a is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    try to adapt the resolution of the image to the printerĀ“s. 1440x 1440 if you are printing in this quality for example. No reescaling. If this is not working can be a spraying effect from the printheads, make sure that the alignment is perfect and print in unidirectional mode, slower but much more acurate.

11. Your ad here

+ Reply to Thread