+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problem with Xitron

Member vulongmos will become famous soon enough
    Thanks

Problem with Xitron

Any one help me to solve.
    I use a Xitron Navigator to drive imagesetter Dolev 800V via Xitron Interface Card and output 1bit tiff for CTP.
    If before output a tiff file I write a film so they work OK all day. But in the case viceversa, output a tiff file first so the Dolev doesnt record film (output blank film, feed and instantly unload). Every day I have to try to record a film first then plate, if not must restart computer to get Dolev work.

Banned momolote is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

momo

go to www.xitron.com there you can get de inf file you are looking for
    Quote Originally Posted by vulongmos View Post
    Any help me to solve.
    I use a Xitron Navigator to drive imagesetter Dolev 800V via Xitron Interface Card and output 1bit tiff for CTP.
    If before output a tiff file I write a film so they work OK all day. But in the case viceversa, output a tiff file first so the Dolev doesnt record film (output blank film, feed and instantly unload). Every day I have to try to record a film first then plate, if not must restart computer to get Dolev work.

x29
    Junior Member x29 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by momolote View Post
    go to www.xitron.com there you can get de inf file you are looking for
    Hi,
    I can't fully understand the original question from the user "vulongmos", although I really try my best. Neither do I understand how you (momolote) could send "vulongmos" to Xitron's website to try to download a file as a solution to his/her problem. Unless, of course, as a new member (like myself), you are looking for a way to increase your number of *useful* posts to be able to use this forum.

To make *this* post "useful" I might add a suggestion that new users try to upload useful software in stead of spamming the forums with generic answers to old posts. :-)

Thanks

momo

yes im sorry, i did not read very well the problem, so i apologies to make than stupid suggestion thanks a lot, bye

Quote Originally Posted by x29 View Post
    Hi,
    I can't fully understand the original question from the user "vulongmos", although I really try my best. Neither do I understand how you (momolote) could send "vulongmos" to Xitron's website to try to download a file as a solution to his/her problem. Unless, of course, as a new member (like myself), you are looking for a way to increase your number of *useful* posts to be able to use this forum.

To make *this* post "useful" I might add a suggestion that new users try to upload useful software in stead of spamming the forums with generic answers to old posts. :-)

x29
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by momolote View Post
    yes im sorry, i did not read very well the problem, so i apologies to make than stupid suggestion thanks a lot, bye
    I'm sorry too, my intention wasn't to humiliate you in any way. It was rather a humble try to highlight the downside with the system of "minimum posts" for full access to this site. It's hard to find recent posts with questions from users, most of the lastest posts are new software. So I guess that meaningless posts (like this ) are inevitable. ;-)

Thanks

more issue

I have another issue with Xitron Navigator 9.

PDF file from CorelDRAW include ICC always output wrong color (on whole sheet event on sheet has only object from Corel), event I had remove ICC by Pitstop and the RIP had override (ignore) ICC from file.

I resolve by placing that PDF in to an Adobe app like Indesign or Illustrator and make another PDF. But if unfortunate I forget check them then an amount of plate will be thrown away or worse papper...

x29
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vulongmos View Post
    I have another issue with Xitron Navigator 9.

PDF file from CorelDRAW include ICC always output wrong color (on whole sheet event on sheet has only object from Corel), event I had remove ICC by Pitstop and the RIP had override (ignore) ICC from file.

I resolve by placing that PDF in to an Adobe app like Indesign or Illustrator and make another PDF. But if unfortunate I forget check them then an amount of plate will be thrown away or worse papper...
    Can you please upload a file that has this problem? It is a lot easier to help you then.

My guess is that Corel Draw is (pre-)configured to (or it might just be the way that Corel Draw works) output PDF files which are not very well suited for CMYK printing. At least, that is my experience with that application.

Thanks

momo

ok if you have a pdf made in corel draw, you need to do this, use the same profile that you use on adobe family example: us webcoated swop if you are runing a web press or euroscale coated if you are runing a sheetfeed, like speed master o komory, that profile work very good for my self it could be usfull to you,

set your color profiles on corel on a separation printer use of this depending of your printing machine, and do not use color managament on your xitron, as far i know
    still using a ucr color convertion, must be gcr

best regards, see you soon

Quote Originally Posted by x29 View Post
    Can you please upload a file that has this problem? It is a lot easier to help you then.

My guess is that Corel Draw is (pre-)configured to (or it might just be the way that Corel Draw works) output PDF files which are not very well suited for CMYK printing. At least, that is my experience with that application.

Junior Member ost1n is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    go to www.xitron.com

Member carlossc73 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    if you have problems with Corel. in the printing dialogs is a box to set the colorprofile off that is the right way to print from corel. so you wont have any color changes.

about your first problem it might be the resolution of the file you make to output into the ctp and your dolev ie. trendsetter uses only 2400 dpi and dolev is a multi res device but wont output a file with 2400dpi. because the dolev is not designed to do that by default.

11. Your ad here

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by carlossc73 View Post
    if you have problems with Corel. in the printing dialogs is a box to set the colorprofile off that is the right way to print from corel. so you wont have any color changes.

about your first problem it might be the resolution of the file you make to output into the ctp and your dolev ie. trendsetter uses only 2400 dpi and dolev is a multi res device but wont output a file with 2400dpi. because the dolev is not designed to do that by default.
    Im a prepress bureau so get many file from difference sources
    I'll try ur suggest output the same res on my Dolev, curently I use 2032lpi, and the Tiff device 2400lpi

+ Reply to Thread