+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Preps - moving artwork inside container

Banned redlik is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Preps - moving artwork inside container

Hi,
    I've just started using Preps and not sure if there's an easier way to do this:
    I was ganging a sheet of b/cards but some of them were not 85x55 exactly in size. There was one that was send as a A4 page, with card placed not even in the centre, just randomly on a page. There were other without trim mark defined so they were larger than standard.
    Is there a way like, let say, in InDesign that you can move your artwork inside container without typing the offsets and checking if it falls into place?
    Also when doing autogang all my resizes got removed and I was back to A4's etc.
    Sorry for beginner's question, just started using the app.
    R.

PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by redlik View Post
    Hi,
    I've just started using Preps and not sure if there's an easier way to do this:
    I was ganging a sheet of b/cards but some of them were not 85x55 exactly in size. There was one that was send as a A4 page, with card placed not even in the centre, just randomly on a page. There were other without trim mark defined so they were larger than standard.
    Is there a way like, let say, in InDesign that you can move your artwork inside container without typing the offsets and checking if it falls into place?
    Also when doing autogang all my resizes got removed and I was back to A4's etc.
    Sorry for beginner's question, just started using the app.
    R.
    preps is an imposition software and not a layout programm! so you have to change your way of working.

make sure all your artwork files have the same trim box BEFORE you add them to preps imposition.

this saves you a lot of trouble! (e.g. you have to impose the same artwork for several jobs: in your way you have to define new offset values every time!)

Banned redlik is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

thnx

Thnx for the reply. As I said I've just started working with it, while before I've been using InDesign to impose jobs. Thus my mind is still thinking Adobe's way :-)

I need to play with it more to get the full potential, I guess.

R.

+ Reply to Thread