+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51

Thread: Preps 7

  1. #1
    Member printr00t will become famous soon enough printr00t will become famous soon enough printr00t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    177
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 119 Times in 57 Posts

    Preps 7

    Hi

    http://graphics.kodak.de/de/de/about_gcg/blog/article/get_ready_for_kodak_preps_software_7/default.htm

    also follow this link

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W70YBErBfU

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to printr00t For This Useful Post:

  3. #2
    Banned K3NS4N is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lima - PerĂº
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 13 Times in 5 Posts
    this software is available?

  4. #3
    Junior Member eskash is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
    when will be release of the preps 7?

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to eskash For This Useful Post:

  6. #4
    Donor enipeas is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    The preps 7 is out. The pc medicine for 6.2 it works ok.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to enipeas For This Useful Post:

  8. #5
    Junior Member eskash is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
    link plz

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to eskash For This Useful Post:

  10. #6
    PRC Member SimonCharlie will become famous soon enough SimonCharlie will become famous soon enough
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    291
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked 123 Times in 58 Posts
    Can anybody provide a download link(s) for both Mac and PC versions?

    Thanks

    Sc

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to SimonCharlie For This Useful Post:

  12. #7
    Rej
    Rej is online now
    Donor Rej will become famous soon enough Rej will become famous soon enough
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    91
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 90 Times in 37 Posts

    Preps 7

    The Mac medicine for 6.2 works ok with v7.

  13. #8
    Junior Member p4pe is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 12 Times in 3 Posts
    Hi,

    I have problem regarding preps 6 and preps 7. I have always d my files in preps 5.3 with print to ps option and then distilled it with acrobat distiller. Then I have RIP the files with Xitron Navigator and everything was fine. Now I have a problem with several files so far in preps 6 or 7. When I print to ps and distill them, I check in Acrobat and all files are in RGB color. But if I do the same job in preps 5.3, then everything is fine in CMYK, as it should be. Then I also tried same job in preps 6 and 7 to print directly to PDF. Again I check in Acrobat with pitstop and everything is in CMYK. I check also separations and all 4 colors are as it should be. But, when I RIP this jobs in Xitron Navigator, I again check separations with roaming and all my images in imposition has no black color. However all black text, marks and black colorbars are fine. Any else have this problems?

    Thanks in advance.

  14. #9
    Junior Member cicciodylan is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    link for mac please :)

  15. #10
    Junior Member eskash is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
    Mac :
    http://rapidshare.com/share/E7BF533689B4E2C87AA5D4C106898BD9
    The Mac Medecine for v6.2 work ok for v7

    Windows :
    http://rapidshare.com/share/7B95086AE81CED713E821061CB164E60
    The PC Medecine for Preps v6.2 work to

    Documentation :
    (User Guide, Quick Start Guide, Release Notes)
    http://rapidshare.com/share/99B72EF0B817FC6EED553F7216E1ABCD

  16. Your ad here

  17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eskash For This Useful Post:

  18. #11
    Member printr00t will become famous soon enough printr00t will become famous soon enough printr00t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    177
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 119 Times in 57 Posts

    Suggested Answer!

    Quote Originally Posted by p4pe View Post
    Hi,

    I have problem regarding preps 6 and preps 7. I have always d my files in preps 5.3 with print to ps option and then distilled it with acrobat distiller. Then I have RIP the files with Xitron Navigator and everything was fine. Now I have a problem with several files so far in preps 6 or 7. When I print to ps and distill them, I check in Acrobat and all files are in RGB color. But if I do the same job in preps 5.3, then everything is fine in CMYK, as it should be. Then I also tried same job in preps 6 and 7 to print directly to PDF. Again I check in Acrobat with pitstop and everything is in CMYK. I check also separations and all 4 colors are as it should be. But, when I RIP this jobs in Xitron Navigator, I again check separations with roaming and all my images in imposition has no black color. However all black text, marks and black colorbars are fine. Any else have this problems?

    Thanks in advance.

    Imposed pdf(s) just "Place (don't open pdf in illustrator)" in Illustrator and re-make the pdf again.
    it is d. Rip is showing well as per your intention.


    best Alley

  19. #12
    Junior Member p4pe is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 12 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by printr00t View Post
    Imposed pdf(s) just "Place (don't open pdf in illustrator)" in Illustrator and re-make the pdf again.
    it is d. Rip is showing well as per your intention.


    best Alley
    Thx for your answer.
    Yes I know I can do that, but that is not how it is supposed to work. Guess I will just have to use Preps 5.3 for some files.
    I also noticed that this problem usually happens when PDFs are made from coreldraw. Apparently I will have to check all pdfs that I recieve from customers and if they are made from coreldraw, than i will have to save them again as optimized in acrobat. Usually that works somehow
    However it is strange that there is such difference between preps 5.3 and 6/7, when I put same PDF.

  20. #13
    Member printr00t will become famous soon enough printr00t will become famous soon enough printr00t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    177
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 119 Times in 57 Posts

    Suggested Answer!

    Quote Originally Posted by p4pe View Post
    Thx for your answer.
    Yes I know I can do that, but that is not how it is supposed to work. Guess I will just have to use Preps 5.3 for some files.
    I also noticed that this problem usually happens when PDFs are made from coreldraw. Apparently I will have to check all pdfs that I recieve from customers and if they are made from coreldraw, than i will have to save them again as optimized in acrobat. Usually that works somehow
    However it is strange that there is such difference between preps 5.3 and 6/7, when I put same PDF.

    You do more thing in the Preps.

    Hit the Ctrl+P ----> in the "Imaging Option Area" Select the color handling "N".
    then check out in the rip.

    I hope this will help you.
    Last edited by printr00t; 10-24-2013 at 11:56 PM. Reason: spell mistake

  21. #14
    Junior Member p4pe is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 12 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by printr00t View Post
    You do more thing in the Preps.

    Hit the Ctrl+P ----> in the "Imaging Option Area" Select the color handling "N".
    then check out in the rip.

    I hope this will help you.

    Yes I have tried that also, but it doesn't help.
    Here is original and preps 7 printed to PS checked with enfocus inspector (first 2 pics)
    3rd picture is print directly to PDF from preps7 (it looks OK) and 4th picture is showing Navigator roaming and there is no black color in PDFs photos:





    And this 2 pics are from Preps 5.3.3 and this is how it should be :



    Sorry for long post.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to p4pe For This Useful Post:

  23. #15
    Member printr00t will become famous soon enough printr00t will become famous soon enough printr00t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    177
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 119 Times in 57 Posts

    Suggested Answer!

    Quote Originally Posted by p4pe View Post
    Yes I have tried that also, but it doesn't help.
    Here is original and preps 7 printed to PS checked with enfocus inspector (first 2 pics)
    3rd picture is print directly to PDF from preps7 (it looks OK) and 4th picture is showing Navigator roaming and there is no black color in PDFs photos:





    And this 2 pics are from Preps 5.3.3 and this is how it should be :



    Sorry for long post.
    ok

    let's more try in the RIP.

    Seperation Color & Screening

    Color --> Choose the New Color Management

    Check the Overried Color Management in the job

    Leaves the all other option and then OK and select that option then rip again.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to printr00t For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Preps 6.3
    By printr00t in forum Imposition & RiP
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 12-24-2014, 09:03 PM
  2. preps 6
    By alan2013 in forum Imposition & RiP
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2013, 10:15 AM
  3. [PC MAC] Preps 6.3
    By Bac_Cai in forum Installer or Patch Only
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-18-2012, 03:14 PM
  4. K for Preps 6.2
    By sambopen in forum Installer or Patch Only
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-10-2012, 10:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts