+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Onyx X10 & Designjet 800

Donor DarkLordNooblikon is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Onyx X10 & Designjet 800

Hi all

This is my very first post, in a completely new field (I know very little about print, but willing to learn) so I apologize if I seen a noob at all of this, because I am!

I have inherited a Designjet 800 and I am just playing about with it to try and understand a bit more about printing/ripping etc... To help me I would try a copy of Onyx PH X10 (which I DL'ed via another route prior to discovering this wonderful place) to see what it could do and of course, I have encountered a problem.

The Problem: No matter what I do I cannot get a print out of the printer. All seems to work fine, no errors and even the printer springs to life to give you a little hope it's going to do something, but, after less than a minute of the head moving a little bit (not a full move across the printer) it goes into a 5min drying time with nothing printed. All very strange.

I have scanned through as many posts as I can but not seen anything similar (apologize if I missed it!) so I wondered if any had any ideas what the issue might be?

It's running on Win 8 x64 in compatability mode (Win 7). I also have tried it on Win 7 on a VM and comparability XP.
    It's running across the nerk (not usb).
    Everything is run as administrator.
    I have followed the install instructions and run p.exe after installation of the printer profile from the Onyx website.
    I managed to get over the other error I had seen posted when the printer profile is not patched but now I am stumped.

Maybe I should start with a more simple RIP to understand the process?

Thanks in advance for any and all help or suggestions.

PRC Member alfasud will become famous soon enough alfasud's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordNooblikon View Post
    Hi all

This is my very first post, in a completely new field (I know very little about print, but willing to learn) so I apologize if I seen a noob at all of this, because I am!

I have inherited a Designjet 800 and I am just playing about with it to try and understand a bit more about printing/ripping etc... To help me I would try a copy of Onyx PH X10 (which I DL'ed via another route prior to discovering this wonderful place) to see what it could do and of course, I have encountered a problem.

The Problem: No matter what I do I cannot get a print out of the printer. All seems to work fine, no errors and even the printer springs to life to give you a little hope it's going to do something, but, after less than a minute of the head moving a little bit (not a full move across the printer) it goes into a 5min drying time with nothing printed. All very strange.

I have scanned through as many posts as I can but not seen anything similar (apologize if I missed it!) so I wondered if any had any ideas what the issue might be?

It's running on Win 8 x64 in compatability mode (Win 7). I also have tried it on Win 7 on a VM and comparability XP.
    It's running across the nerk (not usb).
    Everything is run as administrator.
    I have followed the install instructions and run p.exe after installation of the printer profile from the Onyx website.
    I managed to get over the other error I had seen posted when the printer profile is not patched but now I am stumped.

Maybe I should start with a more simple RIP to understand the process?

Thanks in advance for any and all help or suggestions.
    Without using the print rip, try to print as you would with a normal printer under Windows by installing the appropriate drivers. rip and win 8 /64 bit I think, maybe I'm wrong, it does not work on any.

Donor DarkLordNooblikon is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Thanks for the suggestion. The printer works fine in native Win 8 or 7. I can print from Photoshop no problem at all. The results to the untrained eye (mine) says it all looks good but I was just interested to see what difference RIP software would make. Also I wanted to look at nesting.

PRC Member alfasud will become famous soon enough alfasud's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordNooblikon View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. The printer works fine in native Win 8 or 7. I can print from Photoshop no problem at all. The results to the untrained eye (mine) says it all looks good but I was just interested to see what difference RIP software would make. Also I wanted to look at nesting.
    Perhaps the problem is Win8 64bit, I think but I would not make mistakes others can confirm, no rip works under Win8.

I use win xp, and ColorGATE with plotter epson.

+ Reply to Thread