+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Onyx RIP Media Profiles Question

Donor Sumpy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Onyx RIP Media Profiles Question

Forgive me for my ignorance, but I'm a little unfamiliar with RIP's in general, and was wondering how media profiles work for different paper/canvas types? Specifically, I've ordered some Satin Canvas, and the manufacturer doesn't seem to offer any Onyx profiles for the media. I've noticed the same for the Epson media I've purchased. I can get ICC profiles, but cannot seem to find profiles for Onyx.

How does this work exactly? Is it normal to not get an Onyx profile for media types? If so, do you create your own, or choose an existing profile and hope for the best?

Any tips / tricks / input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumpy View Post
    Forgive me for my ignorance, but I'm a little unfamiliar with RIP's in general, and was wondering how media profiles work for different paper/canvas types? Specifically, I've ordered some Satin Canvas, and the manufacturer doesn't seem to offer any Onyx profiles for the media. I've noticed the same for the Epson media I've purchased. I can get ICC profiles, but cannot seem to find profiles for Onyx.

How does this work exactly? Is it normal to not get an Onyx profile for media types? If so, do you create your own, or choose an existing profile and hope for the best?

Any tips / tricks / input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    this problem is not specific to onyx. this applies to all kind of rips. some media manufacturers offer a profile and some dont.

first you might try a similar profile from another manufacturer.
    you can adjust some color settings by visual reference.

if this doesnt fit your needs you have to create your own profile of course.
    icc profiles are not suitable since the max ink amount and printing parameters have to be determined first.

+ Reply to Thread