+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie Questions re best rip for mural size prints

Donor sumilux is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Newbie Questions re best rip for mural size prints

Hi,

I'm new to large format printing with a basic A1 HP designjet 100 which is a straight 4 colour printer.

I'd like to produce mural size prints using A1 size paper rolls which can be hung like wallpaper strips. Or I guess one could say I want to make DIY inkjet wall paper.

Which rip allows price control of image scaling so one can accurately reproduce an image several meters high and wide, while ensuring this can also be accurately printed in perfect registration for a wall size image with near invisible seams. Overlapping the paper would produce an pattern of vertical lines across the wall

Would also be great to have precise control over where the printer deposits ink along the paper edge so that registration perfect prints can be made.
    Is it even feasible to think in this direction or is overlap necessary when hanging billboard size murals with 26" wide strips

Any advice would be much appreciated.

With thanks.

Donor sumilux is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstefani View Post
    You can do it with Adobe supply as Photoshop or Fireworks.
    Photoshop makes sense. I'd however like to experiment with halftone patterns. I realise inkjets typically don't need to print halftones but I'd like it to do just that. Its a 4 colour inkjet.

Do I need some kind of halftone proofing software that can precisely print large images in sections which match register perfect?

Any suggestions for a rip / proofing software that runs on a perfectly capable late model G5 mac which I might as well put to some good use.

Any help appreciated.

froggy101
    Quote Originally Posted by sumilux View Post
    Photoshop makes sense. I'd however like to experiment with halftone patterns. I realise inkjets typically don't need to print halftones but I'd like it to do just that. Its a 4 colour inkjet.

Do I need some kind of halftone proofing software that can precisely print large images in sections which match register perfect?

Any suggestions for a rip / proofing software that runs on a perfectly capable late model G5 mac which I might as well put to some good use.

Any help appreciated.
    We produce custom wallpapers all the time from repetetive patterns to full images and photos. We use onyx postershop and caldera for our solvents but for inkjet printing we just print direct from coreldraw.

Junior Member Koala58 is on a distinguished road Koala58's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hello
    take a look to Rasterbator for what you want to do...
    Flexisign user

Junior Member geoman is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Wasatch SoftRip is a decent RIP for this kind of work. It supports tiling and to boot, has really excellent colour management capabilities.

Price needs to be considered here. This is from Wasatch.com

Wasatch SoftRIP

Large Format Edition: $2,995
    Small Format Edition: $1,195
    Desktop Edition: $595

+ Reply to Thread