+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Metadimension Remote Preview

Junior Member nexuschip is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Metadimension Remote Preview

I have installed and Metadimension 2011. It's working fine, and web interface accessed by "ip:8080" works fine too. But when im installing Metadimension on remote computer everything work except job preview. Can anyone help me with this problem. As it is very important to have job preview i think it's not logical that it would not work.

Donor Angen will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    Hi. Excuse me, your thread teached me about the Web UI (somthing i've been imaging only) the server ask me for user and password; i tried with some but we can't connect. Question: is there any user and pass different from Windows system?
    Thanks. Regards.

Thanks
    We are using
    Username:Admin
    Password:Admin
    Password is case sensytive s write big A not a.
    I think Heidelberg passwords are same for every system, so it should be it.
    Also you can go into your Metadimensions PrintManager then into Administration Tab(it's third tab)
    And there there are users, On the bottom user groups, so you can create your own user with specific permissions. I hope i helped.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nexuschip For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    OMG!!!!! it works!!! THANK YOU!!! (the technical service is very ignorant for not know this)

Thanks
    You also can install printmanager standalone edition(i think its same printmanager).
    And install it on as many computers as you like, just showing ip of server. The problem is, that this standalone printemanager works as great as the one on server, except for preview, it does not have one. The guy working for heidelberg, after trying for hour, said that there is no preview, but its quite illogical, and he did not seem very convincing, that's what my problem is here

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nexuschip View Post
    You also can install printmanager standalone edition(i think its same printmanager).
    And install it on as many computers as you like, just showing ip of server. The problem is, that this standalone printemanager works as great as the one on server, except for preview, it does not have one. The guy working for heidelberg, after trying for hour, said that there is no preview, but its quite illogical, and he did not seem very convincing, that's what my problem is here
    Yes. we have instaled the Print Manager in one PC (and has no preview neither).
    The Web Serve UI is greater and with preview and don't need much resources; don't have to be PC only (we are using it at Mac with Safary and Firefox)
    Today most of digital printers with rips has a server UI; so it surprised me that meta hasn't one (at least i didn't find until now)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Angen View Post
    Yes. we have instaled the Print Manager in one PC (and has no preview neither).
    The Web Serve UI is greater and with preview and don't need much resources; don't have to be PC only (we are using it at Mac with Safary and Firefox)
    Today most of digital printers with rips has a server UI; so it surprised me that meta hasn't one (at least i didn't find until now)
    We could've used web UI and be happy with it, but the problem is, that used interpretor CPSI rotates post script files by 90, whilt PDF-PE do not. And sometimes when using best fit, jobs are upside down, and need to be rotated which can't be done from remote preview.

Junior Member Mitester is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nexuschip View Post
    You also can install printmanager standal edition(i think its same printmanager).
    And install it on as many computers as you like, just showing ip of server. The problem is, that this standal printemanager works as great as the on server, except for preview, it does not have . The guy working for heidelberg, after trying for hour, said that there is no preview, but its quite illogical, and he did not seem very convincing, that's what my problem is here
    We stand at the same position. We need several comps with printmanager and preview to check and make corrections.
    Whatever in MetaDimension 6.5 and early remote prinmanagers had preview!
    We had to use remote desktop sessions on meta-server

+ Reply to Thread