+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Konica Minolta c6500 rip software

Donor kikepc is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Konica Minolta c6500 rip software

What is the current rip sotware I can install on a Konica Minolta C6500?

Junior Member Iceprojeckt is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hi,

Your 6500 should come with a RIP server, either EFI fiery IC-305 or Creo controller IC-304.
    I not sure what kind of rip that you looking at though..

Thanks
    I know, Efi Fiery IC-408 with system 8, but I want to know if I can install some updated system.

Thanks

Thanks
    So far I know that you can only install updates and patches within your system 8.

I'm not sure if the system bios on IC-408 will be able to recognize the system 9/ system 9R2/ system 10 disk, as fiery always lock their server bios to prevent modification.

Thanks
    Ok, thanks

Donor oxident will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    Interesting. Does any has more details about the way, the Fierys use their BIOS as a protection/data storage?

A long time ago, I've taken a deeper look into a bustled Fiery (Xerox DC250) and discovered that it seems the Fiery options (Productivity Package, ...) were also stored somehow inside the BIOS. That definitely makes sense because it's the only way, those options would survive a complete system restore.

So I guess the activation process is as follows: The dongle daemon (akusbd) is waiting until the user inserts a product option dongle. Then it reads out the information, write some bytes to the BIOS (where and what??) and finally "clears" the dongle.

What I'm really interested in is what kind of information exactly is stored inside the BIOS and if, theoretically, all Fiery system version are compatible with every kind of printer (controller interface). Then it would be just a matter of patching to make Version 10 work on KM C6500 (or even older Xerox machines).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oxident View Post
    Interesting. Does any has more details about the way, the Fierys use their BIOS as a protection/data storage?

I'm not sure on the real details . Sorry I cannot help you

A long time ago, I've taken a deeper look into a bustled Fiery (Xerox DC250) and discovered that it seems the Fiery options (Productivity Package, ...) were also stored somehow inside the BIOS. That definitely makes sense because it's the only way, those options would survive a complete system restore.

First Fiery have 2 types of dongle, 1st time activation dongle and Fiery options dongle.
    For those GA package you need to use 1st time activation dongle to activate the GA package options in BIOS. Once it activated you don't need your 1st time activation dongle anymore, you can keep as souvenir or trash away your 1st time activation dongle. Therefore every time you boot up your system BIOS will "act" as dongle.
    This is how Fiery lock their GA package options so it only can be used on specific server.

For Impose/compose options, it comes with normal dongle that you can move it around. Thats mean you can plug your impose/compose dongle to your own workstation. As long as you connected to any Fiery server that support impose/compose, you still able to use this dongle options to unlock the "demo" watermark.

For some specific Fiery system restore, Fiery will install all the options to the fiery partition. Thats why if you plug in your dongle options it can be use immediately.

So I guess the activation process is as follows: The dongle daemon (akusbd) is waiting until the user inserts a product option dongle. Then it reads out the information, write some bytes to the BIOS (where and what??) and finally "clears" the dongle.

not sure my explanation above is clear.. sorry for my bad english.

What I'm really interested in is what kind of information exactly is stored inside the BIOS and if, theoretically, all Fiery system version are compatible with every kind of printer (controller interface). Then it would be just a matter of patching to make Version 10 work on KM C6500 (or even older Xerox machines).

Yes you are right, the base system is the same, but OEM can choose what kind of "machine options" that they want to show in the command workstation, such as machine capabilities, how the way machine adjust the screening. It is all depend on OEM it self and Fiery will pack it into the OEM system for its individual model
    I hope that can answer you

Thanks
    Okay, thanks for making that clear. So I guess I have to figure out what exactly the Fiery system is writing to the BIOS when a GA dongle is inserted...

For the other kind of dongle (impose), fortunately, I've got an old DocBuilder-Dongle which also unlocks the impose functions. Maybe I can build an emulator out of this

Thanks
    I'm lucky having a Fiery system with Windows XP "under my control" so I started investigating. It seems quite logically what the system software does in order to find the activated features ... but it would be really helpful to get more information about the dongles.

Has any the ability to produce a dongle dump of an (un-)used activation dongle? Or some more details what exactly happens when you insert such a dongle? Does the printer print out a confirmation page or is something displayed on the LCD?

Junior Member nijebitno is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hmmmmm, It would be great if somebody can temper with bios to activate GA package on OEM rip. Its funny that for instance I pay fom KM c5501 and rip 23K Euro (brand new 2009 yp) and have to pay aditional 2000 eur for GA that allows me check box auto trapping that corrects miss registration of dot resulting in broken gradient when printing without it.

Thanks in advance if you sucseed.

11. Your ad here

Banned shopclues123 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Fiery IC-305 works

Junior Member dpro is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Fiery upgrade

You can upgrade your fiery software by purchasing a system software for your printer. Just do a search on ebay.com for fiery system software and you will get a vendor that can provide a cd system software for you printer and it will be done.

Hope this is of some use to you.

+ Reply to Thread