+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kodak Preps 5.3.3. imposition question

Junior Member maxy1279 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Kodak Preps 5.3.3. imposition question

Hi guys. I use Kodak preps 5.3.3 for imposition jobs and im having problem with one sort of imposition. At least i havent found a way to do it in one pass. If u make a folding dummy as described: take 3,4,5 or whatever number of sheets of paper, stack them on top of eachother and then fold that stack 3 times and number pages you'll get the imposition dummy. each sig should be 16 page sig-8 front, 8 back. Usualy i had to do this in 2 passes. firs i'd make a sadlle stiched sig of 4 pages sheetwise and then the 2nd pass cut and stack imposition. But is there any way to do this in one pass. Ill attache a 3 sheets imposed sample so you can see what i mean.
    48-pages-imposed_page_4-jpg48-pages-imposed_page_3-jpg48-pages-imposed_page_1-jpg48-pages-imposed_page_6-jpg48-pages-imposed_page_5-jpg48-pages-imposed_page_2-jpg

Donor TRAP is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Excuse me, but my poor english can't let me understand completely what you want to realise. Could you please specify to me hypotethically how the final product must be: e.g. how many pages, how it must be assembled?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    Excuse me, but my poor english can't let me understand completely what you want to realise. Could you please specify to me hypotethically how the final product must be: e.g. how many pages, how it must be assembled?
    The number of pages isnt metter. i just posted a 48 pages example. im not so much into post print work (assembling) so im not sure why printers demand this kind of imposition. i only know they want it when they'r making small amount of books. it's kind of cut and stack imposition but not exactly, like some peaces goes in revers order so needed to be fliped for assembly. sheets in example arent in right order but imposed pages are numberd good. if u make a dummy you'll see what i mean

Thanks
    If I've understood, this can help you
    immagine-6-pngimmagine-5-pngName:  Immagine 4.png
Views: 2358
Size:  44.3 KB

Thanks
    no, no. that is classic sadle stiched imposition, when you first fold every shit, put one in another and then cut. im my example your put sheet on sheet on sheet and so on...then you cut sheets and then stack group of pages on group of pages, but i explained how the folding dummy is made (in dummy you dont cut anything, just put sheet on sheet... and then fold all of that)

Thanks
    try again

immagine-2-png

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    try again

Attachment 910
    yes, that is one way. but thats almost like manual imposition. imagine having 10-15 sheets like that :S I tought more on some kind of automation like regular impositions where you populate 1 sheet and the rest is done automaticaly. I tought maybe using sections can help but im not sure how to do that.

Thanks
    Nobody can help with this? Come on ppl, this is realy geaving me a headache :(

Donor narayan is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I dont understand why somebody would impose this way. It will make the folding very poor as you have to fold 3 sheets 3 times. The creep would vary very much. Please consult with the Printer. BTH do you output film or CTP.

Junior Member dzan is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I have had to do simular impositions, I was wondering if anybody found a fix for this or if their is any new options in Preps 6 for doing this.

11. Your ad here

Member pepodos will become famous soon enough
    Thanks

Sorry I need more explanations

Hey.
    If I explain a little better the job you want to do the look I'm trying to help. But I understand what you do. My English is so hard trying to explain in simple words. Put for example you have to do 2564 pages to see the problems you speak of.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by narayan View Post
    I dont understand why somebody would impose this way. It will make the folding very poor as you have to fold 3 sheets 3 times. The creep would vary very much. Please consult with the Printer. BTH do you output film or CTP.
    I output to CTP, but it seams i wasnt clear enough. taking 3 shits (or any number of sheets) and folding them together is just for template purposes. at the end of printing you wouldnt fold all thoes sheets togedher, you would just cut them at thoes 3 folding posisions and put each pile of sheets on top of each other.

+ Reply to Thread