+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello - Question: I need to create a PDF FILE from an existing Preps Job/Signature?

ELI
    Junior Member ELI is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Hello - Question: I need to create a PDF FILE from an existing Preps Job/Signature?

I am new here

Does any know how to create a PDF FILE from an existing Preps Job/Signature?

I need to creat a booklet to check my Impo.

Any ideas?

Thanks

PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI View Post

I am new here

Does any know how to create a PDF FILE from an existing Preps Job/Signature?

I need to creat a booklet to check my Impo.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    maybe with preps???

ELI
    Thanks

Hello Spider !

- And how do I do that?

- Can you be more specific?

- I do not want to creat another signature because then I will never know if me existing signature is good for work!

- Any ideas?

THANKS

PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Thanks
    - And how do I do that?

- Can you be more specific?

- I do not want to creat another signature because then I will never know if me existing signature is good for work!

- Any ideas?

THANKS
    you have to be more specific. its the main purpose of preps to write imposed pdfs for plate making.

just print out the imposed pdf on a laser printer or ink jet (imposition proof) and see if your signature is fine.

ELI
    Thanks

Explanation by Example

If I have 16 pages of A5 in 640mmx900mm Work&turn Signature (Left = A side = Pages 1,4,5,8,9,12,13,16).
    So after I am d creating a PDF file from the Preps I do print it to a printer HP1050, and then I need to fold the paper till I have a "A5 Magazine".

What I want to do is to use a small A3 printer (for example K8600) that I have and to print on both side of the A3 the same pages that apears on the 640mmx900mm Work&turn Signature.

That means that after printing it to A3 printer the FRONT FIRST A3 page will contain pages 1 & 16 and the BACK of this A3 will contain pages 2 & 15 (like a Booklet).
    This option will "save" me from folding the 640x900mm paper and also will CHECK MY 640x900mm NUMBERING (will check that my numbers are in the CORRECT place & order).

I hope my example is clear enough

I am sure that somewher out there is a softwear or an option to do it.

ANY IDEAS?

Thanks
    If I have 16 pages of A5 in 640mmx900mm Work&turn Signature (Left = A side = Pages 1,4,5,8,9,12,13,16).
    So after I am d creating a PDF file from the Preps I do print it to a printer HP1050, and then I need to fold the paper till I have a "A5 Magazine".

What I want to do is to use a small A3 printer (for example K8600) that I have and to print on both side of the A3 the same pages that apears on the 640mmx900mm Work&turn Signature.

That means that after printing it to A3 printer the FRONT FIRST A3 page will contain pages 1 & 16 and the BACK of this A3 will contain pages 2 & 15 (like a Booklet).
    This option will "save" me from folding the 640x900mm paper and also will CHECK MY 640x900mm NUMBERING (will check that my numbers are in the CORRECT place & order).

I hope my example is clear enough

I am sure that somewher out there is a softwear or an option to do it.

ANY IDEAS?
    what you are looking for is called de-imposition. it is available as an additional option in some workflows. it allows you for example to deimpose your 8-up sheet to 2-up print outs but you cant tell afterwards if your 8-up folding scheme was correct since there are several ways of folding an 8-up.

ELI
    Thanks

I believe you are right

I believe you are right.

Any known software that can take the info DIRECT from the Preps template and print it to a Booklet ?

ELI
    Thanks

NOTE: When I wrote Direct I meant . . .

When I wrote Direct I meant that IF I have a numbering mistake on the "BIG" signature I would like to see it in my A3 Booklet

ELI
    Thanks

By the Way: Does the option of DE-IMPOSING . . .

By the Way: Does the option of DE-IMPOSING available on KODAK PRINERGY EVO platform?

Junior Member SpyrosTheBest is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hello Eli...

The best and secure way is to print an imposition proof...

For A3 sized output, in order to check pagination and imposition,
    I would suggest to print a scaled-down print-out from the 94x90 pdf directly
    glue it, fold it and check everything from the scaled "improof"...

I think it's the right way to check everything
    without assembling and disassembling the whole thing.

If not, you can get the kodak "Digital Blueline Proofing (Signature Booklet)"
    license for Prinergy.

11. Your ad here

+ Reply to Thread