+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heidelberg Quicksetter 5800 & HQ RIP 8.3

Donor semal is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Heidelberg Quicksetter 5800 & HQ RIP 8.3

Hi! There Heidelberg Quicksetter 5800. Previously, he worked under WindowsNT + QuickRip 5.3. How to make him work in WindowsXP + HQ Rip 8.3 or similar RIP?

Moderator kazanchi has a spectacular aura about kazanchi has a spectacular aura about
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by semal View Post
    Hi! There Heidelberg Quicksetter 5800. Previously, he worked under WindowsNT + QuickRip 5.3. How to make him work in WindowsXP + HQ Rip 8.3 or similar RIP?
    As I know QuickRIP from Heidelberg has very special output plugin. This plugin works only with this version of RIP. But this version (Quick RIP 5.3) works perfectly under Windows 2000. And you can find proper [almoust] modern hardware for it (i.e last Pentium 4 processor's motherboards).
    And you can use HQ-RIP 8.3 under XP on the other comp and use your old RIP as spooler only (see forum).

Donor duweisoon is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    u need to get install quicksetter first n get the driver for your qucksetter then copy it to new rip 8. but i tested some able to work with win2000, n some only work with winnt 4.0 only. i don't know why...maybe is the qucksetter firmware thats cause it's not support win2000. but definately u can run with rip 8 with winnt4.

PRC Member saifou will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    hi
    the 5.3 rip run perfectly under nt4 and 2k server
    the problem is scsi api under 2k3 and xp fail to dowload to engine

Free-daemon
    Hello!
    I need driver for Windows XP for the Ultre5800. Windows XP install Ultre as Universal Printing Device and HQ RIP 8.0 don't found the Quicksetter.

Thanks
    problem with xp scsi api an 5800 plugin
    xp is not supported with pluguin from 5.3 from heidelberg

Junior Member Jojo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Cool Heidelberg Quicksetter 5800 using QuickRIP 5.3 on XP

I registered just to help you guys using QuickRIP 5.3 on Windows XP.

I encountered a communication problem with the RIP and the Imagesetter itself, the RIP can't find the Quicksetter and I found out why. It was a hardware driver confusion on the part of XP.

Since XP detected the Quicksetter as a printer on the SCSI port, it installed a driver for it. The driver conflicts with RIP thus, it can't find the Imagesetter.

What needed to be done is disable the "Generic Printer" that XP installed and let the RIP find the Imagesetter by itself.

This is how: Go to Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Device Manager.

In the Device Manager look for IEEE 1394 and SCCI printer, click on it and it will scroll down to show a Generic Printer. Right click on the icon and choose disable. Then restart your computer.

This will resolve the problem and the QuickRIP would be able to connect to the Quicksetter. :D

Thanks
    hi jojo
    i know about this procedure and not working in xp and 2003 server
    this work under 2000server only, my be your configuration permit this workaround
    how know

Junior Member sim2print is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Ultre 5400

I have ULTRE 5400.
    Some time ago it works on UltreRIP 4.1 and old nt4 machine.
    Now HQ RIP 9.0 and win2k server (may be saifou tells true I don`t try on XP) on new machine with same plugin S-ULTRE.I32 and SCSI drivers distributed with old RIP.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
    I registered just to help you guys using QuickRIP 5.3 on Windows XP.

I encountered a communication problem with the RIP and the Imagesetter itself, the RIP can't find the Quicksetter and I found out why. It was a hardware driver confusion on the part of XP.

Since XP detected the Quicksetter as a printer on the SCSI port, it installed a driver for it. The driver conflicts with RIP thus, it can't find the Imagesetter.

What needed to be done is disable the "Generic Printer" that XP installed and let the RIP find the Imagesetter by itself.

This is how: Go to Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Device Manager.

In the Device Manager look for IEEE 1394 and SCCI printer, click on it and it will scroll down to show a Generic Printer. Right click on the icon and choose disable. Then restart your computer.

This will resolve the problem and the QuickRIP would be able to connect to the Quicksetter. :D
    I have solved this problem with DevCon utility
    [URL="http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311272"]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311272[/URL]
    Copy devcon.exe in windows folder
    Start the policy editor of the local group: Start Menu > Run > Type gpedit.msc
    Go to Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Scripts (Startup/Shutdown)
    Double click on Stop system
    Click Add > Browse and select the script:
    c:\remGPrinter.bat
    With one line:
    Something like this: devcon remove Generic Printer* (will looking on my own soon)
    It will remove Generic Printer on every reboot of system
    --
    I used your method (delete Printer before reboot) for first time too, but it so uncomfortably

11. Your ad here

Junior Member Jojo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Well I did not delete the Generic Printer, only disabled it. If you delete it, XP will only install it again every time it detects the Imagesetter, so the problem would still be there every boot. But if you just disable it, you will prevent XP from reading from that driver. I also have no need to download anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by sim2print View Post
    I have solved this problem with DevCon utility
    [URL="http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311272"]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311272[/URL]
    Copy devcon.exe in windows folder
    Start the policy editor of the local group: Start Menu > Run > Type gpedit.msc
    Go to Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Scripts (Startup/Shutdown)
    Double click on Stop system
    Click Add > Browse and select the script:
    c:\remGPrinter.bat
    With one line:
    Something like this: devcon remove Generic Printer* (will looking on my own soon)
    It will remove Generic Printer on every reboot of system
    --
    I used your method (delete Printer before reboot) for first time too, but it so uncomfortably

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
    Well I did not delete the Generic Printer, only disabled it. If you delete it, XP will only install it again every time it detects the Imagesetter, so the problem would still be there every boot. But if you just disable it, you will prevent XP from reading from that driver. I also have no need to download anything.
    Really your way is shorter and more simple. Tnx

+ Reply to Thread