+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EFI Rip (Mac) for HP Designjet 10PS

Junior Member AndrasJ is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

EFI Rip (Mac) for HP Designjet 10PS

Hi,

Great site! :)

Just got a trashed HP Designjet 10ps and spent a week to take it apart using the downloaded service guide, then fixing broken parts etc. The printer is finally working!

I have a Mac Mini (Late2009) running OSX SL 10.6.6. I was able to install and run the old HP Rip software v2.1 using some workaround guides available on internet. But the printer would not print a single drop of ink. :( I think the driver is not compatible with SnowLeo. I've tried the Designjet30 driver as well with no luck and I can't find the latest v3.3 on HP's site.

I understand that EFI colorproof XF 4.5 is supporting the Designjet 10PS.
    According to forum rules I must have 20 posts to access the Printing Resource Center.
    I can not see how could I make it there as I have no experience in any software/hardware related topics to advise or help. All I can offer is the 10PS' service guide if someone could point me where and how to upload or make it public.

I really like to see my printer outputting nice pages after spending long evenings to fix it. Is there a way that I can get a download link (filesharing sites?) for EFI Colorproof XF 4.5 (Mac)?

Thanks for reading,
    Andras

Junior Member artech03 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    for some reason it wont accept a refill hp ink cartridge. do i have to install a special software for this?

Junior Member dumpboy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    as i know the EFI rip need the usb dongle
    so you can't only download the software, or you found any crack version?

Thanks
    I got the EFI Rip from another source with crack. I'm having the 20024 error as other members of this community. By forcing the service to start manually the EFI rip starts as well.
    I can print now but I only have yellow and black colors on the printouts. I tried to put them printheads on wet cloth to start the inkflow. All printheads seemed to be okay as they soaked the cloth pretty well. But I could print only yellow and black.

I think the printer stood for to long in one place. There is a ink blockage somewhere inside the printer.

I would go through a thorough cleaning if someone could tell what to do. I already disassembled and put it together, but I have no experience where to look to fix this ink blockage.

Cheers

Thanks
    Still looking for someone who could help me to get this HP DesignJet 10PS running.
    Hopefully someone having loads of experience servicing these kind of printers.
    It's becoming a do or die thing for me. I don't like to give up. I have to fix it.

henesy
    Quote Originally Posted by artech03 View Post
    for some reason it wont accept a refill hp [URL="http://www.tonerzone.com/"]ink cartridge[/URL]. do i have to install a special software for this?
    I have read from another forum that there is a special tool for this. I don't think it is a software though..
    Last edited by henesy; 09-20-2011 at 10:40 PM.

Junior Member jimmymarbles is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    So did you ever get your Designjet 10ps running well?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrasJ View Post
    Hi,

Great site! :)

Just got a trashed HP Designjet 10ps and spent a week to take it apart using the downloaded service guide, then fixing broken parts etc. The printer is finally working!

I have a Mac Mini (Late2009) running OSX SL 10.6.6. I was able to install and run the old HP Rip software v2.1 using some workaround guides available on internet. But the printer would not print a single drop of ink. :( I think the driver is not compatible with SnowLeo. I've tried the Designjet30 driver as well with no luck and I can't find the latest v3.3 on HP's site.

I understand that EFI colorproof XF 4.5 is supporting the Designjet 10PS.
    According to forum rules I must have 20 posts to access the Printing Resource Center.
    I can not see how could I make it there as I have no experience in any software/hardware related topics to advise or help. All I can offer is the 10PS' service guide if someone could point me where and how to upload or make it public.

I really like to see my printer outputting nice pages after spending long evenings to fix it. Is there a way that I can get a download link (filesharing sites?) for EFI Colorproof XF 4.5 (Mac)?

Thanks for reading,
    Andras

Junior Member olivier007 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Try printfab.

Hoca
    You can donate!

+ Reply to Thread