+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Colorgate Productionserver 7 compatibility with EFI ES-1000 Spectrophotome​ter

Junior Member mcblogiz is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Question Colorgate Productionserver 7 compatibility with EFI ES-1000 Spectrophotome​ter

Hi
    Someday i searched some new stuff on ebay and found some offers to sell efi ES-1000 Spectrophotome​ter
    Price range of these devices are between 200~300 dollars. The main question is.. Are this device is compatible with colorgate productionhouse 7 software? I watched supported devices list and there is only i1 PRO, but i think these devices are very similar.
    Any good ideas?

p.s. some links to offers

[url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/EFI-color-profiler-suite-with-EFI-ES-1000-/251197602194?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7c8b 3992[/url]

[url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/EFI-ES-1000-Spectrophotometer-GregtagMacbeth-UV-ColorProof-XF-NICE-LOOK-/261138500772?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ccd11 4ca4[/url]

PRC Member alfasud will become famous soon enough alfasud's Avatar
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=mcblogiz;63086]Hi
    Someday i searched some new stuff on ebay and found some offers to sell efi ES-1000 Spectrophotome​ter
    Price range of these devices are between 200~300 dollars. The main question is.. Are this device is compatible with colorgate productionhouse 7 software?

Yes.
    The efi es-1000 is = x-rite i1pro, built by xrite branded efi.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to alfasud For This Useful Post:

Donor oxident will become famous soon enough
    Thanks
    But I'm unsure if the ES-1000 needs to be somehow "activated" in order to use it for do "paper color measurements".

I also bought from eBay and there were significant problems with it:

First, the cradle hasn't got a white point reference in it so officially I would have to buy a new calibrated cradle which costs about 300 EUR. At the moment I'm simply calibrating the ES-1000 using a bright white paper, hoping that it's sufficient.

The second problem is that some applications (like ProfileMaker or Colorgate?!) seem to check wheter the ES-1000 is "unlocked" for the required type of measurement. ProfileMaker, for example, refuses to work with my ES-1000 because it's only activated for measuring displays. The Fiery Color Profiler Suite and EFI Fiery Calibrator, on the other hand, work without problems...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oxident View Post
    But I'm unsure if the ES-1000 needs to be somehow "activated" in order to use it for do "paper color measurements".

I also bought from eBay and there were significant problems with it:

First, the cradle hasn't got a white point reference in it so officially I would have to buy a new calibrated cradle which costs about 300 EUR. At the moment I'm simply calibrating the ES-1000 using a bright white paper, hoping that it's sufficient.

The second problem is that some applications (like ProfileMaker or Colorgate?!) seem to check wheter the ES-1000 is "unlocked" for the required type of measurement. ProfileMaker, for example, refuses to work with my ES-1000 because it's only activated for measuring displays. The Fiery Color Profiler Suite and EFI Fiery Calibrator, on the other hand, work without problems...
    Free to use it you need to update the firmware is not brand efi

Junior Member mcblogiz is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    What do you have in your mind?
    Is there ability to update efi's device firmware to full working i1pro ?

Thanks
    Interesting point. There are many apps out there which store there licensing info directly in the i1-device. Don't think some can break this or re-flash the ES-1000 as it is also acting as a dongle.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mcblogiz View Post
    What do you have in your mind?
    Is there ability to update efi's device firmware to full working i1pro ?
    Run the X-Rite ToolCrib application and read the existing firmware, ver. 1,04 or 1,06 (I try to see if I have a good for you).
    Last edited by alfasud; 12-13-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Thanks
    Hmm, always thought this is only for the DTP-series...

PRC Member lessbones is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    thats super strange, as far as i'm aware there shouldn't be anything else inside the Eye- that would control functional limitations... For profilemaker pro you are supposed to have a dongle to activate all functions, does this activation error you are getting occur with the cracked version of profilemaker pro? Since the regular x-rite eye- pro was always the same hardware between different levels of software package, I'd be really surprised if there was some way EFI was able to lock the device down in that way.

for example, the NEC branded i1display is exactly the same as the x-rite branded , the Coloreyes branded DTP94 is the same hardware as the MonacoOptix version, etc...

Thanks
    Well, you can easily verify this by running the i1-diagnostic utility. It shows you the "licenses" stored in the device.

If you don't have a "printer" license, apps like Eye-Match refuse to work (telling you that this i1-pro isn't licensed). EFI's own Color Profiler Suite also only runs in demo-mode if there's no license on the device.

ProfileMaker somehow won't measure (w/o error-msg) on my ES-1000. Just my i1-Display and DTP42 work ... but it's a patched version anyway.

Don't get me wrong: The device isn't limited. Just applications which utilize this feature may become limited :-(

12. Your ad here

Banned brian snail is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Colorgate Productionserver 7 compatibility with EFI ES-1000 Spectrophotome​ter

You could also use the Open Source program ArgyllCMS from

Code:
    Only the registered members can see the download links/content. please Register to gain full access.

Banned brian snail is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Colorgate Productionserver 7 compatibility with EFI ES-1000 Spectrophotome​ter

Make sure you are using the latest ProfileMaker v5.0.10 it works with my EFI ES-1000 Spectrophotome​ter.

Donor boesermichl is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    EFI ES1000 IS compatible to PS7. As used by myself.

+ Reply to Thread