+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AGFA Accuset 1200 with internal RIP STAR 200

Junior Member aelorenzo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

AGFA Accuset 1200 with internal RIP STAR 200

Dear forum members,

This is my first post, so be nice with me, :-). Cheating just a bit.

I am trying to run a second hand Accuset 1200 STAR 200 RIP. It is in really good condition and laser, electronics and mechanic are fine.

The main problem is the software. I don't have any CDROM (PSE environment, setup tools, etc) of the machine.

I am trying to print out huge vector files, so I need more free space in the RIP hard disk.

How can I achieve it? I could delete the fonts stored but I don't have them in CDROM or other format, and also I could have problems restoring the PSE environment. I have just MC Calibrator.

Sumarizing:

- How can I get more free space in the RIP for allocating huge jobs?
    - What's the best place to share software in this forum?
    - I need the STAR RIP software, PSE environment, AgfaSet, EDF files, etc. Anybody out there has any clue about where to get it?

I was succesful configuring it in Linux environment and windows. So I could help in this way.

Thank you in advance

Junior Member aelorenzo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I have been looking for the Accuset software and I don't have any clue about where to get it. Maybe some could help us. BTW, we are in Spain.

Thank you all, regards

Junior Member makutzi is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

AgfaSET and Calibrator

Hi there - I have a similar problem and managed to source some Agfa software for the PC: Agfaset and Calibrator - really small files. As far as I know I do not have privileges here yet to post software and links. Not sure how to then get these to you - perhaps via e-mail (which is how I got them)

PRC Member ChristianSTG will become famous soon enough
    Thanks

Wath software you need?

The hardware Rip work over Apletalk protocol, if you problem is Print, from mac or windows, this Rip work over ethernet, and apletalk protocol, if you need print from Mac need 10.58or less, and if you need print from PC need some server version 2000, 2003 or 2008 with print service for macintosh installed.

If you need calibrate, the only way is Agfaset, but this work over same way, PC need some server version 2000, 2003 or 2008 with print service for macintosh installed.

Or MAc version of Agfaset, work with older mac g4 and OS 9.2.2

Junior Member makutzi is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Agfaset and calibrator for mac

Thanks for all the info. We have an older mac and also a windows server 2000. I have also gotten the Agfaset and calibrator software for the PC - urgently need the same for MAC.

I tried to connect to the RIP with the PC but to no avail. The biggest problem at present is that we do not know what the IP address is of the RIP. We also have no software for the RIP at all. Some person installed and set up the RIP and has unfortunately passed away last year - this was the only person in the know here.

Buying an interface card and a software rip is the very last resort for us as this option is quite expensive ( the exchnage rate is not in our favour). The other option would be to re-configure the rip again - assign new IP addresses etc so we know who is who on the nerk...

Anny suggestions or even help is welcome

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by makutzi View Post
    Thanks for all the info. We have an older mac and also a windows server 2000. I have also gotten the Agfaset and calibrator software for the PC - urgently need the same for MAC.

I tried to connect to the RIP with the PC but to no avail. The biggest problem at present is that we do not know what the IP address is of the RIP. We also have no software for the RIP at all. Some person installed and set up the RIP and has unfortunately passed away last year - this was the only person in the know here.

Buying an interface card and a software rip is the very last resort for us as this option is quite expensive ( the exchnage rate is not in our favour). The other option would be to re-configure the rip again - assign new IP addresses etc so we know who is who on the nerk...

Anny suggestions or even help is welcome
    The rip not have IP adress, work over old apletalk protocol, you need have windows 2000 machine, with service and printservice for macintosch installed, wen you have this, you can ADD new printer, in this stage, wen ask by local or remote you select LOCAL, in second stage, ask by port, in the down drop text you can see Apletalk port, you put this and automatic the computar scan all apletal device, of coourse you old Rip need are run before of this, if the device is Start, and run, and cct to the ethernet nerk, you can see this in the list wen windows scan the lan. now you select this, and acept, now you have printer, and apletalk por configurated, in the next step, the asistant ask for the driver, you can select the generic Agfa driver, work fine, and OK, you apletalk printer work.

now in advances options, you can select the correct RIp model Start Taipan or you model, this estep is necesary , if not , wen you print large files, the rip show error, or ofending command.

enjoy

Thanks

think more, the Agfa CAL only work in OS 9.2

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianSTG View Post
    The rip not have IP adress, work over old apletalk protocol, you need have windows 2000 machine, with service and printservice for macintosch installed, wen you have this, you can ADD new printer, in this stage, wen ask by local or remote you select LOCAL, in second stage, ask by port, in the down drop text you can see Apletalk port, you put this and automatic the computar scan all apletal device, of coourse you old Rip need are run before of this, if the device is Start, and run, and cct to the ethernet nerk, you can see this in the list wen windows scan the lan. now you select this, and acept, now you have printer, and apletalk por configurated, in the next step, the asistant ask for the driver, you can select the generic Agfa driver, work fine, and OK, you apletalk printer work.

now in advances options, you can select the correct RIp model Start Taipan or you model, this estep is necesary , if not , wen you print large files, the rip show error, or ofending command.

enjoy

think more, the Agfa CAL only work in OS 9.2

+ Reply to Thread