+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 7900

Junior Member malform is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Hello to all..

Im hoping I can get some good advice here.

We are upgrading from 4 epson 1100 sublimation printers to an epson 7900. Im confused about switching it over to sublimation.

A supplier we use gave me 2 options, is CMYK and uses 5 cartridges (with 2 blacks). The other option uses 8 cartridges with various other "light" colors and whatnot. My question is, the printer uses 11 cartridges, what is d with the empty slots? And, do I "need" a rip software to print with less than 11 cartridges? Or will the normal print software cover this?

PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by malform View Post
    Hello to all..

Im hoping I can get some good advice here.

We are upgrading from 4 epson 1100 sublimation printers to an epson 7900. Im confused about switching it over to sublimation.

A supplier we use gave me 2 options, is CMYK and uses 5 cartridges (with 2 blacks). The other option uses 8 cartridges with various other "light" colors and whatnot. My question is, the printer uses 11 cartridges, what is d with the empty slots? And, do I "need" a rip software to print with less than 11 cartridges? Or will the normal print software cover this?
    ask your supplier!

does he only want to sell ink or does he give good support to get satisfied customers?

Junior Member malform is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    They do tend to be very good with support, and have treated us well in the time we have been dealing with them.

I did ask him yesterday, and he wasnt completely sure and is currently checking on it for me... I guess Im just being a little impatient... But I really want to be up and running asap with this 7900. lol

PRC Member johnlongthomas is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    buy a 7700/9700 - it is exactly the same machine with 5 colours only and costs less and runs much faster

Junior Member toto81 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    2x CMYK can be useful to put a lot of ink (good in direct-to-textile) but I don't think it's useful if you have a good rip.
    Light colors can improve visual quality but it's definitely useless in sublimation...
    The 11th slot is for matt black
    It could be useful to keep a color if you need white in the future..!

+ Reply to Thread