+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Uncompressed streamed page content

Junior Member esku is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Uncompressed streamed page content

Hi folks,

I've been having an issue printing a PDF on a Xerox machine DFE connected. An image, just an image, dissapear. The problem is that image is repeated every other pages. I've been speaking with Xerox and they have told, the problem is due to an internal PDF library because it does not support "uncompressed streamed page content", but I don't know what it means, can anybody help me to understand what does it mean?

It this is not the right forum let me know please.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by esku; 12-21-2015 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Missing info.

PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by esku View Post
    Hi folks,

I've been having an issue printing a PDF on a Xerox machine DFE connected. An image, just an image, dissapear. The problem is that image is repeated every other pages. I've been speaking with Xerox and they have told, the problem is due to an internal PDF library because it does not support "uncompressed streamed page content", but I don't know what it means, can anybody help me to understand what does it mean?

It this is not the right forum let me know please.

Thanks in advance.
    what RIP is in front of the machine?

Thanks
    Xerox FreeFlow Print Server but not the last one. Currently xerox is working with FFPS v9 over Solaris but I'm working with v7 and there are no possibility to upgrade.

kind regards.
    Last edited by esku; 12-21-2015 at 09:41 AM.

PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by esku View Post
    Xerox FreeFlow Print Server but not the last one. Currently xerox is working with FFPS v9 over Solaris but I'm working with v7 and there are no possibility to upgrade.

kind regards.
    mmhh, i dont know this server but in mosts rips you can switch from PDF to PostScript for internal processing. this might help if you have that function.

Thanks
    thanks Spider. I suggest to developers to increase the PDF version becasue I've been reading version 1.5 or higher does not use uncompressed streamed page content, streamed page content are compressed ??¿¿??¿¿

+ Reply to Thread