+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Save ppf file in a Heidelberg's card (PCMCIA)???

Junior Member Bran is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Save ppf file in a Heidelberg card

If you want to ink preset ink fountains for your Heidelberg press I am sure you can either try the original Heidelberg solution (Prepress Interface + OmniDrive) which works offline and cost something or the alternative online solutions from Printflow, Xitron or InkZone. These all use online job card emulators for transferring ink preset data to in the Heidelberg format.
    I do not think that PressPercent can do the same.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bran For This Useful Post:

Donor Chapadiscos is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cits View Post
    Did you try to save PressPerCent's ink key files to Omnidrive's LF Reader/Writer via some Windows environment such as "Parallels Desktop", etc.?

My main objective is to achieve the task with as least investment as possible, and Prepress Interface from Heidelberg will definitely cost you a bomb!
    My dear friend the only way to read/write in a Heidelberg Job Card that I know is through Heidelberg Prepress Interface. With this software you can save the PPF file in a USB memory too (Heidelberg's press version upper than V08A), you don't have to buy the omnidrive USB

Junior Member rooftop is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Hi There,

There is a HDM Prepress Interface V.4.x for the Press Center (v.08.xx), HDM has change the ink data format to UNIX based compression and XML data. This version support USB Memory for data transfer.

While for the CP2000 Center the only possibility is using v.3.x (the last version is v.3.3 which support USB OmniDrive)

You need to see what type is your press console.... CP2000 Center or Press Center...

The other way is to use Prinect Pressroom Manager to write the HDM Job Memory card.

rgds

Junior Member cits is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bran View Post
    If you want to ink preset ink fountains for your Heidelberg press I am sure you can either try the original Heidelberg solution (Prepress Interface + OmniDrive) which works offline and cost something or the alternative online solutions from Printflow, Xitron or InkZone. These all use online job card emulators for transferring ink preset data to in the Heidelberg format.
    I do not think that PressPercent can do the same.
    I have CP2000 Print Console and Press Centre but both do not have the PrePress Interface. Could you please advise me which solution is best fit for me? Of course, I am aiming at the most cost-effective solution.

TIA!

Junior Member rooftop is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    If you have both CP2000 Center and Press Center, you can use HDM Prinect Prepress Interface v.4.x. The software support both center. (PCMCIA and USB Memory)

Or with the old Prepress Interface v.3.x and you ask HDM to install the PCMCIA card reader to your Press Center so it will read the USB Memory and also HDM Job Memory Card. CP2000 Center always have PCMCIA reader as default.

Inkzone Box support Job memory card only. While Press Percent only work if you enabled the Present Link/Instant Gate in your center.

rgds

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rooftop For This Useful Post:

Junior Member Bran is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapadiscos View Post
    My dear friend the only way to read/write in a Heidelberg Job Card that I know is through Heidelberg Prepress Interface. With this software you can save the PPF file in a USB memory too (Heidelberg's press version upper than V08A), you don't have to buy the omnidrive USB

Of course Heidelberg has its own solution but there are also other, the third party solutions which can calculate ink coverage information from PPF, 1bit TIF, PDF... format data and are able to write ink preset information in job cards in the Heidelberg format
    (DIPS Box from Printflow or InkZone Box from Digital Information). The other alternative
    is to transfer ink preset data through job card or tape emulators ( 1.02, 1.03, 1.04 Classic and CP2000 consoles). This solution is offered by Printflow, Xitron and Digital Information.

Junior Member 77alex77 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

How to connect the original Heidelberg card reader to PC ?

I have the original Heidelberg card reader. This is a spare device to the console 1.03. To the console it is connected by a train of 10 wires. Among the OmniDrive card readers are devices that operate through a COM-port or printer port. Maybe my device too with this interface. If someone had a similar problem and knows how to connect a Card Reader to a PC, then tell me how to do this, please.

Donor Chapadiscos is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 77alex77 View Post
    I have the original Heidelberg card reader. This is a spare device to the console 1.03. To the console it is connected by a train of 10 wires. Among the OmniDrive card readers are devices that operate through a COM-port or printer port. Maybe my device too with this interface. If someone had a similar problem and knows how to connect a Card Reader to a PC, then tell me how to do this, please.
    Sorry, my Omnidrive card reader is connected by USB :(

Junior Member mfy2010 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    there is driver in the ppi, the card has max 50 jobs.

Donor luzterin is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Original Heidelber Prepress Interface Version 3.3

If somebody wish to bay original Heidelberg Prepress Interface software version 3.3 - [email protected]

13. Your ad here

PRC Member caledion will become famous soon enough caledion's Avatar
    Thanks
    there is no commercial area!

hustleruk
    i've been using prepress interface with omnidrive for the past 5 years, the computer running it died the other day and the pressman didn't know what to do was nearly in tears until i got it running again!!!

smbdy

You need Prepress Interface and a special Drive for this "Job Memory Cards"

Hi,

first, you need a special drive for this "Job Memory Cards". They look like normal PCMCIA cards, but are in a special format.

If you have the special drive (I think, it's called "OmniDrive"), and only need the drivers, then try this:

http://www.2shared.com/file/NCAVB9Hw/PPIFlashCardDriver230LPT.html

If you have the drive and the correct driver, then you normaly need "Prepress Interface" (v3.x - 10) to write the Jobs to the cards. I don't think you can write the Jobs without PrepressInterface to the cards, e.g. only via Windows.

Junior Member 77alex77 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

We take six months

For a long time I thought what decision to take. It was decided to apply PressPerCent This program creates from CIP3 files the card image files for printing machines of many manufacturers. For the record cards for Heidelberg CD102 first time I used the old laptop, which can record cards PCMCI LinearFlash. A program to record: Elan Memory Card Explorer. But the laptop quickly broke down. We bought OmniDrive USB LF.
    It is important that the title card reader letters were LF (LinearFlash). We also have this program generates files for printing machine Roland. Everything is working fine.

There is a drawback - the online connection is not provided. If an online connection is not needed, this solution is much cheaper than everyone else.

Junior Member pioupiou is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapadiscos View Post
    I´ve seen Inkzone box solution and it´s cheaper than Heidelberg's solution (about 7000$) but I´m searching more information.
    I can't tell you more except that "we" have this on a Heidelberg press : really cheaper and reliable.
    It's a good solution.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast