+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For Prinergy 5.2, what the Pc I need?

Junior Member fabiuscom is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

For Prinergy 5.2, what the Pc I need?

Hi,
    at my work, I got a Dell Poweredge 840 with Prinergy 4.2.1. If I want install the new version of Prinergy and I want update the PC, can I buy a classic Pc or I'm forced to buy a Dell or similar? Thank you

PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiuscom View Post
    Hi,
    at my work, I got a Dell Poweredge 840 with Prinergy 4.2.1. If I want install the new version of Prinergy and I want update the PC, can I buy a classic Pc or I'm forced to buy a Dell or similar? Thank you
    ask kodak for their recommendations. if you are buying a pc on your own and the software ist not working properly you are in trouble and kodak will say: its not our problem!

Thanks
    The difference between the Dell or normal pc what are? I think if I buy an Intel i7 or i5 with an ssd and a more gb of ram we haven't problem

PRC Member spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all spider is a name known to all
    Thanks
    The difference between the Dell or normal pc what are? I think if I buy an Intel i7 or i5 with an ssd and a more gb of ram we haven't problem
    you cant compare a dell server with an i5 or i7!

the server hardware utilizes a complete different hardware architecture.
    for heavy load power you will need at least a dual cpu xeon quadcore with level 5 raid and sas 10k hard drives.

i5 and i7 are not build for server applications. these are desktop cpus!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    you cant compare a dell server with an i5 or i7!

the server hardware utilizes a complete different hardware architecture.
    for heavy load power you will need at least a dual cpu xeon quadcore with level 5 raid and sas 10k hard drives.

i5 and i7 are not build for server applications. these are desktop cpus!
    Yes you all right, the Dell that I have is a intel Xeon CPU and only 2gb ram and raid 5 with seagate 7,2k hard drives. You think the best hard drives are 10k in raid and not ssd in raid?

Thanks
    Yes you all right, the Dell that I have is a intel Xeon CPU and only 2gb ram and raid 5 with seagate 7,2k hard drives. You think the best hard drives are 10k in raid and not ssd in raid?
    there are many different generations of xeon cpus as well as mainboard technology. also not only the 7.2k or 10k rpm of the hard drive are import. the type of interface is important too.

ssd drives have fast access times but have a limited lifetime regarding the write cycles. it is no good idea to put them into a server, especially in a raid configuration.

you can see the hardware requirements for prinergy 5.1 here at page 18 ff. :

[URL="http://services.topserv.sg/app/webroot/pdf/prinergy/connect/Prinergy%205.1%20Solutions%20Guide.pdf"]Prinergy 5.1 Solutions Guide[/URL]

+ Reply to Thread